ADVERTISEMENT

Who upsets their way in this week?

mc140

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
The teams in bold would just swap spots with the team they beat. The rest would bump teams out of the current projected 256. History says at least one of the nonbolded win this weekend.

Deerfield (H.S.) 4-4 41 1635.00 Fri. at 7-1 Des Plaines (Maine West)
Geneva 4-4 40 1938.00 Fri. vs. 6-2 Aurora (West Aurora)
Aurora (Waubonsie Valley) 4-4 40 2573.00 Fri. at 6-2 Wheaton (North)
Carol Stream (Glenbard North) 4-4 38 2229.00 Fri. at 5-3 Naperville (Neuqua Valley)
Zion (Z.-Benton) 4-4 38 2590.00 Fri. at 4-4 Libertyville

Belvidere (North) 4-4 36 1508.00 Fri. at 6-2 Rockford (East)
Rockford (Guilford) 4-4 36 1721.00 Fri. at 7-1 Rockford (Auburn)
Bloomington (H.S.) 4-4 36 1371.00 Fri. at 6-2 Danville (H.S.)
McHenry 4-4 36 2226.00 Fri. vs. 7-1 Huntley
Downers Grove (South) 4-4 36 2656.00 Fri. at 7-1 Villa Park (Willowbrook)
Palos Hills (Stagg) 4-4 35 2286.00 Fri. at 6-2 Moline (H.S.)

Posted this in the other thread that got derailed.

Geneseo (4-4) 47 fri. vs Morris (7-1)
A win gets them in.

The teams in bold would just swap spots with the team they beat. The rest would bump teams out of the current projected 256. History says at least one of the nonbolded win this weekend.

Carol Stream (Glenbard North) 4-4 38 2229.00 Fri. at 5-3 Naperville (Neuqua Valley)

-Belvidere North has a good chance to beat Rockford East. 4 loses have all been close, they returned their starting FB in an option offense 3 weeks ago after he missed the first 4 weeks, and beat East 20-0 last season. East has also improved, should be a good game.
-Pretty doubtful Guilford beats Auburn.
-If WV beats Wheaton North, I wouldn't want to see them round 1 in the playoffs as a 9-0 or 8-1 team!

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21

Not sure GBN and NV swap spots. If NV loses they only have 32 playoff points. They would get 4 from DVC for a total of 36. Then they would need one of the 0-8 teams to win (Thornwood or Metea) to give them another playoff point or two. Not sure 36 will get you in at 5-4.

-Belvidere North has a good chance to beat Rockford East. 4 loses have all been close, they returned their starting FB in an option offense 3 weeks ago after he missed the first 4 weeks, and beat East 20-0 last season. East has also improved, should be a good game.
-Pretty doubtful Guilford beats Auburn.
-If WV beats Wheaton North, I wouldn't want to see them round 1 in the playoffs as a 9-0 or 8-1 team!

As much as I would like to believe the WV statement. IF they get in will most likely first round could be against either:

MS
HF
Loyola
Barrington
Marist

Not sure they beat any of these schools.

As much as I would like to believe the WV statement. IF they get in will most likely first round could be against either:

MS
HF
Loyola
Barrington
Marist

They said the same thing two years ago against a 9-0 Edwardsville down at their place with good home cookin and a shocker happened anyway

Last year they said it could never be done against a 9-0 Hinsdale Central team that actually wrestled the conference title away from Glenbard West for the first time since Jesus was a baby, and it happened.

Third time is a charm? ;)

You just never know with HS kids....

Mistake Free, couple kids have a game of their lives, other team craps the bed, dogs and cats rain from the heavens, who knows - anything can happen.

Reactions: Gene K.
Mistake free is key. I have watched WV 5x times this year, turnovers (special team mistakes) have beat them. Almost cost them last week I was told.

They have soo much talent on this team

You are correct, never know with 16-18 yr olds what will happen on a Friday night

MS
HF
Loyola
Barrington
Marist

Playoffs is always a different story. Records are thrown out and only that game matters to everyone involved. Some kids rise to the occasion and others not so much. If you fight to the end, you will have a chance to win.

Mistake free is key. I have watched WV 5x times this year, turnovers (special team mistakes) have beat them. Almost cost them last week I was told.

They have soo much talent on this team

You are correct, never know with 16-18 yr olds what will happen on a Friday night

Are you speaking of the muffed punt and the subsequent strip sack fumble for a TD orrrrr the missed Field goal to go up by 10? inquiring minds want to know which calamity you are referring to from last week!:) I bet it's the muff and fumble return for a TD!;)

In all seriousness - yes Turnovers have cost us a few games this year - but on some of them credit the D we were playing against I guess as turnovers part of the game. The flip side is we won a game we probably shouldn't have (WWS) without a forced fumble at the goal line and recovery to seal the game. But I do wish there was a column like in tennis "unforced errors?" WV has too many of those that cost us some games. But like I said - what happens when they play a clean game? They can be a tough little team when that happens.

No home cooking. Just sloppy play against a good team.

You know I was just joshin about the home cookin..... Or was I?;)

Yeah that was my point though - even a good to great team (like the 2015 Eville 9-0 team) can get bushwhacked by a solid bottom 10 seed (22-32) in the playoffs if they are not "on" and focused.

Anything can happen once you in the dance.

But to win 5 straight? You better be both focused and a great team.

WV is always a dangerous draw because they are always talented but play so inconsistent. I saw a crappy 5-4 Belleville East team make the trek to play 9-0 WV and physically dominate them and come out with the win a few years ago. You never know what WV team you will see on a given week.

WV is always a dangerous draw because they are always talented but play so inconsistent. I saw a crappy 5-4 Belleville East team make the trek to play 9-0 WV and physically dominate them and come out with the win a few years ago. You never know what WV team you will see on a given week.

The Belleville East team played identical the the WV team that came down and Beat a 9-0 E'ville team. I now see what E'ville fans feel like they shouldn't have lost to a crapy WV team.

The Belleville East team played identical the the WV team that came down and Beat a 9-0 E'ville team. I now see what E'ville fans feel like they shouldn't have lost to a crapy WV team.

In all fairness that "crappy WV team" made it to the semi finals in 2015 so they can't be that crappy.

The 9-0 WV team from 5-6 years ago was playing in the Upstate 8 so they were not nearly as good as their record might have indicated. That same team probably would have been 6-3 or 5-4 if in the DVC at the time.

In all fairness that "crappy WV team" made it to the semi finals in 2015 so they can't be that crappy.

The 9-0 WV team from 5-6 years ago was playing in the Upstate 8 so they were not nearly as good as their record might have indicated. That same team probably would have been 6-3 or 5-4 if in the DVC at the time.

I don't believe in calling any team that wins crappy but that poster felt that was the proper description. In high schools, teams match up well with some and not so good with others. Depending on the bracket, you can exit first round or win it all.

You know I was just joshin about the home cookin..... Or was I?;)

Yeah that was my point though - even a good to great team (like the 2015 Eville 9-0 team) can get bushwhacked by a solid bottom 10 seed (22-32) in the playoffs if they are not "on" and focused.

Anything can happen once you in the dance.

But to win 5 straight? You better be both focused and a great team.
Lol I agree. E'Ville had a good team that year, but they didn't have any focus and played a sloppy game. WV was a tough team and took full advantage.

We played that BVE team and I think they were solid. They also went to the 7A Semi's the prior year if I remember correctly.

I think ZB, Waubonsie and Belv E all win, thought I am not sure i'd call any of them "upsets"

Sandburg is better.
Going into tonight's Week 9 games, Sandburg's opponents have 55 total wins. Their schedule hit all the SWSC heavy hitters (LWE, HF, LWC, LWW and Bolingbrook) plus Lyons in the opener. Getting to 60 is not out of the question either. What a gauntlet.

Reactions: MS4EVER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT