ADVERTISEMENT

Who Stood Out: The Stage Camp Wisconsin QB/WR/DB

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
The Stage Camp is a showcase camp that combines the coaches and resources from both EFT Sports Performance along with Boom. This was also the first time we've ventured into Wisconsin for a camp and they camp was held at the brand new Milwaukee Yard facility in Oak Creek. The Milwaukee Yard is for the most part is an exact set up and layout as some of the other Yards (Westmont Yard and Naperville Yard come to mind) and it's a very nice overall indoor facility. We ended up with roughly 150 campers which for a first time venture was a success in our estimation....and we plan to return to the Milwaukee Yard in the future for events.

So who stood out? Again as I always say whenever I prepare one of these evaluations/takes is that I try my best to watch all 150 plus kids at once but playing host to this camp along with other various responsibilities no question makes it a challenge to get a really long looks. I rely quite a bit on the coaches at the camp....and these are very good and highly experienced former college players and current positional coaches.

Best overall position group? Either the Tight End group of the Defensive Backs. Ironically, both positions are always down number wise yet the overall quality of both groups here was unquestioned. In the tight ends group in particular...I name every TE who took part in this camp....because they all did well...they all have talent and all show really well here.

Who Stood Out: Offensive and Defensive Linemen

Who Stood Out: Tight Ends Running Backs Linebackers

So Who Stood Out?

Quarterbacks

601 Jake Dugger Brother Rice 2024-
I have been able to see Jake Dugger a few times now in person and he throws a very good, consistent ball with good overall arm strength and touch. One of many younger guys at this event who seems to continue to get better each time I see him in person.

604 Jackson Kilburg Maine South 2024- Another younger guy here who has a chance to break out and emerge this coming fall, no easy feat playing in a QB friendly high level offense at Maine South. Kilburg was very consistent here, throws an impressive ball with good arm strength especially in the short/medium passing game. Kilburg will need to continue to add more strength and size, but he has the makings of another Maine South QB on the rise.

608 Will Vaske St. Charles North 2023- I've seen like 12 impressive STCN quarterbacks now this off season....Ok maybe not 12 but Vaske was also very solid here all day and I was impressed with his overall accuracy and touch.

708 Johnny Weber Carmel Catholic 2024- Weber is already a veteran of the camp circuit and he's a big kid (6-foot-4, 185 pounds) who in my eyes looks to be primed for a big 2022 season. Weber has a strong and very accurate arm, makes all the required throws and was really impressive on his deep ball. Weber is also a quarterback who is capable of escaping pressure and scramble out of the pocket and become a threat with the run when required. Overall I just saw a lot to like here.

Defensive Backs

801 Jailen Duffie Warren Township 2023
Yet another kid who I've seen multiple times now live....Duffie is a high level D1 defensive back with a ton of upside and development still ahead of him. Duffie has impressive speed, quickness and is a terrific ball hawk who also just has quick twitch ability. Duffie was hands down the top cover man here....and this was also a very small group but a very strong group as well.

805 Harlon May Carmel Catholic 2024- Had no idea about May until this event, but it's pretty clear that Carmel has some really impressive underclassmen names to watch. May is a well put together all around athlete who made some impressive plays in one on ones. May looks to have the frame to add a bit more muscle down the line and could easily grow into a SS/OLB type at the college level.

807 Devion Reynolds Carmel Catholic 2024 - Devion Reynolds is yet another Carmel kid who has great speed, quickness and impressive all around cover skills and awareness in coverage. Reynolds also has more room to grow and add more weight and muscle....and combine that with his already impressive ball skills, athletic ability and speed/quickness and he has the look and potential to become high level D1 defensive back.

909 Gordon Dajhir Warren Township 2024- Played receiver then moved over to defensive back in one on ones....and Dajhir is a compact, speedy and high level twitch guy who is a game breaker type who has the skills to play at a high level on either side of the football. Dajhir showed impressive hands, quick first step and explosiveness who is a natural athlete. Dahjir's overall size (5-foot-7, 140 pounds) no question is an issue from a recruiting standpoint....but no doubt this kid has serious game and skills and is easily a name to watch.

Wide Receivers

901 Evan Agosto Maine South 2024-
Fluid runner, very capable in traffic and is a natural hands catcher who just seems to be consistently good in every camp I've seen him in over the off season.

903 Cameron Ashley Simeon 2023- Good sized kid who also runs really well. Ashley is another camp regular and what stood out here for me was his ability to go get the football whether in traffic or deep. Ashley just seems to want the football more than most defenders and he also made some really impressive catches here. Ashely aloso will continue to get stronger and has a chance to play at a high level in college.

905 Kam Chigi Minooka 2024- One of my local neighborhood kids who I never knew about until this event. Has decent size, caught the football pretty well and showed well in various positional drill work. Still has room to add more weight and size over the next year plus and I'll be keeping an eye on this kid.

907 Carter Contreras Hinsdale Central 2024- Carter was easily one of the better/most consistent pass catchers at this event. Contreras has decent size and a frame that will also continue to add more good weight and size. Contreras also showed really good speed and quickness in drill work, was able to run some impressive routes and was just a very difficult kids to defend.

908 Miles Cremascoli New Trier 2024- Another camp regular, Miles already in some ways looks to be college ready physically (6-foot-2, 192 pounds). Cremascoli in some ways I feel is a bit of a positional tweener.....meaning he could end up growing into more of a tight end for the next level. Regardless, Cremascoli showed good hands, made some nice catches in one on ones and was a non stop worker here. Colleges will want to see him on the stop watch this spring and he has a chance to play at a pretty high level in college is his speed is there.

910 Maurice Davis Mount Carmel 2024- I was impressed with Mo Davis in person last fall and he has a ton of upside and potential in my opinion. Davis has very good speed and has some explosiveness. Davis also runs really strong routes, knows how to finish off a route and was able to also battle all opposing defensive backs for the football on a consistent basis. I'm excited to also see how much David grows and develops over the next year or so....and he has the potential to become a FBS/FCS level name.

918 Casey Joyce Lane Tech 2023- Just a very steady receiver who was able to find some room and separation on deep balls along with just catching everything in his vicinity. The camp coaches also pointed out Joyce has a quick study and hard worker.

923 Shaibu Mohammed Plainfield North 2023- Big tall and lanky kid who is a gigantic target in the passing game. Showed decent hands and while he will need to keep adding more weight and size along with improving his overall speed...I just get the feeling schools will look harder at Mohammed this spring as a potential tight end at say the FCS/D2 level. .

924 Charlie Newton Payton Prep 2023- Another kid I've watched for a few years now and a camp regular. I saw Newton at the very end of the camp and told him honestly didn't watch him in one rep (it happens at camps). yet the position coaches raved about Newton's motor, effort and ability to catch the football. Newton has also added some considerable size and muscle from a year ago and is in line for a big fall season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News