ADVERTISEMENT

Where is Prep Bowl at this year?

Topiary

Jul 9, 2001
Well seems like there will be quite a number of teams jumping in off the bat (Larry, Rita, Leo and Fenwick). Where is the Prep Bowl Final at this year?

Been at Gately the past 4 years. Never understood why BR didn’t get in it last year. That ain’t a knock it just really surprised me

Tops concerned about where the prep bowl will be played.:rolleyes:

Actually have some friends with kids who play for Larry and Rita - so just asking on their behalf
I’m proud of your concern. I’m sure their coaches will tell them. But I’m glad you’re back. Congrats on a great year!

So far so good - but Montini on road is going to be tough. Rita should be back next year with some good kids already up and a nice Soph team

Well seems like there will be quite a number of teams jumping in off the bat (Larry, Rita, Leo and Fenwick). Where is the Prep Bowl Final at this year?
Larry and Fenwick won't be invited, only Blue teams with losing records are allowed in if i remember correctly. So, it'll be the Stangs and whoever loses in state playoffs first 2 rounds.

Don't believe anyone who claims to know entrance standards for the Prep Bowl.

Nobody actually understands them. It's like the Infield Fly rRule or
Don Meredith's explanation of NFL Pass Interference.

4 hours and not one LA joke.

Weak.

Prep Bowl jokes are only used by and against the 3 south side schools separated by a dozen miles or so as we head into Open House season.

LA is spared from this annual back and forth.

Been at Gately the past 4 years. Never understood why BR didn’t get in it last year. That ain’t a knock it just really surprised me
Talk about stirring the pot.
Juniors were done and didn't want to play with senior group. Opted out

Missing out on playing games is inexcusable....; )
Not if it's the kids choice and the adults stay out of it
That what I call growing up and making the right decision for the future.
It's what I call being a leader and not a follower is.
It's called making the hard decision when everyone around including authority figures and so called high school football fans ( like yourself) telling you their opinion on something that they know nothing about.

Not if it's the kids choice and the adults stay out of it
That what I call growing up and making the right decision for the future.
It's what I call being a leader and not a follower is.
It's called making the hard decision when everyone around including authority figures and so called high school football fans ( like yourself) telling you their opinion on something that they know nothing about.
Settle down tough guy. Hence why I put the wink in. So called fans like myself huh? Come on!

Last edited:
Tough guy? Just truth my man
You need a 20 second TO to go sit in the corner.

Last edited:
Larry and Fenwick won't be invited, only Blue teams with losing records are allowed in if i remember correctly. So, it'll be the Stangs and whoever loses in state playoffs first 2 rounds.
This is Leo's breakdown from last year. They were in the RED, with a 3-6 record, and were
in the prep bowl playoffs. If only blue teams with losing records were invited, there would be no first round. Every team with a winning record makes the IHSA playoffs.

7:00 W 21 13 H Chicago (Lane) 4-5 3943.00 Soldier Field
Sep 1 7:30 L 26 38 A Skokie (Niles North) 2-7 2030.00
Sep 8 7:00 L 26 41 A Chicago (C. Hope Academy) 8-3 349.80
Sep 15 7:30 L 0 28 A Oak Park (Fenwick) 7-5 1960.20 Triton College
Sep 22 7:30 L 8 27 H Kankakee (McNamara) 3-6 556.05
Sep 29 7:30 L 0 55 H Burbank (St. Laurence) 8-4 1686.30 Brother Rice
Oct 7 1:30 L 7 49 A Wilmette (Loyola Academy) 12-2 3377.55
Oct 13 7:00 W 27 21 A Westchester (St. Joseph) 3-7 376.00 Elmhurst College
Oct 21 1:00 W 47 12 H Chicago (DePaul) 2-7 450.00
Oct 26 7:00 W 26 13 N Westchester (St. Joseph) 3-7 376.00 St. Rita
Nov 4 L 6 28 Oak Park (Fenwick) 7-5 1960.20

How will the powers that be work out the Prep Bowl next year with the merger, last time the conference was merged some old ESCC schools were allowed to play and if my memory serves me correctly, Carmel Catholic won the Prep Bowl a game played at Hanson Staidum that year due to Soldier Field being renovated

How will the powers that be work out the Prep Bowl next year with the merger, last time the conference was merged some old ESCC schools were allowed to play and if my memory serves me correctly, Carmel Catholic won the Prep Bowl a game played at Hanson Staidum that year due to Soldier Field being renovated
JC played in it and lost to Hubbard when Hubbard had Charles Frazier

***I'm ready for back lash from the "OLD SCHOOL" CCL fans***

If I was a head coach the prep bowl would be a team vote every year.

As a Rice fan and former player (In the prep bowl) I think playing in this should be optional to any team with out judgement.

In my opinion, Older CCL members (40+) are still having flashbacks to when this championship meant something, actually included very good teams, and was held at soldiers field watched by a large crowd.

People on this board typically don't know what goes behind the scenes. Hence MASSIVE judgement on rice last year in regards to a 2-7 team that just wanted the season to end and start training towards 2018.

Here's your view points:
- Extra practice for your younger kids
- More time spent with teammates
- School pride (LOL)

BUT sometimes there's a REASON the team has a losing record and the season coming to an end is best for coaches and players.

With teams like Rita and Fenwick ( records of 2-7, 1-8 etc) let the kids chose if they still want to play.

Either way this board will be filled with older CCL members being furious over a trophy most of these kids care ZERO about. Put in your old VHS and watch your son or yourself play when this game actually meant something.

*** Here's a response I'm anticipating***
"Tell that to the MT. Carmel team who won the prep bowl 2 season ago."

All I'm saying is let the kids vote. Not that every team should not participate. If you have a team that is 3-6, 2-7, but loves to practice, spend time together, then by all means they will vote and choose to be a part of the Prep Bowl.

But calling for a coaches head or being "disgusted" by them choosing to start training for the off-season is not right.

If we didn't have a Prep Bowl, what invite would one coach extend to the other during their pre-game handshake?

***I'm ready for back lash from the "OLD SCHOOL" CCL fans***

If I was a head coach the prep bowl would be a team vote every year.

As a Rice fan and former player (In the prep bowl) I think playing in this should be optional to any team with out judgement.

In my opinion, Older CCL members (40+) are still having flashbacks to when this championship meant something, actually included very good teams, and was held at soldiers field watched by a large crowd.

People on this board typically don't know what goes behind the scenes. Hence MASSIVE judgement on rice last year in regards to a 2-7 team that just wanted the season to end and start training towards 2018.

Here's your view points:
- Extra practice for your younger kids
- More time spent with teammates
- School pride (LOL)

BUT sometimes there's a REASON the team has a losing record and the season coming to an end is best for coaches and players.

With teams like Rita and Fenwick ( records of 2-7, 1-8 etc) let the kids chose if they still want to play.

Either way this board will be filled with older CCL members being furious over a trophy most of these kids care ZERO about. Put in your old VHS and watch your son or yourself play when this game actually meant something.

*** Here's a response I'm anticipating***
"Tell that to the MT. Carmel team who won the prep bowl 2 season ago."

All I'm saying is let the kids vote. Not that every team should not participate. If you have a team that is 3-6, 2-7, but loves to practice, spend time together, then by all means they will vote and choose to be a part of the Prep Bowl.

But calling for a coaches head or being "disgusted" by them choosing to start training for the off-season is not right.

No backlash here, but I am expecting the Mustang to defeat Rambler this Saturday (game has been moved by Cascia, so LA has an extra day of rest). And then trounce the Blue Demons. 4 - 5 baby!

Not sure if this determined last night but i saw Rita coaches talking to Holecek at half last night at Meteor. Maybe was determined then.

Not sure if this determined last night but i saw Rita coaches talking to Holecek at half last night at Meteor. Maybe was determined then.
Heard it at Frosh game Saturday at StL. Don’t know when it became official though

I know it was a bit of a blow-out, but I don’t know about an opposing coach going to a coach during a game to discuss that (or anything else for that matter).

Nice left handed shot.
I know it was a bit of a blow-out, but I don’t know about an opposing coach going to a coach during a game to discuss that (or anything else for that matter).

"Hey John! Sucks playing on Monday. We'd be willing to move our game to Saturday. Is that OK with you? "

Or maybe the CCL needs a Mueller investigation?

Any repercussions other than a loss for PC?

Reactions: Gene K.
classy move by St Rita
Although Holecek, Lenti, and Kuska were in extreme completion during the games they respect each other off the field.

As far as PC goes they should have to give up a home game to MC. Two years in a row on the road.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT