ADVERTISEMENT

Wheaton St Francis

colin2229

Jul 23, 2005
Did they get some transfers in? How did they get to the point where they beat the defending 8a champs who returned a nice group of returning starters?

Did they get some transfers in? How did they get to the point where they beat the defending 8a champs who returned a nice group of returning starters?
1. They did return a good number of players that had playing time last year. Some very talented skill position players and some OL/DL returners as well.
2. Had a few transfers in and a few transfers out.
3. Loyola QB, Fitzgerald, did not play. I would have still taken Loyola by 2TDs if I knew that before game.
4. While certainly a surprise they beat Loyola, Edgy had been very high on them going back to preseason.

1.) The junior class is exceptionally strong. As freshman they went undefeated against JV competition with a score differential of like 450 to 30 or something like that. Many of these kids got playing time last year. The seniors on the roster are great contributors.

2.) They did benefit from some additions in the offseason, interesting enough I think most of the kids who were transfers were injured and didn’t play Friday. Offensive lineman from Marmion who adds size to the line, couple former Aurora Christian kids and a DB who looks to have moved from Wisconsin to the Chicago area and is a D1 prospect.

I think SF people have been watching this junior class for a few years knowing they could be special. They’ll return something like 18 or 19 starters next year.

They’re talented - something like 5 of their 11 starters on offense currently hold atleast a couple FBS offers…with a couple younger prospects who could eventually end up in that camp. Looks like the recent tradition of great QB play will continue for atleast a couple more years. Defense will likely have a few kids who end up at the FBS / FCS level.

Concerns for the rest of the season will be depth, especially on the lines, as is common for smaller schools.

Last edited:
Great report DMurph. I was one who did a double take when I saw that score. Not that I didn't believe SF was good but geez that was a statement win. I guess the best team in Wheaton isn't even in the DuKane.

Reactions: DMurph11
When we hear of St Francis lately we always hear of speed. Give me 5 names of players with that great speed and what positions they play?

I heard the Driscoll OC is now at St Francis and their OC there since last year. Is he still there? If so what changes do you think he made on the offense? I believe he has 7 state titles from Driscoll.

When we hear of St Francis lately we always hear of speed. Give me 5 names of players with that great speed and what positions they play?

I heard the Driscoll OC is now at St Francis and their OC there since last year. Is he still there? If so what changes do you think he made on the offense? I believe he has 7 state titles from Driscoll.
I think having 4 kids at the receiver position with FBS offers implies a fair amount of speed. Texas A&M and Miami aren’t giving out scholarships to receivers who run 4.9’s. Had multiple plays against Loyola where it looked like 1 v 1 coverage and Francis got behind them.

Defense also has a couple DBs who will probably end up playing D1 ball.

Driscoll OC is still there…has completely changed the offense utilizing an RPO style offense with more sophisticated route concepts.

Reactions: Wassup13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT