ADVERTISEMENT

What did we learn week 9?!?!?

Provi defense still solid, too bad they wind up on the field for 75% of the game because of continuous offense 3 and outs. Damn kids where exhausted by end of BR, MCHS and LA games. Provi offense had a Jekyll and Hyde season. Live by the sword, die by the sword. Live by the run, die by the run. First team to stack box with 7 and shut down PC run ends our season. Let’s see what Washington has, then SHG, then C-M and so on.

Best of luck to all 256 teams! I’ll be going for all ESCC and CCL teams (now that we are all one big happy family) unless they play PC of course. Sorry MC63 but I will be cheering on Jordan and the Caravan in 7A. I know this bothers you. Sorry brother.

The defense was exhausted by continuous 3 and outs against teams way better than any the Celtics would see in their half of the 6A South Bracket. If they should happen to meet up with Richards in the semi-final, then there could be some drama.

If Phillips is to make it to the 6A Championship game, it is likely that they will have to beat both PR (in the second round) and CG (in the quarters). If anyone would deserve to eventually make it to the 14th game, it is certainly them.

If Phillips is to make it to the 6A Championship game, it is likely that they will have to beat both PR (in the second round) and CG (in the quarters). If anyone would deserve to eventually make it to the 14th game, it is certainly them.

man you are smart. if any team makes it past the 10th, 11th, 12th, and 13th game they damn sure deserve to be in the final

The defense was exhausted by continuous 3 and outs against teams way better than any the Celtics would see in their half of the 6A South Bracket. If they should happen to meet up with Richards in the semi-final, then there could be some drama.
Agree!

If the Mount Carmel Caravan advance and end up on the road, will they be subject to some decidedly off color sloganeering by the opposing fans?

If my math is correct, JC went 56 seasons without a losing season (1960-2015).

I guess I should have asked if anyone has had a longer streak. Both impressive and a testament to the dedication to the programs.

Were they all winning? With the move to 256 team playoff and 8 classes - there are teams that finish the regular season 5-4 and lose first round and technically finish 5-5. That is neither a winning season nor a losing season.

55 straight seasons with a winning record

56 straight seasons without a losing record.

I think they are two different “records” for the record books!

Were they all winning? With the move to 256 team playoff and 8 classes - there are teams that finish the regular season 5-4 and lose first round and technically finish 5-5. That is neither a winning season nor a losing season.

55 straight seasons with a winning record

56 straight seasons without a losing record.

I think they are two different “records” for the record books!

The original post said Geneseo had its first losing season in 55 years. Not sure if they were all winning seasons. JC did have a 5-5 season in the mid 90s when they went 5-4 in regular season and lost in prep bowl playoffs

The original post said Geneseo had its first losing season in 55 years. Not sure if they were all winning seasons. JC did have a 5-5 season in the mid 90s when they went 5-4 in regular season and lost in prep bowl playoffs

To make a quick comparison, the current streak for playoff appearances is 30, by Stevenson, and the second is Maine South, at 27...LWE is 18 for 18...7A Normal Community 23, Simeon 18...6A SHG 19, Chatham Glenwood 16...5A Montini 26, Marion 14...4A Rochester 13, Richmond Burton 12...3A Wilmington 23, Carlinville 12...2A 18 Sterling Newman, 15 Maroa...1A Lena Winslow 20, Kewanee Wethersfield 12...obviously there may be schools who missed with 5 wins or more, whether now with 256 qualifiers or before when 6 wins were needed, but the dearth of 10+ streaks makes 55 straight pretty impressive...

Geneseo had a 4-5 record in 1962, 5-4 in 71, 5-4 in 95, 5-4 in 11, 5-5 in 17...7-2 in 84, 95, 11 missed playoffs...

Ok so we need to amend to say 55 and 56 straight years without a losing record. It's still pretty impressive IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT