ADVERTISEMENT

What did we learn week 8!?!?!?!?

LakeCtyNewt

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2002
Just one more week before the fun really starts.

1 - That Mother Nature is and always will be unbeaten.
2 - That someone has to explain to me why when it rains a lot Turf fields bubble up. That’s not exactly “all weather.”
3 - That there must be some mathematical formula to explain the DVC because I can’t figure this out.
4 - That come playoff time teams need to watch out for Hersey.
5 - That York haters became Dukes lovers with a Friday win.
6 - That one of the great debates in football always will be when to go for two and when to tie the game.
7 - That looking ahead to a big week 9 showdown is one thing most coaches can’t game plan for.
8 - That the dividing line between 7A/8A is just about established.
9 - That Maine South remembered New Trier and that was bad for New Trier.
10 - That for one night JCA football looked like JCA football.

One more week to learn something.

11. Raiders will have to come out on offense much better Friday or the clock will run.

I’d rather play them than Niles West!
Not sure Maine West has the depth to compete for a full game, but there are definitely enough athletes to compete with them... would be fun as a lot of the kids know each other too...

Not sure Maine West has the depth to compete for a full game, but there are definitely enough athletes to compete with them... would be fun as a lot of the kids know each other too...
Exactly my point. This weeks game doesn’t help us at all going into the playoffs

12. That the one team who could have at least put up somewhat of a challenge in 6A North, won't!!

We learned my guy Edgy needs to spell check before producing his top 30! Wow bud! LOL Gimme some more of that........

The Board doubted the Meteor getting 1 win, but the Meteor got 2 and very possibly get 3 and finish 7-2

Check the Sunday scores.

If your going to call a team out at least have the stones to use their name. Now that you listed Sunday - I think I know who you talking about and there is no shame in losing to a solid 8A team especially when your backfield is in disarray with injuries.

Supermans team only managed 7 points against the team hinterland fears, and now shall forever be known as EITHER "the team that shall not be named" OR team Voldemort (Harry Potter reference for all you old folks out there!).

Last edited:
Is wining a game "enough?" or does PR need to beat everyone by 50?
If your going to call a team out at least have the stones to use their name. Now that you listed Sunday - I think I know who you talking about and there is no shame in losing to a solid 8A team especially when your backfield is in disarray with injuries.

Supermans team only managed 7 points against the team hinterland fears, and now shall forever be known as EITHER "the team that shall not be named" OR team Voldemort (Harry Potter reference for all you old folks out there!).
Does Superman need to win by 50 every game or is simply beating your rival the first game of the year enough?

Is wining a game "enough?" or does PR need to beat everyone by 50?

Does Superman need to win by 50 every game or is simply beating your rival the first game of the year enough?

Depends on the claims being made. some of the more outrageous claims I have seen on this board as it relates to PR - yeah winning by more than one point would seem in order unless you are doing it with a ring of green kryptonite around each players neck.

Reactions: FalconPadre
If you want to be ranked as a top 3 team, you need to win every game by 50, especially when you're playing in the FVC.
I totally agree with that statement. That's what makes 6a North AND South so interesting this year. FVC has disappointed a bit this year BUT are Huntley and PR set to make a playoff run? Can Mooney and Evans (when healthy) make a run?

I totally agree with that statement. That's what makes 6a North AND South so interesting this year. FVC has disappointed a bit this year BUT are Huntley and PR set to make a playoff run? Can Mooney and Evans (when healthy) make a run?

Not sure about Huntley, Relist, but PR could make a playoff WALK and still be crowned champion!

Talking about "playoff runs" generally involves teams who happen to get hot at the right time. However, if PR were a stove and you touched it right now, you would have to go to the emergency room for treatment for the finger burns and would probably be applying salve for the next two weeks. In other words, PR does not need to get "hot" heading into the playoffs. If they were any hotter, the Crystal Lake Fire Department would have to be on- site at their home games (and probably at their practices if the truth be told)! Public safety, don't ya' know!

Not sure about Huntley, Relist, but PR could make a playoff WALK and still be crowned champion!

Talking about "playoff runs" generally involves teams who happen to get hot at the right time. However, if PR were a stove and you touched it right now, you would have to go to the emergency room for treatment for the finger burns and would probably be applying salve for the next two weeks. In other words, PR does not need to get "hot" heading into the playoffs. If they were any hotter, the Crystal Lake Fire Department would have to be on- site at their home games (and probably at their practices if the truth be told)! Public safety, don't ya' know!
I'm starting to think the Crystal Lake Police Department needs to get involved for a high school stalker.

Now.......is PR and Huntley that good or has Cary-Grove been a bit overrated this year? Will a 6-3 C-G team face a 9-0 PR team in the first round?

That with Monday games week 8 isn’t over yet :) That a CPS team is going to the playoffs for the first time in school history despite losing by 40+ to a weak TF North team & giving up 75 to them.Maybe Argo,Joliet Central & Marian need to join lol

Now.......is PR and Huntley that good or has Cary-Grove been a bit overrated this year? Will a 6-3 C-G team face a 9-0 PR team in the first round?
I Think that Cary Grove is still a very good team. Their three losses have come at the hands of two very good 8A teams and the top ranked 6A team in the state. I think depending on seeding they could end up in the 6A semi final game.

I Think that Cary Grove is still a very good team. Their three losses have come at the hands of two very good 8A teams and the top ranked 6A team in the state. I think depending on seeding they could end up in the 6A semi final game.

exactly, not to mention, when we should have beat PR, we were at FULL strength.

Hopefully we will be by next week,

All the bs about the FOX not being that good. Last year we had no respect and did quite well.

I know we had quarter final teams in 8A, 7A, two in 6A...with the eventual champion. Including the catholics, could another conf say that last year?

Reactions: Wolffan64
exactly, not to mention, when we should have beat PR, we were at FULL strength.

Hopefully we will be by next week,

All the bs about the FOX not being that good. Last year we had no respect and did quite well.

I know we had quarter final teams in 8A, 7A, two in 6A...with the eventual champion. Including the catholics, could another conf say that last year?
If PR and GG meet in the playoffs it will certainly be closer than the 2009 playoff game. Most CG PR games in the last 10 years or so have been great. Imo PR would win by 2 scores. Don’t forget we were a hair away from scoring 2 more tds in week1.

Reactions: Relist8
1. I haven't been involved in a flushed thread in months
2. Considering the thread by the AC fan begin with public/private ramblings, it was never hijacked, it started off that way..

you are wrong as usual

1. I haven't been involved in a flushed thread in months
2. Considering the thread by the AC fan begin with public/private ramblings, it was never hijacked, it started off that way..

you are wrong as usual

And we are right back on track.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT