ADVERTISEMENT

What did we learn week 5!?!?!

LakeCtyNewt

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2002
What a sloppy, messy, yuck of a weekend.

Past the halfway regular season mark. So here we go.

1 - That Soucie is in the bullpen warming up.
2 - That those that still have grass fields, this weekend was not so good.
3 - That the bloom is off the rise at WWS.
4 - That the race in the MSL East will be a three-headed monster to the end.
5 - That Maloney got his first win at a program that definitely needed it
6 - That HF-LWE lives up to the hype which means will be getting a round two in 5-6 weeks
7 - That it appears the NSC race is now a two-horse field
8 - That Lockport after a couple 0-fers is headed in the right direction
9 - That this run Hinsdale Ctrl is on is impressive considering where that program was 6 months ago
10 - That it’s a sad reminder that our sport continues to struggle when another CPS program is closing down.

Playoff clinchers a week away. Enjoy week 6

Reactions: MIKEFTB

6 - That HF-LWE lives up to the hype which means will be getting a round two in 5-6 weeks
9 - That this run Hinsdale Ctrl is on is impressive considering where that program was 6 months ago
10 - That it’s a sad reminder that our sport continues to struggle when another CPS program is closing down.

11. That the FVC is an enigma. Jacobs losing to Burlington Central? The same Jacobs that has given conference leader Huntley it’s only loss.

That super nice guy Harold Blackmon got his first win at a program that definitely needed it.That once again because Team A beats Team B and Team B beats Team C is no guarantee Team A will beat Team C.

Who shut down?

Another Warren Township shut out .... teams are averaging 2.4 pts/game and they have shut out the first 3 opponents in NSC ... on to the next opponent (Zion Benton - Homecoming game) ... see you in the playoffs ... ... not sure it’s a 2 team (assuming you talking about Lake Zurich) race but it’s nice to have some drama .... home of six flags !

That super nice guy Harold Blackmon got his first win at a program that definitely needed it.That once again because Team A beats Team B and Team B beats Team C is no guarantee Team A will beat Team C.
Not to confuse people but because Shepard beat Reavis & Reavis drilled Eisenhower the Astros thought they had a week off

That football on Saturday's came earlier than the playoffs this year.

All.... That Rochester High School has the most obnoxious fans in the CS8. (actually knew that a couple of years ago) Tailgating in their parking lot was an interesting experience. That's a story for another day by the way. (lol) Ratsy

All.... That Rochester High School has the most obnoxious fans in the CS8. (actually knew that a couple of years ago) Tailgating in their parking lot was an interesting experience. That's a story for another day by the way. (lol) Ratsy
I think this rainy day before bears start is a perfect day to elaborate on that.

Still mad at being turned in by SG for something cheap.They got beat on for years so they should have a chip on their shoulder

All.... superac 777 Haven't a clue (really) on what you are talking about. And this had nothing to do about football between the two schools past or present. Have a nice evening. Ratsy

Rochester fans always been nice to me.I heard are snippy towards other schools because those schools used to put a beating on them and now they have become the bully so to speak.they also hate SG because they turned in Rochester over receiving some gifts

Last edited:
Rochester fans always been nice to me.They I heard are snippy towards other schools because those schools used to put a bewating on them and now they have become the bully so to speak.they also hate SG because they turned in Rochester over receiving some gifts
Lol
Boo Whoo!

12. That South Elgin might be better than we thought.
13. That the MSL/CSL merger has really benefitted Hersey, Prospect and Rolling Meadows.
14. That York is still poorly coached, despite the fanfare with the hire a few years ago.
Let's see what happens on oct 18th before we comment in South Elgin

I thought something with Prosser? It had them beating Marine 48-8.They next day it said Prosser FFL=Forfeit loss? Harper was 3-1.I wonder what happened.Robeson was closed, torn down and a new school built to take it's place.John Hope Academy & Team Englewood closed with Robeson to make the new school and Harper & John Hope being phased out.Englewood Stem Academy Eagles that will eventually have Varsity Football I am sure?

Last edited:
I thought something with Prosser? It had them beating Marine 48-8.They next day it said Prosser FFL=Forfeit loss? Harper was 3-1.I wonder what happened.Robeson was closed, torn down and a new school built to take it's place.John Hope Academy & Team Englewood closed with Robeson to make the new school and Harper & John Hope being phased out.Englewood Stem Academy Eagles that will eventually have Varsity Football I am sure?

O'Brien actually did an article on Harper a couple days ago. This is their last season unfortunately as the school only has 49 kids left and will be closing. They actually have to coop this year just to get 16 players.

Not sure, but they lost to Bogan week 4 by the score of 6-0. I’m sure it’s more than likely that they lost the war of attrition. Football is dying a slow painful death in CPS with only around a dozen teams at most fielding teams with 20+ players including freshmen and sophomores. Most belong in 8 man football tbh.

I agree, very impressed with what McMillen, DiFusco, and rest of staff have been able to do in such a short period of time with that program.
With all due respect to the coaches it’s not quite the same thing as playing in the CCL when you move over to the metro suburban. I’m guessing the team has a pretty similar makeup as they had when they were in the ccl. They’ve definitely benefited by switching conferences.

If they play with IC I’ll change my tune.

Rochester fans always been nice to me.I heard are snippy towards other schools because those schools used to put a beating on them and now they have become the bully so to speak.they also hate SG because they turned in Rochester over receiving some gifts

I believe Rochester turned themselves in, which led the IHSA to not punish them as much as they could have. The year was 2013. The penalty resulted in a win for SHG, which was part of the 28-game undefeated run the Cyclones had in 2013 and 2014 leading to two state championships.

Reactions: Gene K.
Still mad at being turned in by SG for something cheap.They got beat on for years so they should have a chip on their shoulder

All.... Hinter is correct they self reported because the word was out and waiting any longer and having the IHSA come calling would of gotten more severe penalties. They got a great deal by the way. By the way Ken Leonard to this day does not recognize the forfeit win even though the IHSA does. Ratsy

Last edited:
With all due respect to the coaches it’s not quite the same thing as playing in the CCL when you move over to the metro suburban. I’m guessing the team has a pretty similar makeup as they had when they were in the ccl. They’ve definitely benefited by switching conferences.

The last two years in CCL the talent was not close to this year for SFHS.

Eagles,

WADR, I’m no fan of St. Francis but didn’t they just beat Mac this past weekend? I believe that Mac gave IC a game this year and in years past. This looks to be a decent team and if the OP is correct they will make some noise in 4A.

Eagles,

WADR, I’m no fan of St. Francis but didn’t they just beat Mac this past weekend? I believe that Mac gave IC a game this year and in years past. This looks to be a decent team and if the OP is correct they will make some noise in 4A.
Don't get me wrong. I hope they are good. I've always liked St. Francis, but they haven't exactly played a killer schedule.

are they not multiplied due to recent historical poor showing in playoffs? im sure someone on this board already laid the rules out, of which i have already forgotten, when or when not a 1.65 multiplier applies to a coed NON boundaried school.

AJ Henning can also pass the ball ( we’ve been told ) but LWE will leave punting and kickoffs to Dominic Dzioban for now...

are they not multiplied due to recent historical poor showing in playoffs? im sure someone on this board already laid the rules out, of which i have already forgotten, when or when not a 1.65 multiplier applies to a coed NON boundaried school.
You might be right, I thought they’d make some noise in 5, really like them in 4.

That Wheaton-Warrenville South and Wheaton North will probably abandon another conference since they can't get past Batavia and the St. Charles teams to win a conference championship.

Don't get me wrong. I hope they are good. I've always liked St. Francis, but they haven't exactly played a killer schedule.

It's an interesting time now for those who peeled off from the CCL (for competitive and travel reasons): BMac, AC, SFW and even Marian of the Sticks. Word is SFW has gone into an aggressive rebuild phase.

How soon until we see the CCL/ESCC/Metro Conference?

If Warren is as bad, (meaning good), as that guy on here says they are, they will win state. He's actually got me rooting for them. I hope he's right...love how he puts six flags in there all the time also.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT