ADVERTISEMENT

Week 9? That must mean HOT WEDNESDAY CPL ACTION!!!

GhostOfTheGhhost

May 14, 2018
All this talk about playoffs, and no mention of CPL Action on Wednesday this week? Way to bury the lead folks! On to the picks!

Steinmetz vs. Senn
I got two words for ya..... DAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW GGGGGGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Gage Park vs Washington
Wait...Gage Park vs Washington at Eckersall? That means one thing. A trip down 83rd to Commercial and a trip to Pepe's Mexican Restaurant. You know I'm ordering the El Presidente tomorrow! Queso Fundido, steak on the cast iron skillet? NO WAY Washington loses this one!
America!

Lindblom vs Bowen
I know it's LindBLOM, not LindBLOOM, but that doesn't stop me from wishing it was.
Bowen!

Phoenix vs Foreman
A few years back, Foreman replaced their varsity staff with Pop Warner staff. It went exactly as you would think it would, and they were out by the end of the season. Ahhh sweet memories of sitting in Hansen Stadium watching Lead ISO after Lead ISO after Lead ISO after Lead ISO.... you get the idea
Foreman!

Rowe-Clark vs Pritzker
If you are rolling around Addison and Western around 8 on Wednesday night and you see the lights on in Lane Stadium with no one in the stands, you might think they are doing maintenance .. first of all, that's hilarious and the joke is on you because they don't do maintenance at Lane Stadium! Actually, it's a Wednesday Noble School Battle!
Rowe Rowe Rowe the boat!

All this talk about playoffs, and no mention of CPL Action on Wednesday this week? Way to bury the lead folks! On to the picks!

Steinmetz vs. Senn
I got two words for ya..... DAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW GGGGGGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Gage Park vs Washington
Wait...Gage Park vs Washington at Eckersall? That means one thing. A trip down 83rd to Commercial and a trip to Pepe's Mexican Restaurant. You know I'm ordering the El Presidente tomorrow! Queso Fundido, steak on the cast iron skillet? NO WAY Washington loses this one!
America!

Lindblom vs Bowen

I know it's LindBLOM, not LindBLOOM, but that doesn't stop me from wishing it was.
Bowen!

Phoenix vs Foreman
A few years back, Foreman replaced their varsity staff with Pop Warner staff. It went exactly as you would think it would, and they were out by the end of the season. Ahhh sweet memories of sitting in Hansen Stadium watching Lead ISO after Lead ISO after Lead ISO after Lead ISO.... you get the idea
Foreman!

Rowe-Clark vs Pritzker
If you are rolling around Addison and Western around 8 on Wednesday night and you see the lights on in Lane Stadium with no one in the stands, you might think they are doing maintenance .. first of all, that's hilarious and the joke is on you because they don't do maintenance at Lane Stadium! Actually, it's a Wednesday Noble School Battle!
Rowe Rowe Rowe the boat!
Cmon now. You're going to be right around the corner. Might as well go to Birrieria Ocotlan!

It's Gameday! 7 hours until kick. Let's Goooooooo!

Steinmetz vs. Senn
Dawgz versus Streaks. Nothing worse than having to clean up dawg streaks across your carpet. Not only is it gross but you know a heavy vet bill is coming your way soon. Nothing will be clean about this game though. If only we could have this game played at Hanson.

Gage Park vs Washington
Whenever I see Washington I'm reminded of my youth. Ahh the good ol East side. The real ones know of the Polish sausage at Steve's, that's the ticket. Every holiday, birthday, large family gathering meant bulk sausage from there, Grandma cooking it up with kraut and boy let the good times roll. Naturally ends with gramps having way too much to drink and telling everyone it wasn't the drinks, it was the Polish Sausage. True Chicago. Let's go Generals err Patriots!

Lindblom vs Bowen
The onions look to peel back the layers of the mighty Bowen Arrow passing attack. Should be a great matchup on this fine crisp evening. Look for the arrows to sling out ahead early and hit the bullseye.

Phoenix vs Foreman
This game will be a hotly contested matchup with a huge pregame presence of CPL faithful tailgating and basking in the revelry. Bad news for Foreman as this happens. The Phoenix thrive with and fire let alone grill fire! I'm not being a joker, Foreman is in trouble.

Rowe-Clark vs Pritzker
Since thereturnofcmonman has been disposed lately let drops some lyrics for him.
Noble noble noble can't you see, can't you see, what you do to me! Pritzker and their Biggie Jowels jiggle all over Rowe-Clark.

Happy Wednesday football all!

All.... Thunderbird action! Not yesterday but Saturday afternoon. Can they finish the season 9-0? And if they do likely a #3 seed but against who? A very tricky and possible difficult game with Bronzeville. Inquiring minds want to know..... Ratsy
Saturday afternoon tilts are not normally my deal, however, this should be a good one. Hyde Park has not really been tested yet. Playing against a team with so many hyphens and dashes is always tough. With all that said, my high school girlfriend had an 82 T Bird with the sweet Landau top and velour interior. Thing was always breaking down, I must’ve pushed that thing 10 miles total. I hated that car.
Dashes and Hyphens!!

I'll take the steak skillet, the El Presidente, which fortifies you for some post-game beers.
The key to these situations is to know which stadium you're heading to. Rockne? Bring on the skillets, potatoes and whatever spice you want, for they have the finest toilets/restrooms in all of CPS. Not all facilities are kept up the same however. My one buddy isn't the biggest fan of the potato (in any form) but in our pregame breakfast meet up prior to one Saturday morning Lane tilt he decided to get spicy and switch it up. Guy goes with the skillet and he was stuck in a Lane bathroom for the entire first half, which obviously resulted in all of the plumbing being shut down for the entire rest of the day at Lane. While it was a good laugh to hear those Lakeview fans grumble about no toilet, there was no chance those red coats were letting us out to McDonald's to come back in.

We have a true CPS game tomorrow. Curie is having their Homecoming/Senior night at Altgeld Park.......No stands, No lockerooms, washrooms in the park fieldhouse. This is going to be interesting

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT