ADVERTISEMENT

Week 8 forfeits/reschedules

jotapepe

Jul 20, 2021
New week, new changes! So far, I have no reports on what any team will do, so here goes:

- Juarez is forfeiting their season, and this week Little Village is the opponent.
- Urbana has forfeited their season, and Peoria has an open week at present. (Personally, Peoria is not as strong this year as they have been in the past - though they are still very good - and I wouldn't be shocked to see them just decied to take the win as a playoff-seed protector rather than risk a loss.)
- Vienna-Goreville has forfeited their season and so Hamilton County has an open date.
- Sullivan-Okaw Valley has forfeited their season and Central A&M has an open date. Their Twitter account has said they are looking for a game.
- Watseka has forfeited their season and Momence now has an open date.
- Argenta-Oreana has forfeited their season and ALAH is now open this week.

"Youth issues" such as what, if you do not mind me asking?
In some cases, the team has minimal amounts of juniors and seniors and the varsity squad would be primarily freshmen and sophomores. Obviously not ideal, and likely to result in injuries.

Reactions: johnndoe
Update per the IHSA website - South Fulton appears to have forfeited to Farmington this week. Farmers, evidently, are 8-0.

New week, new changes! So far, I have no reports on what any team will do, so here goes:

- Juarez is forfeiting their season, and this week Little Village is the opponent.
- Urbana has forfeited their season, and Peoria has an open week at present. (Personally, Peoria is not as strong this year as they have been in the past - though they are still very good - and I wouldn't be shocked to see them just decied to take the win as a playoff-seed protector rather than risk a loss.)
- Vienna-Goreville has forfeited their season and so Hamilton County has an open date.
- Sullivan-Okaw Valley has forfeited their season and Central A&M has an open date. Their Twitter account has said they are looking for a game.
- Watseka has forfeited their season and Momence now has an open date.
- Argenta-Oreana has forfeited their season and ALAH is now open this week.
Deerfield is looking for a game.

Rich Township has paused the season thru Week 8.

It also appears that Mt. Carmel (in southern Illinois) has an open date due to a forfeit from Indianapolis Phalen Academy. Multiple potential games, but not too many people would be interested in going there considering how stinking good the Golden Aces are.

ALAH has accepted the forfeit from Argenta-Oreana, very reasonably considering their 3-4 record and fairly low number of playoff points. They now take a 4-4 record into the last week of the season.

Evidently North Greene is forfeiting, as Camp Point Central is now hosting Central A&M. Tremendous game.

Westmont just cancelled on Chicago Christian. They want to play tonight or tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT