ADVERTISEMENT

Week 5: The Underclassmen Report Bolingbrook/LW East

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
I was able to take in games this past weekend between Bolingbrook hosting Lincoln Way East and also O'Fallon at East St. Louis on Saturday. I will prepare these reports each week during the 2021 Fall season. Questions? Issues? Post em here or email me edgytim@edgytim.copm

Bolingbrook Raiders

Top Underclassmen to Watch

2023 S Damon Walters (6-foot-1, 175 pounds)-
Big time name and recruiting to watch here who has already added time Power 5 offers and attention. Walters has terrific size and length, will continue to add more good weight and size at the college level and has all the physical tool to become a highly ranked safety at the Power 5 level. Walters also showed impressive ball skills, reads and reacts really well and is a big time closer and finisher in run support. Walters, who is also a high level kid academically just checks off all the things you are looking for in a high caliber athlete who will no question be one of the most sought after names in the Class of 2023. HUGE upside here.

2024 WR/DB I'Marion Stewart (6-foot-0, 175 pounds)- I'Marion Stewart has already made a name for himself in college recruiting circles. Stewart, who is already holding some early Power 5 offers is a speedy, quick twitch athlete who just seems to make big catches and big plays on either side of the football. Stewart, who also has been playing 7on7 for several years continues to add more weight and size and he has the frame to continue to get stronger from here on out. I also love Stewart's quiet confidence and swagger on the field, he's a terrific young man off the field as well Stewart, who is the younger brother of former Raider I'Shawn Stewart (Oregon State/Eastern Michigan) I feel is already more advanced in his game and skill than his older brother was at this stage of his high school career.

2024 WR/S Kyan Berry-Johnson (5-foot-11, 180 pounds)- Another 2024 name for Bolingbrook to watch who also is making a name for himself on the field this fall. Berry-Johnson has very good speed and quickness, he's also a quick twitch athlete who showed great strength and body control in this game. Berry-Johnson no question has a lot of upside and will be another Raider who will see his recruiting stock continue to rise this fall and winter.

2023 LB Marcus Williams- (6-foot-2, 205 pounds)
2023 WR Anjelo Ervin (5-foot-8, 160 pounds)
2023 DL Christian Ellen (5-foot-11, 245 pounds)
2023 LB Anthony Nasca (5-foot-10, 180 pounds)

Senior Eye Opener

RB Jaquan Howard (5-foot-7, 170 pounds)-
Howard is a three year varsity starter for the Raiders who is just fun to watch.Howard runs hard, has good speed and quickness and just seems to be able to get defenders to miss him more often then not. Howard also runs with very good power, has good vision and also knows how to wait for his blocks to set up, then has the explosiveness to change speed and attack the open field. Johnson's only real knock I can see is his overall height for then college level, but his game and abilities are impressive here.

Lincoln Way East Griffins

Top Underclassmen to Watch

2023 LB Jake Scianna (6-foot-0, 220 pounds)- Scianna was a rare sophomore starter on the varsity for the Griffins this past spring season. Scianna has a ton to offer including just being highly advanced in linebacker play. Scianna is a technically sound and well schooled linebacker who plays fast, attacks the line of scrimmage play in and play out and also has a non stop-motor and a high energy guy. Scianna is also one of the better finishers I've seen live this season and he just seems to have a terrific nose for the football. I was also impressed at how Scianna was able to drop in coverage and be effective covering backs out of the backfield. Overall Scianna just has a ton of upside and I'm excited to see how his games progresses over the next year plus. Knocks? Scianna's overall height isn't ideal for the high D1 level, but again he's an underclassmen with major game who will continue to grow and develop over the next year plus.

2023 WR/RB Jayden Cook (6-foot-1, 175 pounds)
2023 RB James Kwiecinski (5-foot-11. 170 pounds)
2024 RB Cade Serauskis (5-foot-10, 170 pounds)
2023 OL William Heitner (6-foot-4, 247 pounds)
2023 OL Joseph Torrelli (5-foot-11, 232 pounds)
2023 OL Brian Rascop (5-foot-9, 235 pounds)
2024 OL Joshua Janowski (6-foot-3, 245 pounds)
2023 OL Bradley Abbott (6-foot-3, 235 pounds).
2023 DL Hank Ravetto (6-foot-2, 215 pounds)
2024 LB Connor Durkin (5-foot-11, 190 pounds)

Senior Eye Opener

WR/RB Trey Johnson -
(6-foot-2, 180 pounds)- Johnson played both receiver and running back and was equally effective in either spot. Johnson is just an all around impressive versatile athlete who continues to just make big plays at East. I can see Johnson along with his teammate Jack Tremblay becoming later FCS/D2 offer guys this fall and winter abd Johnson's senior film will no question help his recruiting.

WR Jack Tremblay (6-foot-0, 185 pounds)- Tremblay is also a rare experienced starter for the Griffins this fall and Tremblay is another impressive, well rounded athlete who has game and a lot to offer at the next level. Tremblay has really good speed, has sure hands and also made some big time catches in this win over Bolingbrook. Tremblay is also drawing various FBS/FCS looks and interest this fall and I projected him months ago as a FCS/D2 level name in the Class of 2022.

S Jon Guch (6-foot-3, 175 pounds)- A bigger longer and lankier kid who has started to fill out physically. Guch covers well, makes good reads and is also strong in run support.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News