ADVERTISEMENT

Week 5 Pick Em: Simeon vs Phillips at Gately

So who wins Week 5

• Simeon

Votes: 21 63.6%
  • Phillips

Votes: 12 36.4%

• Total voters
A couple of years ago this was must see tee vee! Both have fallen off quite a bit but still CPL bragging rights on the line.
@dcaudle68 Help me with the falling off part I been a IHSA official (Football/Baseball/Basketball) for the last 28 years I haven’t seen a decline in either Program. Not even this year. I’m with you on one thing them bragging right is definitely on the line.

@dcaudle68 Help me with the falling off part I been a IHSA official (Football/Baseball/Basketball) for the last 28 years I haven’t seen a decline in either Program. Not even this year. I’m with you on one thing them bragging right is definitely on the line.
You havent seen a decline this year? Both teams were elite teams that could compete with anyone a few years ago, this year they are a combined 0-4 and have been outscored 160-12 when they werent playing CPS teams. I would say that is falling off.

Couple years ago Phillips and Simeon could hang with if not beat MC and JCA...hell Phillips did beat Loyola a few years ago. The Phillips team I saw vs. MC this year is a far cry from their past teams under McCalister.

Reactions: RichieRebel
Couple years ago Phillips and Simeon could hang with if not beat MC and JCA...hell Phillips did beat Loyola a few years ago. The Phillips team I saw vs. MC this year is a far cry from their past teams under McCalister.
Yeah thats true, not sure what’s going on with the two programs but I do see a lot of potential. Maybe they can turn it around somewhere down the line. If not we can count on the MC to represent us well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT