ADVERTISEMENT

Week 5 Pick Em: Crete-Monee at Joliet Catholic

So who wins Week 5

• Crete-Monee

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Joliet Catholic

Votes: 48 88.9%

• Total voters
Looks like Crete can score some points. They put up 61 and 78 in their last two games. I'll be interested to see the offensive game plan of JCA. I'm guessing they will pound it right at the Warriors. I'll also be interested to see the state of Jordan Anderson's injury. He played last week but was nowhere near 100% in my view.

Haven't seen JCA in years. Do they still run the double wing?
Yes, but no longer exclusively. Maybe half the time or a little less. Some spread concepts part of the time and sometimes they put a wingback in the i behind the fullback with the other wingback being available to motion or block off the edge.

it’s a nice combination of schemes with power running still being the bread and butter.

this Crete game has the potential to be a barnburner. Could be the best game of the week. Anderson didn’t appear fully healthy Friday. If he is back to close to 100 percent, JC probably slight favorite. If he is still a little hobbled, I have to imagine Crete is favored.

Reactions: McEvergreen
Looks like Crete can score some points. They put up 61 and 78 in their last two games. I'll be interested to see the offensive game plan of JCA. I'm guessing they will pound it right at the Warriors. I'll also be interested to see the state of Jordan Anderson's injury. He played last week but was nowhere near 100% in my view.
Agreed.
Only because they are at home, I give the Hilltoppers a slight advantage.
Limiting Crete possessions, getting a few 3-&-outs, finishing drives, and controlling the clock with their Offense while keeping the plays in front of them on Defense is probably required to win.

Yes, but no longer exclusively. Maybe half the time or a little less. Some spread concepts part of the time and sometimes they put a wingback in the i behind the fullback with the other wingback being available to motion or block off the edge.

it’s a nice combination of schemes with power running still being the bread and butter.

this Crete game has the potential to be a barnburner. Could be the best game of the week. Anderson didn’t appear fully healthy Friday. If he is back to close to 100 percent, JC probably slight favorite. If he is still a little hobbled, I have to imagine Crete is favored.
Even if Anderson is hobbled, Crete is not the favorite here. I expect a game similar to the Ritter game. I think JC will end up wearing them down with their size and depth.

This season CM beat Thornwood 78-18 and Thornton 61-0. I did not see either game so will not comment on weather they "ran it up", but I would guess those may be the games he was referring to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT