ADVERTISEMENT

Week 1 powerhouse matchup

Swc1919

Nov 17, 2016
anyone know what to expect from Loyola vs estl I heard flyers somewhat reloaded on both is Loyola gonna be pretty good

Reactions: Anomalyout28
Loyola is returning more starters than most other years I can remember. Will re-load at other positions as well. Qb, RB, 1 starting WR, TE return on offense. Some o-line returning as well. Defense also has a few starters/contributors returning and holecek is back running the defense. Should be a great game.

Loyola is returning more starters than most other years I can remember. Will re-load at other positions as well. Qb, RB, 1 starting WR, TE return on offense. Some o-line returning as well. Defense also has a few starters/contributors returning and holecek is back running the defense. Should be a great game.
Is he running the defense? I thought he was coming back as the LB coach.

Is he running the defense? I thought he was coming back as the LB coach.
I’ve heard LB coach and DC. I can’t really imagine him not having control of the defense if he’s on staff.

Lincoln Way East vs Maine South:
Gonna be a good one for sure. Two storied programs with 2 hall of fame head coaches. Definitely a lot of fire power on both teams as well. East getting Jonas Williams will make that offense scary with pairing him with their D1 bound running back and tight end. Also heard wide receiver transfer Talan White from Marist is a good player as well. Lincoln Way East’s defensive line could also arguably be one of the best in the state with 2 Power 5 defensive ends and both tackles are very solid and played quality minutes last year. Maine South brings back a lot of talent as well especially their offensive line. Should be a good battle in the trenches. Both their QB and running back return as well. Heard rumors that MS has an upcoming Sophomore who’s already getting D1 offers? Curious to see who will get the starting job this year. I’m taking East in this one but should be a really good game nonetheless.

Lincoln Way East vs Maine South:
Gonna be a good one for sure. Two storied programs with 2 hall of fame head coaches. Definitely a lot of fire power on both teams as well. East getting Jonas Williams will make that offense scary with pairing him with their D1 bound running back and tight end. Also heard wide receiver transfer Talan White from Marist is a good player as well. Lincoln Way East’s defensive line could also arguably be one of the best in the state with 2 Power 5 defensive ends and both tackles are very solid and played quality minutes last year. Maine South brings back a lot of talent as well especially their offensive line. Should be a good battle in the trenches. Both their QB and running back return as well. Heard rumors that MS has an upcoming Sophomore who’s already getting D1 offers? Curious to see who will get the starting job this year. I’m taking East in this one but should be a really good game nonetheless.
Yes, at least per Twitter, Jameson Purcell (rising soph) is getting a bunch of big time offers. Seems like it will be hard to get on the field for varsity, however, as their returning starter (Coines) threw for 2,800 and ran for almost 1,000 last season. Also, unless something has changed, a kid who was the starting QB at Glenbrook North in 2022 as a soph is also a rising senior at Maine South.... nice to have QB depth.

• Love
Reactions: ChiTown Chuggers
Yes, at least per Twitter, Jameson Purcell (rising soph) is getting a bunch of big time offers. Seems like it will be hard to get on the field for varsity, however, as their returning starter (Coines) threw for 2,800 and ran for almost 1,000 last season. Also, unless something has changed, a kid who was the starting QB at Glenbrook North in 2022 as a soph is also a rising senior at Maine South.... nice to have QB depth.
Wow, did not know about the Glenbrook North QB. Definitely nice to have a few quality qbs. Coines from what I saw is a really good player and definitely could fill up a stat sheet on any given night. Should be interesting

Reactions: ChiTown Chuggers
I'm not sure I am tracking here. Let me see if I have this straight.

Last season, the QB at MS was a junior but transferred there from Glenbrook North where he was the starting QB (varsity?) as a soph the previous year (2022).

That means that Glenbrook North had a freshman QB last year in 2023 who is already receiving "big time offers?" He was a frosh QB on the varsity? He had to be on the varsity if he is receiving offers, right?

Am I the only one who thinks something isn't adding up here?

Reactions: MMA_Det
I'm not sure I am tracking here. Let me see if I have this straight.

Last season, the QB at MS was a junior but transferred there from Glenbrook North where he was the starting QB (varsity?) as a soph the previous year (2022).

That means that Glenbrook North had a freshman QB last year in 2023 who is already receiving "big time offers?" He was a frosh QB on the varsity? He had to be on the varsity if he is receiving offers, right?

Am I the only one who thinks something isn't adding up here?
I think this is what the situation is for the quarterbacks I could be wrong but:

Constantine Coines: Last year played at Maine South and was named CSL South MVP and all conference. Will be a senior this year

JJ Schlenhardt: Was the backup on MaineSouth last year. He started at Quarterback his sophomore year at Glenbrook North then transferred last season. Believed to have know transitioned to Kicker/Punter this season. Also a senior

Jameson Purcell: Class of 2027 upcoming Sophomore. Played on the Sophomore team as a freshman at Maine South last year. He’s got a lot of his exposure through camps and 7/7 events. Believed he just picked up Nebraska from a good camp performance. As stated before it’s probably a battle between him and the starter from last year, but probably the spot will go to the senior who is battle tested and Purcell will take over next year as a junior.

I think this is what the situation is for the quarterbacks I could be wrong but:

Constantine Coines: Last year played at Maine South and was named CSL South MVP and all conference. Will be a senior this year

JJ Schlenhardt: Was the backup on MaineSouth last year. He started at Quarterback his sophomore year at Glenbrook North then transferred last season. Believed to have know transitioned to Kicker/Punter this season. Also a senior

Jameson Purcell: Class of 2027 upcoming Sophomore. Played on the Sophomore team as a freshman at Maine South last year. He’s got a lot of his exposure through camps and 7/7 events. Believed he just picked up Nebraska from a good camp performance. As stated before it’s probably a battle between him and the starter from last year, but probably the spot will go to the senior who is battle tested and Purcell will take over next year as a junior.
Correct. Purcell is receiving big offers with zero varsity snaps & I would think unlikely to be the starter this season. My son played against him on the soph level last year.

Disclaimer- My kid is at Evanston, not Maine South, so anyone with better info, forgive any mistakes and please correct me.

Ok, I misread it a little bit. Still, it's kinda cray cray that a 14- or 15-year-old kid who has never taken a varsity snap is getting big time offers.

Reactions: lookoutforliam
Ok, I misread it a little bit. Still, it's kinda cray cray that a 14- or 15-year-old kid who has never taken a varsity snap is getting big time offers.
True, but looking at his film he definitely has potential. Got a cannon of an arm and has good speed so definitely a dual threat type of quarter back in the future for them.

Right, I couldn't get my head around it either, but I think high level QBs are a whole different animal. They have individual QB coaches, those guys have connections to college coaches, etc. and I guess they must feel confident they can project the growth of the kids.

Right, I couldn't get my head around it either, but I think high level QBs are a whole different animal. They have individual QB coaches, those guys have connections to college coaches, etc. and I guess they must feel confident they can project the growth of the kids.
Heck a TE from St. Francis has offers as a junior to be and never played a down in HS.

Reactions: wickerpark wildcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT