ADVERTISEMENT

We made it

4Afan

Sep 15, 2001
We're here, it's week 1. The season is upon us! All the fun, but stupid, offseason arguments are over. Does your team have a chance? What is their ceiling? If they're not a title contender what win makes your season?

Morris will be Morris and should be 7-0 heading into Sycamore and then I know nothing about the team from Grand Rapids. After that it depends if they go 4A or 5A. 5A they make the quarters or semis. They go 4A, is it another clash with Rochester?

images

We're here, it's week 1. The season is upon us! All the fun, but stupid, offseason arguments are over. Does your team have a chance? What is their ceiling? If they're not a title contender what win makes your season?

Morris will be Morris and should be 7-0 heading into Sycamore and then I know nothing about the team from Grand Rapids. After that it depends if they go 4A or 5A. 5A they make the quarters or semis. They go 4A, is it another clash with Rochester?

images
Morris could end up in any of these brackets come playoff time: 4A North, 4A South, 5A North, or 5A South (though 5A North seems to be the least likely). Should make the Saturday playoff pairings announcement pretty exciting.

Morris could end up in any of these brackets come playoff time: 4A North, 4A South, 5A North, or 5A South (though 5A North seems to be the least likely). Should make the Saturday playoff pairings announcement pretty exciting.
That's why I love pairings night. With the IHSA system most teams know what class they're in and even their seeding, but with Morris being on the edge of class and direction it's always a mystery.

images
I think Morris goes 6-3. Young at all key positions.

Yes Rochelle and the Michigan team. The Mich team is no pushover and Rochelle is loaded.
I don't know anything about the Michigan team. Rochelle is always an interesting game but if you can get up 2 scores on them it's tough for them to come back with their ground and pound style.

Would love a Wilmo/Althoff game in 2A. Hopefully Althoff wouldn't be intimidated by the Harley's
If this hypothetical game were to happen, it would almost certainly be at Hancock.
Althoff certainly looks to be very good this year.
Might be a case where if Wilmo drops to 2A again, Althoff will be 1A.
It will be fun to watch it play out.

images
I still can't believe they caved in and got rid of their Redskins name. Such weakness.

I still can't believe they caved in and got rid of their Redskins name. Such weakness.
I said the same thing about them & others that got rid of their nicknames & they piled on me. The Pros outside of the Washington Redskins which btw was met with many Native Americans disagreeing with that decision have kept their names. I agree with Pekin Chinks going bye bye but others? No. And Lemont STILL hasn’t came up with a nickname!!!! The Kids even wanted the Engines & the big brass said oh no. That sounds too much like the Injuns. Ofc all the tearing down of statues,replacing the guys on rice,cream of wheat & the lady on pancake syrup has obviously helped peace & harmony with no violence or crime all over our country 😒🤪

I said the same thing about them & others that got rid of their nicknames & they piled on me. The Pros outside of the Washington Redskins which btw was met with many Native Americans disagreeing with that decision have kept their names. I agree with Pekin Chinks going bye bye but others? No. And Lemont STILL hasn’t came up with a nickname!!!! The Kids even wanted the Engines & the big brass said oh no. That sounds too much like the Injuns. Ofc all the tearing down of statues,replacing the guys on rice,cream of wheat & the lady on pancake syrup has obviously helped peace & harmony with no violence or crime all over our country 😒🤪
My suggestion was to call them the Red Skins and change the mascot to a potato

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT