TRAC
Monmouth-Roseville 22, Kewanee 16
Villa Grove 33, Bureau Valley 12
EP 54, Mendota 34
St. Bede 28, Sherrard 14
Princeton 41, Rockridge 22
Orion 42, Hall 12
Newman 28, Morrison 6
My predictions: 5-2 (I missed on EP and Bureau Valley)

This week:
WB6
Moline at Benet: Benet has been a tough team for Moline and that will certainly continue. Moline looked talented but sloppy in a closer-than-necessary win over St. Laurence, but Benet lost a home game against a team from outside Indianapolis that has had losing records for multiple seasons. A window of opportunity, perhaps, for the Maroons?
Alton at Quincy: Quincy got over the hump with a solid win over crosstown rivals QND, while Alton lost by 19 to much-smaller (admittedly talented) Cahokia last week. With a bit of a drive for the Redbirds, Quincy looks to have the upper hand.
UTHS at Loyola: UT didn't get the win against LaSalle-Peru last week, and now faces the ultimate test: a long drive and arguably the best team in Illinois regardless of class.
Dunlap at Rock Island: The Rocks got embarassed in the second half against Pekin last week, and this game now looks like a must-win if Rocky hopes to make the postseason. Lose this, and you have to go 5-2 in conference, and with games against Sterling and Moline (plus solid-looking Quincy, Geneseo, and maybe even UT), that is not much room for error.
Thornton at Galesburg: At least it gets easier for the Streaks, who face a home game against a team with a long drive and not much record in the past to lean on.
Sterling at St. Francis: The Warriors looked very nice last week, putting up a big margin against hapless Lakes. They're gonna need that kind of performance again, with a nice trip on 88 to visit a Wheaton St. Francis team that was ranked no. 4 in preseason and beat 6A No. 8 Lake Forest.
Geneseo at Grayslake Central: Frankly, the Leafs just did what they were supposed to do last week. But hapless teams must be beated. Can they now take that momentum on the road to beat a team who also destroyed a CPS group last week?
Quincy Notre Dame at Alleman: Good for the Pioneers to finally get a win and get some confidence under their belt. They will now be hopeful, given that they have good tape for QND and host them.
My predictions: Moline over Benet, Quincy over Alton, Loyola over UTHS, Dunlap over Rock Island, Galesburg over Thornton, St. Francis over Sterling, Grayslake Central over Geneseo, QND over Alleman

TRAC
Morrison at Kewanee: Both teams are coming off losses, and I don't know how good I think Kewanee will be after graduating a lot of talent. But Kewanee still is a much bigger group.
Sherrard at Bureau Valley: Both teams lost last week; BV will likely feel let down after a three-score loss to a very small school, while Sherrard will feel some momentum after a positive performance. Feels like a tossup.
Mendota: This was scheduled to be their games against Riverdale. I don't see that they have added anything else on. Considering they only have four home games counting this one, I assume they'd want to add something, but as they lost to start the season, they may just want to take the free win and regroup.
Erie-Prophetstown at St. Bede: The Panthers look like they've picked up right where they left off last year with a nice win over Mendota, while the Bears seem to have found a gem in their quarterback. Intriguing game.
Orion at Princeton: Game of the week in the TRAC. Orion ran all over Hall, while Princeton took a long-ish road trip and seemed to have done just fine at Rockridge. Love this game.
Monmouth-Roseville at Hall: Lots of miles here for the Titans, who got a nice win but might've wanted more against Kewanee. No such luck for the Red Devils, who at least start at home.
Rockridge at Newman: Another great game between two historically good programs. Rockridge could well start 0-2 despite not looking bad.
My predictions: Kewanee over Morrison, Sherrard over Bureau Valley, EP over St. Bede, Princeton over Orion, Monmouth-Roseville over Hall, Newman over Rockridge.

Good luck everybody.

i feel bad for united township this week. this will be ugly. i do appreciate them stepping up and accepting a challenge though.

Reactions: SGW08
WB6
Moline over Benet. Could be a physical game.
Quincy over Alton. Quincy gets to 2-0 going into conference.
Loyola over UTHS. Hope UT can stay healthy and work on execution.
Dunlap over Rock Island. Rocky needs to find the defense.
Galesburg over Thornton. The Streaks grind out the win.
Quincy Notre Dame over Alleman: QND overwhelms Alleman in the 2nd half.
Geneseo over Grayslake Central: The Leaf's start showing flashes of their old selves.
St. Francis over Sterling: This one could be a slobberknocker.

TRAC
Kewanee over Morrison. Morrison is tough, but Kewanee is better.
Bureau Valley over Sherrard. BV gets a close win and some momentum.
Erie-Prophetstown over St. Bede. Lots of scoring, but EP has too many weapons.
Princeton over Orion. Last punch that lands could win this one.
Monmouth-Roseville over Hall. Hall is in full rebuild mode. Titans pull away after halftime.
Newman over Rockridge. Rockridge falling to 0-2 doesn't mean they are bad, that is just life in the TRAC.

Reactions: RockSoup
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT