ADVERTISEMENT

WB6 - Thursday edition

Swansa01

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2017
WB6 ended up with two "games" tonight. I use the term "games" loosely....

Quincy 45 - Galesburg 0: Braydn Little now has over 100 career TD passes as he goes 18-21 for 378 and 4 TD's as the Blue Devils hammer the Silver Streaks. Galesburg had only 24 yards at the half and only threatened to score once when a Galesburg defender picked up an errant back wards pass and had to be tracked down by Little to save a TD. Other than that, pure dominance as Quincy goes to 6-0. Galesburg falls to 1-5.

And if you thought that was bad...

Moline 56 - Thornton 3: In game that never should have been scheduled, Moline raced out to a 42-0 halftime lead, holding Thornton to -14 yards until the Moline freshmen and sophomores got to get in. Moline even let one of their senior Olinemen get a 1st half TD. Big guys need love too. This was nothing more than a light tune up game for United Township next week. Moline goes to 4-2 now.

The rest of the conference plays tomorrow night.

Last edited:
WB6 ended up with two "games" tonight. I use the term "games" loosely....

Quincy 45 - Galesburg 0: Braydn Little now has over 100 career TD passes as he goes 18-21 for 378 and 4 TD's as the Blue Devils hammer the Silver Streaks. Galesburg had only 24 yards at the half and only threatened to score once when a Galesburg defender picked up an errant back wards pass and had to be tracked down by Little to save a TD. Other than that, pure dominance as Quincy goes to 6-0. Galesburg falls to 1-5.

And if you thought that was bad...

Moline 56 - Thornton 3: In game that never should have been scheduled, Moline raced out to a 42-0 halftime lead, holding Thornton to -14 yards until the Moline freshmen and sophomores got to get in. Moline even let one of their senior Olinemen get a 1st half TD. Big guys need love too. This was nothing more than a light tune up game for United Township next week. Moline goes to 4-2 now.

The rest of the conference plays tomorrow night.
Any specific reason why they moved the games to last night? Also I have a feeling this will not be a good playoff year for the WB6 from several of those in the know....time will tell

Reactions: Swansa01
Any specific reason why they moved the games to last night? Also I have a feeling this will not be a good playoff year for the WB6 from several of those in the know....time will tell
I heard officials was the reason for the Thursday games. And agreed on the playoff outlook. Quincy could make a run. Other than that, it’ll alll be about matchups for anyone else that gets in.

Reactions: Swansa01
Yeah, I don't think it's great playoff wise either. Quincy might make the quarters again and then run into a buzzsaw that can defend the pass. Moline might win a game depending on its draw. Sterling is super young and 2 of its final 3 games are very tough. UT will just be happy to get there. Geneseo has been stuck in the mud and needs to get it together if it wants to hit 5 wins.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT