ADVERTISEMENT

Warren High School/LZ/PR ?

Relist8

Aug 20, 2016
LakeCtyNewt, I am curious to hear your thoughts regarding the upcoming success of the 3 teams that were considered the "Cream of the Crop" back as 8th graders a few years back? In the TCYFL years, Lake Zurich finished with one loss and Warren defeated the Prairie Ridge Jr. Wolves in the Championship game to claim the Title. Each will be in a different High School class this year......which team will fulfill their Destiny? We hear A LOT about the talent at Warren but nothing about LZ or PR. Thoughts? Does earlier success determine future accomplishments?

Reactions: CG Fan
TCYFL results directly correlate with IHSA championships.

I think they do in terms of Cary and PR at least they have the last few years.

Lots of questions surrounding all three. Warren has a great defense but has pieces to replace from last year. Same thing with offense. Week 1 vs Barrington will answer some of those questions.

PR I think has a chance at a bounce back year. Was hard to replace Evans but another Evans looks ready to step in. Figure them to be competitive in the fVC.

Lz is intriguing. New head coach, lots of talent both sides of the ball. Question is how to use Jack Moses. Kid is a super talent so I could see him lining up multiple positions. Defensively Sanborn and Mangano return but not sure what else. They’re always good defensively but who knows with the new coach. First two games vs Fremd and Marist will say a lot.

Sorry I can’t be much more in depth.

Reactions: Gene K. and Relist8
I think they do in terms of Cary and PR at least they have the last few years.

Lots of questions surrounding all three. Warren has a great defense but has pieces to replace from last year. Same thing with offense. Week 1 vs Barrington will answer some of those questions.

PR I think has a chance at a bounce back year. Was hard to replace Evans but another Evans looks ready to step in. Figure them to be competitive in the fVC.

Lz is intriguing. New head coach, lots of talent both sides of the ball. Question is how to use Jack Moses. Kid is a super talent so I could see him lining up multiple positions. Defensively Sanborn and Mangano return but not sure what else. They’re always good defensively but who knows with the new coach. First two games vs Fremd and Marist will say a lot.

Sorry I can’t be much more in depth.
LZ...great Group...Warren is maybe a bit better because of stability. BOTH have GREAT HC's....and both have the talent to win at 7A and 8 . .PR doesnt have the make up to run with either, but always surprises (and that isnt an insult)

So good to see the TCYFL references.

Reactions: Relist8
TCYFL results directly correlate with IHSA championships.
In Terms of Cary grove yes, 2012 , 2014 state championship teams were very dominant in the TcFYL. Won several championships. The 2015 semifinal team was also very successful in TCFYL. Last years state 2018 team was also very successful.

Reactions: Relist8
Warren will be solid. A couple key transfers to add to the already deep team. Plus young talent coming. Watchout for Derek McLaughlin 6'1 210 lb that just received a FCS Offer. Yes, youth football correlates to HS success. Look at the best TCYFL players that dominated the last couple years ... riley lees, micah jones, sam evans, sanborn, sorenson ... on and on !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT