ADVERTISEMENT

Update: TE/DE Mack O'Halloran is on the mend

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Downers Grove (Ill.) South junior tight end/defensive end prospect Mack O'Halloran (6-foot-3, 230 pounds) saw his 2021 fall football season cut short due to injury last fall. O'Halloran fortunately is now on the mend and getting closer and closer and is hitting his rehab hard this winter. O'Halloran checks in and recaps his latest recruiting news and more in this EDGY Nation exclusive recruiting update.

"I'm doing physical therapy these days and we are back in school this week and started the spring semester," O'Halloran said. "I was injured pretty early in the season back in the fall but I was able to get some reps and some junior season tape put together for the coaches to see. I'm getting better every day and making good progress."

O'Halloran has also been drawing some recruiting attention this off-season.

"We saw some college coaches in school back in December. We saw the coaches from Purdue, Wyoming and also Eastern Michigan. I've also been in contact with the coaches from Navy, North Dakota State and Dartmouth along with Kent State and Illinois State. I was invited to go to a Junior Day event at Illinois State in two weeks and I'm also hoping to get out to see more schools in person this spring."

So what type of feedback has O'Halloran drawn this winter for the various college coaches?

"The coaches basically have said they like what they saw from me on the tape that they had from the fall season. They also want to see me in person again this spring in school along with the various college camps this summer."

Look for O'Halloran to continue to focus on his workouts and his physical therapy rehab this winter and spring.

"I'm going to just keep following my workout plans and I'm focused on PT and working on just getting as much work in as I can. I'm getting a lot of work in on my lower body and just getting stronger and getting more range of motion back."

O'Halloran is also excited about his 2022 senior season.

"Our offense really isn't losing a ton to graduation and we bring back a lot of starters from last season. Our defense will have some holes to fill so I'm working hard with the defense and making sure everyone is getting work in."

My Take on Mack O'Halloran Recruiting: O'Halloran (no relation to me FYI) had a very good spring season and summer camp season last summer and looked primed to develop into a FBS/FCS talent. O'Halloran suffered an early fall season injury that knocked him out for the remainder of the season and his recruiting will be put on the back burner for now to some extent until he can get back and perform for the various college coaches. I still look for O'Halloran to be ready for the various spring/summer camp circuit and he has a real chance to end up as a FBS/FCS name. O'Halloran has impressive physical tools and eyeball passing size and will draw recruiting attention at both TE and DE.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News