ADVERTISEMENT

Update: Marengo QB Holst checks in

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Marengo (Ill.) junior quarterback prospect Josh Holst (6-foot-3, 170 pounds) is a talented signal caller and a name to watch in the growing Class of 2023 quarterback recruit list. Holst checks in and breaks down his season os far along with his latest recruiting news in this recruiting update.

"We had a pretty good game last Friday against Johnsburg," Holst said. "I completed 24 of 34 passes for 343 yards and 5 touchdowns. We had a rough first game against Wilmington but we've been getting back to work since that game and playing much better football."

Holst also filled us in on his latest recruiting news this early fall.

"I've been in contact with the coaches from North Dakota State, South Dakota State along with NIU and also Western Kentucky. I've talked with the quarterback coaches from both North Dakota State and South Dakota State and they all want to see more game video this fall."

Holst also discussed how his game has improved this season compared to the spring season.

"My overall confidence is so much higher now compared to the spring season. I'm just making better reads and I'm more able to make adjustments on the fly. I just feel that I have more experience now and I'm also limiting the mistakes I was making before this season."

Holst is also excited to be back in school on a full time basis this fall.

"It just feels a lot better to be back in school 5 days a week now. Even my grades are better now in school and I'm hoping we are done with remote schooling."

My Take on Josh Holst Recruiting
: Holst was impressive this past summer at a handful of college satellite camps. Holst has good size and has a frame that will continue to allow him to add more needed weight and strength. Holst showed to have a good, strong and pretty accurate arm this summer and I'm excited to see how he develops physically over the next year plus. Look for Holst to continue to be added to more and more higher level school recruiting radar screens this fall and winter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News