ADVERTISEMENT

Top Teams for '16

DeanOfSelection

Gold Member
Sep 25, 2002
Any ideas? I know JC and MC will be very good. MC has D1 commits in Lewis (Missouri), Houston (Indiana), Pettigrew (Iowa), Seymour (Wake Forest). Thomas is 2nd rated player nationally in his class in the OF. Hupe is back on the mound and Spear just committed to St. Joe's. JC has Fellows (Vandy).

Saint Francis should be pretty good again this year. At least two DI players going to McNeese St and 'Nova. They will be 4A and play in the CCLB. Will be interesting how they compete up a class in the playoffs and conference.

Interesting factoid: PC has been under 500 last 2 years in Blue and won 4A.

That is amazing. MC has to be the favorite. Don't know much about PC, but I just assume they will be elite this year. My Mustangs don't have as much talent as they had last year, but also won't be saddled with the pressure of that ridiculous and unjustifiable national ranking. Since I played for Prunty, I'm partial to him. But Zunica runs an amazing program, and I think SR will compete with MC for the Crown. I think Rice is supposed to have their best team in the last 5-7 years.

I heard PC supposed to be very good as well as Rice but don't really know personnel. Here is my inner old curmudgeon but playoffs WAY easier now. 4 classes as opposed to 2 When Prunty, Manville at SR MC u had MC SR StL In same REGIONAL and it took 3 wins ona R S M to win it, Then you were put in the Sectional with Andrew and Thornwood who were like the Yankess then. THEN u would be in final 8.

Out west I would have to say St. Charles North will be very good this year. They have kids going to Memphis, Purdue, Oregon and South Carolina.

MC is 32nd in the nation according to Max Preps. The lineup/defense is outstanding, but outside of Hupe, not sure of the pitchers...and pitching wins Championships.....PC will be very good...Rich Warfield, the starting RB on the football team is a great player....SR will be outstanding again, Cam Greenfield (last name may be wrong) is the #1 rated catcher in the nation in the class of 2017 and Luke Bechina is a solid lefty pitcher. BR will be tough...look out for Marian Catholic, especially in a couple years...they got a couple of the JRW players, including Pierce Jones...despite the cheating scandal, those kids could play! One last team to look out for, Marist...their new coach has them rolling.

Last edited:
MC's #2 Spear signed w St Joes which is a good D2 school -other then that not sure what is on the bump.

CCL will be loaded this year. MC,PC, BR and SR are all top 10 type teams.

Wheaton SF picking a bad year to enter Blue

The Blue is going to be a bloodbath. I have no idea how SFHS will do but they do have a strong team and a strong program. We will see, I expect it will be a struggle though. It certainly will prepare them for playing in 4A in playoffs.

I am not sure how it went down but I like they accepted the challenge.

Laurence is ranked 14th today on PBR. MC SR PC for sure are top 5 and I think Rice will be soon so that's 5 in top 14 WSF would play.

Baseball u might as well play a schedule like that. Everyone in the playoffs they really don't seed it well.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT