ADVERTISEMENT

Top IHSA teams over the last decade?

LA in 2015 beat Palatine by only 24-22 and Homewood -Flossmoor by one TD. Numerous teams were better than LA 2015.
A very good Palatine team in the snow and a HF team that everyone crowned State Champs in the pre-season. They were a great team, numerous is not the right word. Maybe GBW would have given them a game that year.

I thought about mentioning 2015 Montini and while me and Montini are on much better terms I’m not quite there yet.

2012 Crete
2014 SHG
2015 Montini
2014 Nazareth
2016 or 2017 PR
2015 Loyola
2015 GBW

2012 Crete team was bananas, doubling Treadwell just meant Lenoir was going to be open. Nyles Morgan was a beast on D.

2014 SHG Gabe Green was a cheat code. That is all. I googled it, he completed 75% of his passes.

2015 Montini beat some heavy hitters week 1, 2, 3 and were not bothered for the rest of the year. Think the PR game would've been a run away for the Broncos if not for the snow. (Last team to beat Sampson Evans).

2014 Nazareth with IKM, and Julian Love? Forget about it. That OLine, I'm positive would protect better than the Bears.

2016 or 2017 Prairie Ridge, they won 28 games in a row. Evans maybe one of the best players in IHSA history running behind Jenkins? Joke for opposing defenses.

2015 Loyola was the best team in the best class. 41-0 in a state title game? In. A. State. Title. Game.

2015 Glenbard West had Brodner just playing old school, punch in the mouth football. West got a ring that year for being nationally ranked I believe I saw on the twitters.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K. and Relist8
2012 Crete
2014 SHG
2015 Montini
2014 Nazareth
2016 or 2017 PR
2015 Loyola
2015 GBW

2012 Crete team was bananas, doubling Treadwell just meant Lenoir was going to be open. Nyles Morgan was a beast on D.

2014 SHG Gabe Green was a cheat code. That is all. I googled it, he completed 75% of his passes.

2015 Montini beat some heavy hitters week 1, 2, 3 and were not bothered for the rest of the year. Think the PR game would've been a run away for the Broncos if not for the snow. (Last team to beat Sampson Evans).

2014 Nazareth with IKM, and Julian Love? Forget about it. That OLine, I'm positive would protect better than the Bears.

2016 or 2017 Prairie Ridge, they won 28 games in a row. Evans maybe one of the best players in IHSA history running behind Jenkins? Joke for opposing defenses.

2015 Loyola was the best team in the best class. 41-0 in a state title game? In. A. State. Title. Game.

2015 Glenbard West had Brodner just playing old school, punch in the mouth football. West got a ring that year for being nationally ranked I believe I saw on the twitters.
The Naz featured back in 2014 was Nolan Dean

2014 SHG, 14-0 with 13 running clock wins.
2017 Rochester, 14-0, great senior class, held off a very good Morris team in the finals.

2014 SHG got a game from the Broncos, I remember watching that game and Montini had 2 scores called back on stupid penalties. Undisciplined football + Gabe Green is a recipe for disaster. That Montini team was more of a Toyota Carolla, 2015 was the Bentley. Justin Blake was an animal. Youtube his highlights vs. St. Francis that year, what a run.

Reactions: Gene K.
2015 - Montini Catholic. Beat Maine South, ESL, and St. Rita. In week 1, 2, 3... Prairie Ridge in the Semi's. 6a State Title. 9 consecutive games allowing a touchdown or less.

For the year the defense scored more points than the total points scored by the opposing offenses. Two all state linebackers.

This with one of the top LBs not playing until game 3 of the season.

Last team to beat Samson Evans. If it were not for the snow Montini would have used more than 20% of their playbook and would have won big over PR.

Last edited:
No one thinks that either of the LWE champions should be in the mix?

sounds like you have to be a CCL team to be considered

Cmon, did you not read the thread? I counted 17 different teams mentioned in this thread.
Eleven of them were public:
Crete-Monee
Prairie Ridge
ESL
LWE
GBW
WWS
Brook
Maine South
Rochester
Cary-Grove
HF

Cmon, did you not read the thread? I counted 17 different teams mentioned in this thread.
Eleven of them were public:
Crete-Monee
Prairie Ridge
ESL
LWE
GBW
WWS
Brook
Maine South
Rochester
Cary-Grove
HF
Womp womp

2015 - Montini Catholic. Beat Maine South, ESL, and St. Rita. In week 1, 2, 3... Prairie Ridge in the Semi's. 6a State Title. 9 consecutive games allowing a touchdown or less.

For the year the defense scored more points than the total points scored by the opposing offenses. Two all state linebackers.

Last team to beat Samson Evans. If it were not for the snow Montini would have used more than 20% of their playbook and would have won big over PR.
Got it...what were the School's records when PR was matched up the following year? I think the Montini parent's were valeting the PR parent's cars due to the absolute annihilation that took place on the field. PR brought in their Freshman QB to finish out the game....always remember the last one!

Got it...what were the School's records when PR was matched up the following year?!

Relist8,

The next years team at Montini was not near as good. I think that was the year Montini's top player got a one game suspension for nothing in the St Ignatius game and had to sit out the game.

Reactions: Gene K.

This guy gets it ^^^^

As far as the Montini team that lost to PR the following year. Injuries and a phantom "punch" did them in. West was suspended that game and Prince Walker wasn't healthy all year. Not saying that would have done the trick against a Historical PR team, but never the less, it mattered in the final outcome. Montini parents had been getting their cars valeted for years. It was time for them to do some of the work! Unfortunately the streak ran out that year. However, what a streak it was!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT