ADVERTISEMENT

Top candidates for Fall Season Player of the Year?

Jordan Anderson RB JCA....had over 1,000 yards in the Spring. Should be the #1 weapon on one of JCA's best offenses in years.

Out my way, I like Cameron Grays for the 21 season - shut down corner and likely to play a lot of RB

For the 22 season, Deakon Tonielli will be in the picture, 6'6" receiver with good hands and speed (plays some S in some specialty formations on D) and just picked up his first offer from Tennessee - Also played Varsity basketball as a freshman.

Kaleb Brown will run away with this. Tyler Morris would have been the only real competition for him. Early favorite for Fall of '22 is TJ McMillen.
I'm not so sure. How hard was SR playing this spring? Brown's yards per touch were excellent but his carries were very low. VS LA 5 carries this year 16 last year? Montini 27 carries in 19 this year 7, PC 24 carries in 19 only 8 this year, Benet 30 carries in 19 and only 12 carries this year? What's up with that?

Reactions: Gene K.
I'm not so sure. How hard was SR playing this spring? Brown's yards per touch were excellent but his carries were very low. VS LA 5 carries this year 16 last year? Montini 27 carries in 19 this year 7, PC 24 carries in 19 only 8 this year, Benet 30 carries in 19 and only 12 carries this year? What's up with that?
I think they had him at receiver quite a bit.

Small school [though this means 7a and below for MC fans] consideration:

Seth Glatz of Morton (IL) HS

Agreed! Not so sure that KB is going to be the feature back. Obviously, we'll see what happens, but there just be some very good talent to replace Kyle James . . . as the feature back.

Agreed! Not so sure that KB is going to be the feature back. Obviously, we'll see what happens, but there just be some very good talent to replace Kyle James . . . as the feature back.
CFD: There was concerted effort to get the non-committed seniors as many touches as possible for film this year in a shortened 6 game spring season. If you watch the Benet game if its still online, once St. Rita went up 28-0 they featured those players. The Benet announcers couldn't figure out St. Rita's play calling. Had I hadn't known what was going on I would have been confused.

Witty: And I think your right about a replacement for Kyle James. There is a quality running back already there to replace him. For now those days of Wade Weyer or Jahwon Akui carring the ball on every running play are gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue Ruin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT