ADVERTISEMENT

top 10 things that make MC63 crabby

feeto

Aug 23, 2007
10. The morning paper arriving after 4:30am
9. Has a hole in the crotch of his "Slacks" or "Trousers"
8. Can't remember his phone number without a word prefix (Hilltop5)
7. Neighborhood kids having any kind of fun in his earshot
6. The metal lever on his ice tray broke
5. Having trouble finding Glenn Miller 8 tracks
4. Can never find a pay phone when he needs one
3. Has a kitchen drawer full of S&H Green Stamps, but nowhere to cash them in
2. Long haired hippie punks
1. Just misses the "Good ole days"

Feel free to add on

Last edited:
10. Those damn evangelical Christians
9. Fox News
8. Restaurants that don't serve fish on Fridays
7. Craft beer
6. Foreign cars
5. Vatican 2
4. Those hooligans from Reeters
3. Yoga pants
2. Cinco de Mayo
1. Whistling sound when battery runs low on his hearing aid

Porters 77 and Dr Mirakle who may be one and the same but regardless both could get 63 going very quickly.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
Porters 77 and Dr Mirakle who may be one and the same but regardless both could get 63 going very quickly.

Where is the good Doctor? Those were some awesome threads to read - I never dared post in them though - the fireworks were too intense!

Reactions: RockSoup
You guys are way too hard on MC63 and don't pile on. He's old school but so am I and a lot of what he believes in I believe in. He's a veteran and I for one really respect that. There are some things I don't agree with him on but there are a lot of things I don't agree on with other posters as well.

I even get cranky at some of the youngsters in my neighborhood and occasionally did at my grand kids when they were preteens. Guess i forgot what it was like to be footloose and fancy free. What I would give to have some of those years back. A lot of you guys are way younger than MC63 and I, so enjoy the ride, keep your sense of humor and forgive and forget. I've also been known to throw my newspaper or other things when the Bears lose.

You guys are way too hard on MC63 and don't pile on. He's old school but so am I and a lot of what he believes in I believe in. He's a veteran and I for one really respect that. There are some things I don't agree with him on but there are a lot of things I don't agree on with other posters as well.

I even get cranky at some of the youngsters in my neighborhood and occasionally did at my grand kids when they were preteens. Guess i forgot what it was like to be footloose and fancy free. What I would give to have some of those years back. A lot of you guys are way younger than MC63 and I, so enjoy the ride, keep your sense of humor and forgive and forget. I've also been known to throw my newspaper or other things when the Bears lose.
I could not agree more. I am confident that the majority of us on Edgy's site would most likely get along if we met in person while tipping back a few. I for one am guilty of ganging up on certain posters on this site, so take this with a grain of salt. But I guarantee that MC63 is a good man and I enjoy his contributions.

I could not agree more. I am confident that the majority of us on Edgy's site would most likely get along if we met in person while tipping back a few. I for one am guilty of ganging up on certain posters on this site, so take this with a grain of salt. But I guarantee that MC63 is a good man and I enjoy his contributions.

I also enjoy MC63's contributions on this board. The list of things that make him crabby is not mean spirited in any way (at least not from me). You have to admit, there are some funny things on here!

6. The metal lever on his ice try broke

feeto:

Do you mean pile on? This is totally unnecessary.

Instead of vomiting up the stale and unoriginal rhetoric about how I rarely agree with MC63 on most things, I will skip the piffle and say I virtually never agree with MC outside of football, but it won't keep me from mounting a defense of him against your ad hominems.

Never heard him mention any frustration with the arrival of the paper, but I'd bet he is up and ready to go to work, unlike you, whose best effort at labor is opening a disability check for your "soft-tissue" injury.

I refer to them as trousers. What's the issue? Do you wear cargo pants? Wait......hip huggers?

There are not too many years separating MC and myself; 847 is relatively easy to recall. I'm in the same area code. Three digits isn't too difficult.

Depends on how fun is defined. If it's kids frolicking in the summer sunshine, at the pool or enjoying a bike ride, I hardly believe this would trouble MC. On the other hand, the kind of "fun" I see you having is giving random lawn jobs with your monster pick-up, ringing doorbells into the dark of night, and throwing paint or eggs on neighbors' homes.

6. The metal lever on his ice try broke

I can't verify if MC has an ice tray which requires a lever you describe, but I do know, unlike you, MC can spell "tray" correctly.

I'm fairly confident MC made the shift from 8-track to tape decks, CDs and now iPods just as everyone else did. Even if he hasn't, the man has impeccable taste in music if Miller is his choice. I enjoy Miller, Vivaldi, Bach, Beethoven and numerous other great, classic composers and big bands. We'll stick to classic composers and big band leaders, and you can remain devoted to meaninglessness of hard rock, gangster rap, country and acid music. You know, feeto, the cacophony which blares lyrics discussing a dog running away, a cheating wife, gang raping women, and aiming 9mm pistols at police officers.

He has a cell, and he pays his bill on time.

Green Stamps, coupons........what is the difference?

Actually, I think MC likes these fellows.

Your post wasn't strong to begin, and it began to grow even weaker at six. The last tells you ran out of ideas.[/QUOTE]

While I applaud those coming to MC63’s defense, I think we need to relax a little bit.

MC63 is a good man. The site would not be the same without him. He knows his football and IHSA football landscape.

Reactions: feeto
feeto:

Do you mean pile on? This is totally unnecessary.

Instead of vomiting up the stale and unoriginal rhetoric about how I rarely agree with MC63 on most things, I will skip the piffle and say I virtually never agree with MC outside of football, but it won't keep me from mounting a defense of him against your ad hominems.

Never heard him mention any frustration with the arrival of the paper, but I'd bet he is up and ready to go to work, unlike you, whose best effort at labor is opening a disability check for your "soft-tissue" injury.

I refer to them as trousers. What's the issue? Do you wear cargo pants? Wait......hip huggers?

There are not too many years separating MC and myself; 847 is relatively easy to recall. I'm in the same area code. Three digits isn't too difficult.

Depends on how fun is defined. If it's kids frolicking in the summer sunshine, at the pool or enjoying a bike ride, I hardly believe this would trouble MC. On the other hand, the kind of "fun" I see you having is giving random lawn jobs with your monster pick-up, ringing doorbells into the dark of night, and throwing paint or eggs on neighbors' homes.

I can't verify if MC has an ice tray which requires a lever you describe, but I do know, unlike you, MC can spell "tray" correctly.

I'm fairly confident MC made the shift from 8-track to tape decks, CDs and now iPods just as everyone else did. Even if he hasn't, the man has impeccable taste in music if Miller is his choice. I enjoy Miller, Vivaldi, Bach, Beethoven and numerous other great, classic composers and big bands. We'll stick to classic composers and big band leaders, and you can remain devoted to meaninglessness of hard rock, gangster rap, country and acid music. You know, feeto, the cacophony which blares lyrics discussing a dog running away, a cheating wife, gang raping women, and aiming 9mm pistols at police officers.

He has a cell, and he pays his bill on time.

Green Stamps, coupons........what is the difference?

Actually, I think MC likes these fellows.

Your post wasn't strong to begin, and it began to grow even weaker at six. The last tells you ran out of ideas.
[/QUOTE]

Ouch.....

Agree with MWittman and Cory90. Tongue in cheek remarks which I clearly didn't get from feeto who if i remember correctly is an MC guy. MC63 is a good sport.

Reactions: Bowie50
Thank you, boys, for the many kind words. No, I didn't take offense. I enjoy the give and take as much as anyone.

A couple points ...yes, MWittman and I have great respect for each other, but agree on practically nothing other than football and a great deal of respect for each other and our schools. We both love the CCL Thanks to Dean, I met MWitt and had several interesting conversations. I've also enjoyed meeting Bones and Divetwin -- finding them to be very interesting fellows.

Also, I don't believe that Porters and Mirakle are the same person. It appeared to me that Mirakle was a bit more sophisticated. I don't recall him going off on rants like Porters. Both did maintain files of old posts, which they'd use to attack those they opposed (me, usually). They shared political philosophies, however, which were in direct contrast to mine. Their demise might have been posting their politics way too much. I did, as well, to an extent, but I believe that Tim has every right to establish and enforce rules which I respected.

Further, truth be told, I have more than 600 video cassettes full of useless junk that I doubt I'll ever watch.

Thank you, boys, for the many kind words. No, I didn't take offense. I enjoy the give and take as much as anyone.

A couple points ...yes, MWittman and I have great respect for each other, but agree on practically nothing other than football and a great deal of respect for each other and our schools. We both love the CCL Thanks to Dean, I met MWitt and had several interesting conversations. I've also enjoyed meeting Bones and Divetwin -- finding them to be very interesting fellows.

Also, I don't believe that Porters and Mirakle are the same person. It appeared to me that Mirakle was a bit more sophisticated. I don't recall him going off on rants like Porters. Both did maintain files of old posts, which they'd use to attack those they opposed (me, usually). They shared political philosophies, however, which were in direct contrast to mine. Their demise might have been posting their politics way too much. I did, as well, to an extent, but I believe that Tim has every right to establish and enforce rules which I respected.

Further, truth be told, I have more than 600 video cassettes full of useless junk that I doubt I'll ever watch.

MC63
I have boxes of Vinyl in my basement that I just can’t part with. Someday I might actually get a record player so I can listen to them old school.
Tough getting old!

MC63
I have boxes of Vinyl in my basement that I just can’t part with. Someday I might actually get a record player so I can listen to them old school.
Tough getting old!

Corey: I don't know where you live, but the Cook Library in Libertyville has a studio where you can transfer audio from vinyl. It's rather time consuming, however. I have a former neighbor who was able to do it in his home, but I have no idea how.

Honey? Did you pay my AOL bill?
My Mom still only has an AOL account, the same one my father created with their initials ... and the WRONG anniversary date. He was only one day off ... but he remembered it was a Valentines wedding in 1954.
I still have my AOL. I use it for purchases and all the junk mail goes there. I think I have 30000 unread messages. Seriously!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT