ADVERTISEMENT

The Weekend?

THIS WEEKEND ...

I’m driving the the northwest suburbs, winding through a neighborhood and pulling into the backend of a cul de sac abutting an 8A high school, where I’ll see my friend, his wife and maybe the 22-year-old son who I’ve watched grow since he was three, to buy a month’s supply of weed.

That transaction is not actually legal, but possessing the product is.
There needs to be a Netflix series about your life.

Beware of the Edgy blog secret police. They might not like it.
If you see someone with binoculars observing the cul de sac as you arrive, don't do it. I repeat, don't do it.
LOL!! You forgot, they might have a walkie talkie while wearing camouflage covering so as to be less conspicuous as possible.

Reactions: Gene K.
Another great weekend here and hello. Spent a lot of time outdoors and there were a ton of people out in these parts yesterday. Hope everyone else here had a great weekend too.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
Another great weekend here and hello. Spent a lot of time outdoors and there were a ton of people out in these parts yesterday. Hope everyone else here had a great weekend too.

LTHS
I had a good weekend as well. Planted a garden for my wife. She wants fresh Tomato's and some nice Peppers. Mowed the lawn and weed & feed. Stayed home and safe. Took a bike ride on the trail and stayed away from people. We wave as we pass bye. All good and responsible unlike a few Chicagoans. V
Good to hear you doing well and still being responsible.

LTHS
I had a good weekend as well. Planted a garden for my wife. She wants fresh Tomato's and some nice Peppers. Mowed the lawn and weed & feed. Stayed home and safe. Took a bike ride on the trail and stayed away from people. We wave as we pass bye. All good and responsible unlike a few Chicagoans. V

Corey - forget the "weed and feed." Get Milorganite -- it's made from dried Milwaukee sewage. It's incredible. I haven't fertilized a yard in 25 years, but when I did, I used this stuff and the results were absolutely incredible (after a some time had passed).

You don't have to water before or after applying it; and, there's no problem if you run over a part of your lawn a second time (with spreader wheels, for example). I had no burn lines with this.

If it rains afterward, no problem - unlike the weed & feed brands I recall.

Note, my grass got so thick I hardly ever had a dandelion or other weed. Really.

The one drawback is that you go through many bags -- it's applied at the highest notch on your spreader. The price is still reasonable, however.

After a few years, I only did the yard twice a summer, unlike the four times with the other product's "yard plan.".

No, I don't own stock in this product or any Milwaukee waste

I know you boys like to give me a hard time, but this stuff's the real deal.

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
LTHS
Corey: I swear, we could have written the same thing. I did exactly what you did. Bike ride too. It was so good to get back on the trail. We do a garden every year as well. Tomatoes, peppers, zucchini, strawberries and whatever else she wants to plant.

Corey - forget the "weed and feed." Get Milorganite -- it's made from dried Milwaukee sewage. It's incredible. I haven't fertilized a yard in 25 years, but when I did, I used this stuff and the results were absolutely incredible (after a some time had passed).

You don't have to water before or after applying it; and, there's no problem if you run over a part of your lawn a second time (with spreader wheels, for example). I had no burn lines with this.

Note, my grass got so thick I hardly ever had a dandelion or other weed. Really.

The one drawback is that you go through many bags -- it's applied at the highest notch on your spreader. The price is still reasonable, however.

After a few years, I only did the yard twice a summer, unlike the four times with the other product's "yard plan.".

Now here is something we agree on 100%. And I will continue your commercial. Milorganite is the best stuff I have ever put on my lawn by far. A doc friend of mine recommended it a few years ago. Everything you say is correct about the product. You can't overuse it and it thickens and greens up the lawn big time with a nice rich dark green. I actually found it at Walmart and bought a few bags. But it goes fast from the store shelves and is probably gone already. I think you can go into Ace Hardware and order it, however.

But I have seen the price of the product vary. It can be pretty expensive in some places if you want to order it online.

I have tried at least three different lawn services over the years. One became too expensive, although it was the best. And the other two had guys who just didn't know what they were doing.

You are hawking a good product.

Now here is something we agree on 100%. And I will continue your commercial. Milorganite is the best stuff I have ever put on my lawn by far. A doc friend of mine recommended it a few years ago. Everything you say is correct about the product. You can't overuse it and it thickens and greens up the lawn big time with a nice rich dark green.
OMG! What? :eek::eek::eek:

I'm sensing a HUGE disturbance in the Force here. Did you guys just agree on something? Isn't this one of the signs of the Final Apocalypse?
:D:D:D:D

OMG! What? :eek::eek::eek:

I'm sensing a HUGE disturbance in the Force here. Did you guys just agree on something? Isn't this one of the signs of the Final Apocalypse?
:D:D:D:D
I knew it would create an earth-shattering response. But keep in mind, it's non-political. I am guessing if certain people liked the product, he wouldn't. And now that I said what I said, he will probably stop using it, :);)

Milwaukee waste is indeed good, but Fond Du Loc waste, with the high-levels of brandy they drink up there, it has a higher PH balance which is good for magnolias and such.

Just an FYI.

Now here is something we agree on 100%. And I will continue your commercial. Milorganite is the best stuff I have ever put on my lawn by far. A doc friend of mine recommended it a few years ago. Everything you say is correct about the product. You can't overuse it and it thickens and greens up the lawn big time with a nice rich dark green. I actually found it at Walmart and bought a few bags. But it goes fast from the store shelves and is probably gone already. I think you can go into Ace Hardware and order it, however.

But I have seen the price of the product vary. It can be pretty expensive in some places if you want to order it online.

I have tried at least three different lawn services over the years. One became too expensive, although it was the best. And the other two had guys who just didn't know what they were doing.

You are hawking a good product.
Interesting. I finally bit the bullet last summer for a lawn service and it was the best it looked in 20 years. 4 applications at $52 each and no more self destruction of my yard laying down Scott’s. I’ll have to consider this.

Menards has a Milo organic fertilizer as well. It is 6-4-0 just like Milo and usually cheaper and Milo went up to 15 bucks in some areas.

Put Milo down may-Sept. Works best in heat for delayed nitrogen release. Also look into getting the N-Ext Bio Stimulant liquid pack to get your soil right and deeper root growth.

Menards has a Milo organic fertilizer as well. It is 6-4-0 just like Milo and usually cheaper and Milo went up to 15 bucks in some areas.

Put Milo down may-Sept. Works best in heat for delayed nitrogen release. Also look into getting the N-Ext Bio Stimulant liquid pack to get your soil right and deeper root growth.
I just returned from our Ace Hardware where I bought 4 bags of Milorganite at 11.98 each. I was surprised they still had it. Thought I might have to order it at the store.

Reactions: sporthog9er

Yeah, Milorganite is really not a "weed killer." It is an organic fertilizer. The thought is, it thickens the lawn up so much the grass crowds out the weeds. And since it is only a fertilizer, it can also be used in gardens.

I also do not like weed and feeds. I usually put down prodiamine 0-0-7 split application in spring then spot weeds in summer. The prodiamine has been a blessing for not seeing crabgrass anymore. Milorganite is seriously the best. Throw r down!!

I thought I would be roasted by my comments on Milorganite ... but it REALLY works.

Sorry, Tim if I broke a rule on commercial endorsements .... but, wit nicer lawns, these guys will have more time to post stuff.

Reactions: forlouann and Bwm57
I also do not like weed and feeds. I usually put down prodiamine 0-0-7 split application in spring then spot weeds in summer. The prodiamine has been a blessing for not seeing crabgrass anymore. Milorganite is seriously the best. Throw r down!!
Crabgrass has been a problem for me too

My problem is my neighbor who has affection for dandelions. There’s a hard line dividing our yards.
Mine too. Good thing is dandelions are easy to kill and control. Crabgrass isn't. If everyone would just take the time to do their yards it would be easy for all of us to have well manicured lawns. Some do, some don't.

Another tough one to kill is Creeping Charlie. That stuff comes from under my neighbor's fence. Aggravates me every time I see it.

Last edited:

MC63 Thanks for the tip.
I will have to check it out. Sounds like a good product. I have always had good luck with the Scotts Weed & Feed but I am always game to try something different.

I thought I would be roasted by my comments on Milorganite ... but it REALLY works.

Sorry, Tim if I broke a rule on commercial endorsements .... but, wit nicer lawns, these guys will have more time to post stuff.

LOL
You guys crack me up.

MC63 Thanks for the tip.
I will have to check it out. Sounds like a good product. I have always had good luck with the Scotts Weed & Feed but I am always game to try something different.
As long as you are having good luck why not stick to it? On the other hand, if something works better....

The only discovery I've made that's better than Milorganite is a cold bottle of Pacifico with a Payday.

Damn another plus! I love Pacifico with a lime! MC we have more in common than most people think! I have traveled all over Mexico and love Pacifico. Cerveza Por Favor! After all it is Cinco De Mayo today Muchacho! LMAO

Damn another plus! I love Pacifico with a lime! MC we have more in common than most people think! I have traveled all over Mexico and love Pacifico. Cerveza Por Favor! After all it is Cinco De Mayo today Muchacho! LMAO

Like I need another reason (I avoid the lime, personally, but whatever you like ...)

The only discovery I've made that's better than Milorganite is a cold bottle of Pacifico with a Payday.
OK, have we entered the Twilight Zone here? LOL. Pacifico is also good stuff and who doesn't like a payday? Pacifico, Sol, Modelo, Dos Equis XX...all real good after a warm day of yard work.

I had Sol yesterday. I usually drink it with a lime. Thought I had limes, but I didn't. Oh well, drank it anyway. Lol.

Modelo Especial is also good. Sol okay but it’s like a Corona knockoff. But in a pinch all will work. Lol
I never knock what another person drinks. To each his own. But personally, I think Corona is overrated and just caught on because it was, for the most part, the first Mexican beer most people tried. I find Corona to be too heavy. In my opinion, the others I mentioned have a lighter, crisper taste. I think Sol is actually lighter. Isn't that funny how two people can have such a difference in opinion about the same product?

If I were to drink a couple Coronas, and I haven't had one in years, I simply couldn't drink any more. I know a few people who actually said after a couple Coronas, it started to affect their breathing. But not like it was dangerous. It just made taking a deeper breath a little harder to do. When you hear that from one person, it's one thing. But when you hear the same thing from a few more people at different times, you are like, hmmm. No long lasting effects. But I wonder what causes that. And these are people who never experienced a problem like that with any other beer. Strange.

I don't know how much the others have cut into the Corona sales, but I think they have as people discovered more options. All those other beers have been out there for a long time, but Corona did a better job advertising their product.

Not much of a beer drinker anymore as the stomach can’t handle the older I get. But I do love me a frosty Spotted Cow now and then.
Honestly, Of all the beers mentioned, Spotted Cow would be highest on my list. Not a big Yuengling Fan or Corona/Sol. I do like Modelo and Dos Equis.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT