ADVERTISEMENT

The underdogs, the dark horses, the long-shot teams...

Hernandez03

Silver Member
Aug 30, 2023
Who do we now think makes a serious run in the playoffs that we couldn't see coming at the end of the year last fall?
nfl-deion.gif

In 4A, Lincoln has not made the playoffs since 1984. If they beat Springfield tonight, they will be 3-0 and facing teams the next two weeks that were both 1-8 last year. If they lose to Springfield, they still have a shot at 5 wins if they can beat U High Week 8.

Also in 4A, U High has struggled since joining the CS8 and hasn't been in the playoffs since 2015. They have a good chance at starting out 4-2 before ending with Chatham, Lincoln, and Jacksonville with Lincoln (at home) being their best chance for a 5th win.

I could see Lockport making a nice playoff run coming off a 5-4 record last year.

Also, although they currently may be only the third or fourth best team in the Fox Valley Conference, I could see Cary-Grove continuing to improve over the course of the season and making a nice run come playoff time.

Reactions: rocketnation
I think St. Charles North can win 7A, which would be a big upset over MC or Batavia.

8A looks wide open to me based on Lockport winning a few years back and absolutely nobody was on that bandwagon.

I think St. Charles North can win 7A, which would be a big upset over MC or Batavia.

8A looks wide open to me based on Lockport winning a few years back and absolutely nobody was on that bandwagon.
Watched the Palatine-SCN film. I don’t see how they could beat MC.

Watched the Palatine-SCN film. I don’t see how they could beat MC.
I haven’t seen MC so take my thought for what it’s worth. I was at that game tho against Palatine and very impressed with SCN. MC definitely the goliath in the room though, no doubt.

Reactions: MS4EVER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT