ADVERTISEMENT

The Stage Spring Showcase: Who Stood Out WR and DB

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
So who stood out? Again I always preface this breakdown with the following.....I admittedly as the host of this camp have multiple responsibilities and at times I get pulled away from having complete focus on evaluating players at times. I talk quite a bit with the various position coaches working the camp and get feedback from them in many cases. Overall numbers ended up in the 200 kid range...a pretty perfect number of kids for a camp.

Also thanks to the College of DuPage who have always welcomed me with open arms....and COD has a very impressive facility and stadium and is an outdoor site that is just a great place to hold a camp.

So Who Stood Out? OL and DL Group

So Who Stood Out? RB/TE/LB

So Who Stood Out? Quarterbacks

(NOTE: This story is not completed and is a work in progress. I will let you know when this is a completed feature)

Wide Receivers

903 Donovan Anderson Minooka 2024
One of several Class of 2024 kids at this event who ran and tested pretty well overall. Anderson, who plays for my home town team in Minooka has impressive speed and burst, showed good overall hands and he will also add more good weight and strength over the next year plus.

907 Kyan Berry-Johnson Bolingbrook 2024 Berry-Johnson is already holding a handful of early offers, and all he did was come out, compete and show exactly why he will be a highly sought after name. Berry-Johnson has really good speed and quickness, ran really good routes and just was able to catch anything thrown near him on Tuesday night. Berry-Johnson tested well, and he also has a frame (5-foot-11, 170 pounds) that will allow him to add even more strength as well. Just a lot to like here.

912 Kam Chigi Minooka 2024 Another local kid for me who continues to show some potential here. Chigi has decent size (6-foot-0, 173 pounds) and length and was able to really shine in positional work and in one on ones. Chigi will need to continue to work on and improve his overall speed and footwork, yet he was able to show pretty well here positionally.

916 Michael Collins St. Ignatius 2024 Collins eyeball passing size (6-foot-2, 170 pounds) caught my attention in warmups, then he also caught my eyes again in positional work. Collins ran and tested well here, plays with a ton of confidence and just made some very nice catches in one on ones and in particular a few intermediate routes. Collins also looks like he can also continue to grow and develop a bit physically over the next year or so.

920 Devan Draughon Metea Valley 2025 A younger guy here who was able to post some pretty solid and consistent testing times at this event on Tuesday. Unfortunately I didn';t get to see as much of Devan than I hoped in one on ones but I will no question keep an eye on him this summer.

922 Kayden Galto Sycamore 2023 Sycamore sent a handful of kids to this event and they all represented well including Galto. Galto also tested and ran well here, posted one of the better overall pro agility shuttle times and his change of direction and explosiveness showed in his positional work as well.

930 Jake Mettetal St Charles North 2024 I was already familiar with Jake after seeing him play last summer, and he's going to be a swiss army knife type of versatile player who has the athletic ability and tools to play numerous positions when needed. Mettetal was very solid in one on ones and positional drill work, overall tested and ran pretty well here.

931 DeAndre Neely Jr. Grayslake North 2023- A speedy slotback type of receiver here who no question can take the top off the defense with his overall straight line speed and quickness. Neely Jr. will be a fun name to track this coming football season for the Knights and he's another name I can see getting to play more than one position this coming season. Not sure of Neely Jr. is involved with the return game but with his speed, wiggle and burst....

938 Luke Pollack Deerfield 2023- Easily one of the biggest surprise names who emerged out of the receiver group. Luke Pollack has great size (6-foot-4, 185 pounds), length and reach and sure looks like a kid who can end up playing wither receiver or tight end at the higher college level. Pollack showed pretty good speed in the testing phase, was a really hard matchups for the DB group in one on ones and Pollack also showed really good hands. Pollack needs to hit some college one day camps this summer and I can see more and more schools taking a harder look at him no question.

947 Carter Stare Neuqua Valley 2024 Stare is a terrific receiver for Neuqua Valley who I saw live last season and his game has just gotten better. Stare tested well and ran one of the top overall pro agility shuttles of the entire camp. Stare is just a very quick and explosive receiver who presents a really touch assignment for any defensive back. Stare will need to add much more weight and strength for the next level, but his overall tools and game is already at a very high level.

956 Torey French Carmel Catholic 2024- This was the second time I was able to see French live and he once again impressed me. French for now is another multi-positional athletes who has excellent speed and quickness, ran good route and is a high level competitor. Much like the rest of this group from the Class of 2024, French still needs to add more good weight and strength, but heb has a chance to develop into a higher level name to watch down the line. FYI Carmel Catholic is stacked with underclassmen talent folks.

Defensive Backs

805 Darryl Jackson Mitchell Marist 2024- Jackson-Mitchell was fun to watch in positional and one on ones work. He possesses really good speed and quick feet, gets into his back peddle well and also reads and reacts well. Mitchell-Jackson also ran and tested pretty well here...and while his weight/size is still a work in progress, he's also a twitchy athlete who's one to watch this fall.

807 John Kemp St Ignatius 2023- Just a very solid player and athlete here. Kemp didn't test but his overall athletic ability, ball hawking skills and impressive quick feet and reaction time caught my attention here.

809 Nicholas Lendino Neuqua Valley 2023- Good sized defensive back who just did a lot of good things here. Lendino took a ton of reps here and didn't shy away from covering the top receivers at this event. Overall I just saw a lot to like here in Nicholas Lendino.

812 Charles Miles TF South 2024- Charles Miles is already known in camp circles and I was a little bit surprised to see him work here at defensive back since he's been basically a wide receiver, but in a lot of ways it worked for him here. Miles is just a very fluid athlete who has really good size and is already physically mature. Miles overall speed can improve but he also has a lot of upside to offer on either side of the football.

815 Omari Waldon Evanston 2024- Really impressive on the hoof athlete here. Waldon checked in at 6-foot-2, 180 pounds and showed his athletic ability in the testing phase including having an strong vertical jump and pro agility shuttle. Waldon was also pretty solid overall in coverage in one on ones and his overall physical tools and potential was impressive.

816 Jackson Washington Hononegah 2023- Jackson Washington was very solid here all night, from the positional drill work to one on ones as well as in the testing phase...Washington was able to show his overall speed, quickness and coverage ability against a pretty strong receiver group at this camp. Washington will no question boost his recruiting stock in college camps this summer.

817 Derrick Washington Zion Benton 2023- Here is another 2023 name in Derrick Washington that could end up playing on Saturday's in college. Washington has good size (6-foot-0, 177 pounds) and could end up growing and adding more weight and strength and play safety, or he can also become a bigger corner as well. Washington also ran and tested consistently well here.

818 Harlon May Carmel Catholic 2024- I've seen Harlon May a few times in person now and he's becoming a very good player and no question a 2024 name who has the potential to develop into a higher level player. May has good size and strength, shows great overall instincts and cover skills while also having been one of the better cover men in one on ones.

Reactions: lstare
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News