ADVERTISEMENT

The New CS8.... 2024 Schedule

cornerrat

Aug 1, 2009
All.... And so it begins. The CS8 for football will have two divisions. Five in the division, two crossovers, and two non cons. If there are teams still available in the last category additional CS8 games may be scheduled. I only have a partial list and it's tenative. Take it with a grain of salt. Weeks 1 ,2, 8, and 9 work out. But some schools end up getting more home games then others in weeks 3 through 7. Not sure how that worked out. I threw this all together quickly. But it's a start.

Schools I could not find. QND, Rochester, and Southeast. One can cross reference on what is showing below to get a partial idea on those teams. The Raiders want to keep their week one non con game with Quincy. The Blue Devils schedule is showing QND for the next two years in week one. (A & H) QND has expressed interest in wanting to play Breese Mater Dei in week two. All games are Friday at 7pm unless noted. Ratsy

West -
Quincy Notre Dame
Jacksonville
Springfield
Southeast
Lanphier
Sacred Heart-Griffin

East-
Chatham
Rochester
Normal University
Decatur (MacArthur)
Decatur (Eisenhower)
Lincoln

Jacksonville-
8-31 (A-Sat.) 12pm Sodan (Mo.)
9-6 (H) Decatur (Eisenhower)
9-13 (A) Sacred Heart-Griffin
9-20 (H) Lanphier
9-27 (H) Southeast
10-4 (A) Springfield
10-11 (H) QND
10-18 (H) Decatur MacArthur
10-25 (A) Lincoln

Springfield-
8-30 (H) Champaign (Central)
9-6 (A) Decatur (MacArthur)
9-13 (A) Lanphier
9-20 (A?) Southeast
9-27 (H) QND
10-4 (H) Jacksonville
10-11 (H) Sacred Heart-Griffin
10-19 (H-Sat.) 2pm Rochester
10-25 (A) Chatham

Lanphier-
8-30 (A) Lincoln
9-6 (H) East Peoria
9-13 (H) Springfield
9-20 (A) Jacksonville
9-27 (A) Sacred Heart-Griffin
10-4 (A) QND
10-12 (A-Sat.) 1pm Southeast
10-18 (H) Decatur (Eisenhower)
10-25 (A) Normal University

Sacred Heart-Griffin-
Scrimmage (H) 8-23 East St. Louis 6PM
8-30 (A) Christian Brothers College (HS) (Mo.)
(Showing a 7PM Start)
9-6 (H) Mascoutah
9-13 (H) Jacksonville
9-20 (A) QND
9-27 (H) Lanphier
10-5 (A) (Sat. 1pm) Southeast
10-11 (A) Springfield
10-18 (H) Chatham
10-25 (A) Rochester

Chatham-
Scrimmage (A) Metamora 7PM
8-30 (H) Edwardsville
9-6 (A) North County H.S.
(Showing a 7PM Start)
9-13 (A) Decatur (Eisenhower
9-20 (H) Rochester
9-27 (A) Decatur (MacArthur)
10-4 (A) Normal University
10-11 (H) Lincoln
10-18 (A) Sacred Heart-Griffin
10-25 (H) Springfield

Normal University-
8-30 (H) Peorial (Manual)
9-6 (A) Bloomington
9-13 (H) Decatur (MacArthur)
9-20 (H) Lincoln
9-27 (A) Rochester
10-4 (H) Chatham
10-11 (A) Decatur (Eisenhower)
10-18 (A) Southeast
10-25 (H) Lanphier

Decatur (MacArthur) -
8-30 (A) Mattoon)
9-6 (H) Springfield
9-13 (A) Normal University
9-20 (A) 5Pm Decatur (Eisenhower)
9-27 (H) Chatham
10-4 (A) Lincoln
10-11 (H) Rochester
10-18 (A) Jacksonville
10-25 (H) QND

Decatur (Eisenhower) -
8-30 (H) Streator
9-6 (A) Jacksonville
9-13 (H) Chatham
9-20 (H) Decatur (MacArthur)
9-27 (A) Lincoln
10-4 (A) Rochester
10-11 (H) Normal University
10-18 (A) Lanphier
10-25 (H) Southeast

Lincoln-
8-30 (H) Lanphier
9-6 (A) Southeast
9-13 (H) Rochester
9-20 (A) Normal University
9-27 (H) Decatur (Eisenhower)
10-4 (H) Decatur (MacArthur)
10-11 (A) Chatham
10-18 (A) QND
10-25 (H) Jacksonville

Southeast-
8-30 (A) East Peoria
9-6 (H) Lincoln
9-13 (A) QND
9-20 (H) Springfield
9-27 (A) Jacksonville
10-5 (H-Sat) 1PM Sacred Heart-Griffin
10-12 (H-Sat) 1PM Lanphier
10-18 (A) Normal University
10-25 (A) Decatur (Eisenhower)

Edit- (12-29-2023) I have added in Southeast. But some of these schedules do not match up correctly. For instance when the schedule for two teams that are playing each other and both are being shown as a home game. Who is playing each other in the regular season looks to be pretty solid it's just this H & A that is being shown problems which I mentioned occur. Can't wait for the official Ihsa schedules to come out....

EDIT! - All schools and schedules in the CS8 completed....

Last edited:
All.... Many CS8 schools when the announcement came quicky put their respective schools name on the Ihsa open dates list. Non cons can be a pain to find even for week 1 and 2 games. Rochester didn't get on that board early. Then they listed and popped on and off for a long time looking for games. Presently in the off of the board stage for a couple of months. I assume the Rockets filled the dates. Maybe some out of state road trips?

There were some very interesting possible matches available during that extended time available. Ratsy

Last edited:
All.... Many CS8 schools when the announcement came quicky put their respective schools name on the Ihsa open dates list. Non cons can be a pain to find even for week 1 and 2 games. Rochester didn't get on that board early. Then they listed and popped on and off for a long time looking for games. Presently in the off of the board stage for a couple of months. I assume the Rockets filled the dates. Maybe some out of state road trips?

There were some very interesting possible matches available during that extended time available. But none were taken. We will see. Ratsy
I've heard nothing official but thought that the Week 1 matchup from this year with Peoria was possibly a 2-year opportunity. But that could be incorrect.

All.... Peoria hosts Centennial in week one. On a different note the Lions are going to visit Morris in week three. That will be interesting when the fans get together across the street at Goold Park before the game. Ratsy

Last edited:
My guess is Rochester's week 1 and 2 games will be home games to make it 5 home games in '24. Only 4 home games were played in '23. Weirdly, Lincoln, D-Mac, and Eisenhower will repeat venues from '23 to '24 for their Rochester games.

All.... Peoria hosts Centennial in week one. On a different note the Lions are going to visit Morris in week three. That will be interesting when the fans get together across the street at Goold Park before the game. Ratsy
you have shs vs centennial wk1 above.

All.... Looked again at the SHG week 1 and 2 non cons. Mascoutah scheduled SHG about a year ago. After four straight years of playoff appearences (excluding the covid year when they went 5-1) they had a down year in 23. Unusual because they have that Scott Air Force base connection with getting hard nose military kids that love to play football. They have done something as well the Cycs never have which is beat JCA in 2019.

And then there are these guys. CBC..... The Cadets going for their third straight title. Presently at 11-2. CBC went 13-1 the previous two seasons. Those two non con losses yep to East St. Louis. An all boys school with an enrollment of 845. Using Ihsa rules with the double and multiplier an 8A school. A gorgeous stadium and knock on wood the rodent will be tailgating with the Cadet folk in St. Louis week one. Should be a fun and learning game for everyone. Ratsy

Last edited:
I've driven through the Lebanon-Mascoutah area twice in the last few months. Past Lebanon and near the edge of the Mid America airport, there appears to be a number of new apartment buildings about to open that could eventually house several hundred families. Wondering what school district this would fall under.

I've driven through the Lebanon-Mascoutah area twice in the last few months. Past Lebanon and near the edge of the Mid America airport, there appears to be a number of new apartment buildings about to open that could eventually house several hundred families. Wondering what school district this would fall under.
All.... Ahh apartments.... Plummer Street that runs right by the Titan Stadium. I noticed a bunch of them going up as well when I went to the SHG/Chatham game. Frightning. lol Ratsy

Reactions: net-se
All.... Springfield SJR reports today all of the Southeast home football games in 2024 likely will be played at Memorial Stadium because of construction upgrades to the school and field. This will change the dates for some of the above teams and produce Saturday afternoon or evening games. Of course none of this will matter (above) if districts happen. Ratsy

Reactions: rocketnation
All....Rochester fan forum had a small blip from two posters on a possible Bulldog/Rocket game in the future. 8 to 8 schedule does not show that on Batavia's schedule. Anyone? Ratsy

All.... I have come across the Titans week two second non con game. They will be on the road and play North County H.S in Boone Terre, Mo. The game is listed for Friday 7pm and is just over a two hour drive. The Raiders after going 9-4 in 2022 had somewhat of a down year in 2023 finishing 4-7. Enrollment for North County is just under 900. Ratsy

The new apartments just north of I-64 across from the Pilot are in the Mascoutah School District. The cutoff for their district is the farm field to the north of the apartments.

I believe this is the final year, 2024, of the QHS/QND agreement. So week 1 could be open as soon as 2025. I could have misunderstood, but I was told by coaching staff at QND that this season would be the final game between the two for the time being. QND does want to get Mater Dei back on the schedule but I don't believe anything has been agreed upon or even gotten close to being agreed upon. Mater Dei has been playing Breese Central Wk 2 I believe. QND also always seems to be able to find Missouri programs to fill the gaps. So if nothing else they'll probably continue to do that until they can find some IL programs to slot in.

I believe this is the final year, 2024, of the QHS/QND agreement. So week 1 could be open as soon as 2025. I could have misunderstood, but I was told by coaching staff at QND that this season would be the final game between the two for the time being. QND does want to get Mater Dei back on the schedule but I don't believe anything has been agreed upon or even gotten close to being agreed upon. Mater Dei has been playing Breese Central Wk 2 I believe. QND also always seems to be able to find Missouri programs to fill the gaps. So if nothing else they'll probably continue to do that until they can find some IL programs to slot in.
I have no connection to the program, but Morris has never backed away from competition. May be worth reaching out for a week 1 or 2 game in the future.

Reactions: RoaminCatholic
All.... The new CS8 is set up for 5 division games and two crossovers. (W8 and W9) So the Raiders will only have to search for two teams starting in 2024. And although some of those have already been grabbed by other CS8 schools if available W1 or W2 can also be scheduled out of the other division. Ratsy

All.... Here is a partial list of the last two teams I tried to run down. Once again I mention that the sources I find at times seem to conflict with each other. Home and away games can vary .An example of this is QND after the first two weeks (whoever that might be) I have them at home for the next four games. Kind of odd it worked out that way. Anyway.... Ratsy

Quincy Notre Dame-
8-30 (H) Quincy
W2 (H) Date? Richmond-Burton
9-13 (H) Southeast
9-20 (H) Sacred Heart-Griffin
9-27 (A) Springfield
10-4 (H) Lanphier
10-11 (A) Jacksonville
10-18 (H) Lincoln
10-25 (A) Decatur (MacArthur)

Rochester-
8-31 (A) Chicago (Simeon)
9-6 (H) Cardinal Ritter (Mo.)
9-13 (A) Lincoln
9-20 (A) Chatham
9-27 (H) Normal University
10-4 (H) Decatur (Eisenhower)
10-11 (A) Decatur (MacArthur)
10-19 (A-Sat.) 2PM Springfield
10-25 (H) Sacred Heart-Griffin

Last edited:
I have no connection to the program, but Morris has never backed away from competition. May be worth reaching out for a week 1 or 2 game in the future.
I appreciate the info. I'll pass it along.

QND likes to think they don't back down from anyone, but let's be honest they can't compete with the likes of Richmond-Burton and Mahomet Seymour or QHS as already displayed with those three on their schedule last season. We all know Morris would take QND out back and bury them. Not many 2A programs scheduling the three schools I listed though, so to that I always credit our AD and HC. But at some point, especially joining a much tougher CS8 where every program will be at least double our size, we have to start thinking about how to make the playoffs. We can't expect 4 wins to get us in every year. And we won't be 2A forever, history and current rules prove that. if QND squeaks in at 4-5 in 4A where they have mostly lived, the outcome of their #1 vs. #16 matchup would have likely been brutally swung in favor of the 1 seed. Just being realistic. QND has never been a program to hunt for 5 like a lot of small schools seem to do downstate, but it's high time they do so or they'll drift into a world they haven't known since the 1980's.

Reactions: 4Afan
All.... The new CS8 is set up for 5 division games and two crossovers. (W8 and W9) So the Raiders will only have to search for two teams starting in 2024. And although some of those have already been grabbed by other CS8 schools if available W1 or W2 can also be scheduled out of the other division. Ratsy
I understand. QND will be ok. They're well versed in scheduling non-conf games and scrambling to fill schedules. Life as an independent forces you to think well outside your region for games if necessary. I think QND is more concerned with keeping the squad full and healthy than who they'll be playing weeks 1 and 2. Although if they're smart they'd go get a couple gimmies. I hate to be that way, but the obvious truth is 5 wins in a 7 game CS8 schedule will be tough for QND these days. Going into conference play 2-0 is almost a must for them. And next year they won't be... QHS will throttle us again. Already 4 for-sure losses I can see on the schedule next year. Going to have to beat SE, Lanphier, Lincoln, and SHS to have a shot.

And after a certain poster on another site made it personal, I really hope QND can handle Lincoln. lol

Quincy Notre Dame-
8-30 (A) Quincy L
W2
9-13 (H) Southeast
9-20 (H) Sacred Heart-Griffin L
9-27 (H) Springfield
10-4 (H) Lanphier
10-11 (A) Jacksonville L
10-18 (H) Lincoln
10-25 (A) Decatur (MacArthur) L

Last edited:
I understand. QND will be ok. They're well versed in scheduling non-conf games and scrambling to fill schedules. Life as an independent forces you to think well outside your region for games if necessary. I think QND is more concerned with keeping the squad full and healthy than who they'll be playing weeks 1 and 2. Although if they're smart they'd go get a couple gimmies. I hate to be that way, but the obvious truth is 5 wins in a 7 game CS8 schedule will be tough for QND these days. Going into conference play 2-0 is almost a must for them. And next year they won't be... QHS will throttle us again.

And after a certain poster on another site made it personal, I really hope QND can handle Lincoln. lol
All.... Yes "Lincoln" was an interesting chap. lol I have done an edit on QND's schedule today. Rechecked the 8-18 list and they have your Raiders home in week one not away. That would make at the moment six home games. Pretty sweet if that works out. Waiting on the official Ihsa schedules for clarity on all the CS8 schools... Ratsy

I understand. QND will be ok. They're well versed in scheduling non-conf games and scrambling to fill schedules. Life as an independent forces you to think well outside your region for games if necessary. I think QND is more concerned with keeping the squad full and healthy than who they'll be playing weeks 1 and 2. Although if they're smart they'd go get a couple gimmies. I hate to be that way, but the obvious truth is 5 wins in a 7 game CS8 schedule will be tough for QND these days. Going into conference play 2-0 is almost a must for them. And next year they won't be... QHS will throttle us again. Already 4 for-sure losses I can see on the schedule next year. Going to have to beat SE, Lanphier, Lincoln, and SHS to have a shot.

Quincy Notre Dame-
8-30 (A) Quincy L
W2
9-13 (H) Southeast
9-27 (H) Springfield
10-4 (H) Lanphier
10-11 (A) Jacksonville L
10-18 (H) Lincoln
All.... My crystal ball is only good for the week of the game not the whole season. As you mentioned those two non con games for the Raiders will be big. I know at one time Mater Dei as an opponent was being mentioned. Looking up 8 to 18 once again their schedule shows the Knights playing Breese Central week two.

With QND entering the CS8 which changes things I'd blow off your hometown rival in week one and find someone else. Ratsy

Last edited:

Quincy Notre Dame-
8-30 (A) Quincy L
W2
9-13 (H) Southeast
9-27 (H) Springfield
10-4 (H) Lanphier
10-11 (A) Jacksonville L
10-18 (H) Lincoln
Losing the Carson twins to graduation will hurt the Railers. They provided most of the offensive firepower this year.

I appreciate the info. I'll pass it along.

QND likes to think they don't back down from anyone, but let's be honest they can't compete with the likes of Richmond-Burton and Mahomet Seymour or QHS as already displayed with those three on their schedule last season. We all know Morris would take QND out back and bury them. Not many 2A programs scheduling the three schools I listed though, so to that I always credit our AD and HC. But at some point, especially joining a much tougher CS8 where every program will be at least double our size, we have to start thinking about how to make the playoffs. We can't expect 4 wins to get us in every year. And we won't be 2A forever, history and current rules prove that. if QND squeaks in at 4-5 in 4A where they have mostly lived, the outcome of their #1 vs. #16 matchup would have likely been brutally swung in favor of the 1 seed. Just being realistic. QND has never been a program to hunt for 5 like a lot of small schools seem to do downstate, but it's high time they do so or they'll drift into a world they haven't known since the 1980's.
All.... If the Raiders make the playoffs next year with the new schedule they will be very battle tested. One never knows depending upon the seeding but two postseason wins (possibly more) in 2024 class 2A would be realistic. The multiplier kicks in at three wins for a school when the new period starts. Current enrollment for QND that I found is 401. If those wins happen in 2024 as you mentioned class 4A here we come in 2025 using past historic qualifying numbers.

I haven't mentioned this yet Roamin' but now is as good as time as any. Many of the CS8 fans (and some "higher" ups) despise the one Catholic school already in the conference. Thank you very much SHG.... (lol) Yelling (vulgar) at the team as they enter the stadium can occur. We fans on occasion get the same treatment. You will also get that "look" in the parking lot especially wearing a QND shirt or hoodie as well. (lol)

The funniest thing I heard about and I was at that game years ago after the game when the Cyclone team bus was leaving the old Chatham football field (a win of course) Some Redskin lady fan screaming at that bus and throwing rocks. And I missed it. Haaaaaaaa. Just another example. Anyway you know how it works. And I 'm sure QND's HC knows the conference is going to be trying quite hard to make it a difficult year. Many in the area are still very unhappy that another Catholic team is now on their door step. Welcome fellow brother in arms to the new CS8. Go Cycs! Go Raiders! Ratsy

I'd blow off your hometown rival in week one and find someone else. Ratsy

Tis the plan. And I believe that plan goes into motion after the final whistle blows in the crappy named "Crosstown Showdown" (What a generic dumb name) this coming Fall. Could have named this game something more unique... Something that incorporated Calf Town, Gem City, Q-town, anything better than "Crosstown Showdown." Gosh just saying it makes me throw up in my mouth.

All.... If the Raiders make the playoffs next year with the new schedule they will be very battle tested. One never knows depending upon the seeding but two postseason wins (possibly more) in 2024 class 2A would be realistic. The multiplier kicks in at three wins for a school when the new period starts. Current enrollment for QND that I found is 401. If those wins happen in 2024 as you mentioned class 4A here we come in 2025 using past historic qualifying numbers.

I haven't mentioned this yet Roamin' but now is as good as time as any. Many of the CS8 fans (and some "higher" ups) despise the one Catholic school already in the conference. Thank you very much SHG.... (lol) Yelling (vulgar) at the team as they enter the stadium can occur. We fans on occasion get the same treatment. You will also get that "look" in the parking lot especially wearing a QND shirt or hoodie as well. (lol)

The funniest thing I heard about and I was at that game years ago after the game when the Cyclone team bus was leaving the old Chatham football field (a win of course) Some Redskin lady fan screaming at that bus and throwing rocks. And I missed it. Haaaaaaaa. Just another example. Anyway you know how it works. And I 'm sure QND's HC knows the conference is going to be trying quite hard to make it a difficult year. Many in the area are still very unhappy that another Catholic team is now on their door step. Welcome fellow brother in arms to the new CS8. Go Cycs! Go Raiders! Ratsy
I think QND is aware the road ahead is tougher than it maybe ever has been. Not a lot of 2A sized programs (downstate) signing the dotted line (with a smile) to go play in a predominantly 5A conference. We can live on that pride for a minute or two I guess.

Vulgarity slung like poo from the chimpanzees (heavy on the panzees, :p) is nothing new to QND. Let's not forget, we spent our existence venturing out into the fields of Adams, Pike, Brown, and Hancock Counties in all sorts of athletic events. My personal favorite folk this side of the Mississippi would be those of Saukee Nation. Much like our big public brother across town they have that complex... and that denial. A streak of wins in football unmatched by anyone is something to be proud of... but those days are long, long gone. They used to throw nacho cheese at us as we walked by their student section at that crappy dilapidated facility they call Vohsall Gym. They used to get to games early in the 90s at 10th and Jackson just to steal seats from QND fans, in our section, and around the endzones. Petty, uneducated, unrealistic best describes them.

Point being, nothing the fine supporters of the Springfield, Decatur, Lincoln, and Jax pubs can hurl at us will sting much. QND is what it is... small. And if we take our licks early on in the conference, so be it. But there remains a glimmer of hope... 2020 was an odd year, but QND chose to join the Big 12 for an abbreviated season and finished 2nd only losing to Normal West by a score. If that's our sample, to this point, then color me optimistic.

Reactions: cornerrat
All..... Calling rocketnation I had forgot but you might like this ummm.... anecdote. A couple weeks ago a friend of mine with his wife came into town from out of state. The Mrs. made the mistake (lol) of volunteering to drive us around as we briefly visited a host of churches.

It was fairly late and the evening was going just fine. How we ended up in Chatham I don't exactly recall. Not positive as well where we landed but I believe the name was AJ's. A big time Titan bar and I was wearing my SHG football cap. Haaa....

Place was packed and lots of red being worn. Anway we sit down and a group of their faithful come over. They were actually nice . A confident lot as it applies to Titan football in 2024 they were! Expecting big things from QB Knoedler (I was given his passing stats that were in the SJR several times ☺️ ) and quite a bit of talk about the host of receivers back led by the Lehnen kid.

I asked the group one question and had two comments. My query was who would you prefer to defeat this season Rochester or SHG. One gent before the group mulled it over said well we don't play SHG they are not in our new division. (I had to explain the crossover games) The consensus was with that new bit of information we are going beat both teams. My first comment was well on paper Chatham is the team to beat in the two division CS8. On paper.... My second was a "bit more defense" might be a good thing. 52 to 51 games are going to only get one so far. That opinion went over so so. ☺️ After that it was time to head out back to town for elegant dining. 🍟 Ratsy

Last edited:
All..... Calling rocketnation I had forgot but you might like this ummm.... anecdote. A couple weeks ago a friend of mine with his wife came into town from out of state. The Mrs. made the mistake (lol) of volunteering to drive us around as we briefly visited a host of churches.

It was fairly late and the evening was going just fine. How we ended up in Chatham I don't exactly recall. Not positive as well where we landed but I believe the name was AJ's. A big time Titan bar and I was wearing my SHG football cap. Haaa....

Place was packed and lots of red being worn. Anway we sit down and a group of their faithful come over. They were actually nice . A confident lot as it applies to Titan football in 2024 they were! Expecting big things from QB Knoedler (I was given his passing stats that were in the SJR several times ☺️ ) and quite a bit of talk about the host of receivers back led by the Lehnen kid.

I asked the group one question and had two comments. My query was who would you prefer to defeat this season Rochester or SHG. One gent before the group mulled it over said well we don't play SHG they are not in our new division. (I had to explain the crossover games) The consensus was with that new bit of information we are going beat both teams. My first comment was well on paper Chatham is the team to beat in the two division CS8. On paper.... My second was a "bit more defense" might be a good thing. 52 to 51 games are going to only get one so far. That opinion went over so so. ☺️ After that it was time to head out back to town for elegant dining. 🍟 Ratsy
Great story! In my younger days, I used to go to AJ's occasionally. Nice place.

The Titans should feel good about next season, but you are 100% right that the offense can't be expected to score 50+ in order to win against their better opponents. Don't the Titans play Edwardsville early? That game will be a major challenge for their defense.

We've talked before about the not always friendly rivalry between Rochester and Chatham. I've found it to be much more heated than the one between Rochester and SHG. Each year, Rochester puts out a blurb on each Senior on their school web page, with one of the questions being you're most memorable moment as a player. Other than playing in a state title game, the next most popular answer from many players is beating Chatham.

All... Yes they open up against Edwardsville at home. The Tigers made it to the 8A quarterfinals. Lost to graduation is all state qb Curry who is going to SIU. Should of asked the Titan folk how they feel about that game. ☺️ Chatham has a shot though. First week and a new kid in the 1 spot for Edwardsville while the Titans will have a now seasoned Colten Knoedler. He will be a terror the next two years on the field. Look for him to have more designed running plays along with that strong arm he has. Defense will need to be ready for the Titans. No shootout.... Ratsy

All.... Calling rocketnation. (again lol) Football related. This is a bit of a head scratcher. Because with that school county facility tax the money is available And like most taxes I don't see it ever going away.

The latest mock up is out for Rochester as it applies to facility upgrades. It can be accessed through the schools web site. When it gets to the football stadium part additional seating in the plan for the home side but not for the away side.

Now for a football nut like myself seating has never been a problem. Home games I have 50 yard line season tickets since the new stadium was built and away games I arrive early. Real early.... As an example I'm at Rocket Booster stadium pulling in at 4pm. Park and 75ft away from the entrance ready to get into the front of line if necessary. But many can't get do that some are still working at 4pm. (lol) The run to the stands by fans that have arrived later and are way back in line is a sight to be hold. I'm already up on the 50. (lol)🏃‍♂️ 🏃‍♂️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♂️

There is a little back and forth starting on the Rochester Football fans facebook about this and the overall project. If I have read the plans correctly some tweaks to the plan could occur. Here is hoping that seating comes up again. My question for you. Did the Rochester citizens have any input on this? When the stadium was built at SHG the school for a month took suggestions from alumni. Mine was in the next day (go figure) and top on the list was adequate seating for everyone. Don't short the away side. Just curious about citizen input. Ratsy

I learned the basics of the plan that the school board approved last August from our weekly paper. I have not seen the more detailed plan or heard whether there were requests for comment from the public. My youngest graduated in '21, so as each year goes by I feel a little less in the know.

I did see the same Facebook posts you mentioned. If public comments were sought, I would support more visitor seating and something like the team rooms I've seen at Memorial and Carterville where the visitors can go quickly at halftime if the weather is bad. I think in both the Chatham and Coal City games this year it rained heavily at halftime. Their choice as the visitors was to get soaked on-site or to trek to the old HS gym while getting rained on coming and going.

I learned the basics of the plan that the school board approved last August from our weekly paper. I have not seen the more detailed plan or heard whether there were requests for comment from the public. My youngest graduated in '21, so as each year goes by I feel a little less in the know.

I did see the same Facebook posts you mentioned. If public comments were sought, I would support more visitor seating and something like the team rooms I've seen at Memorial and Carterville where the visitors can go quickly at halftime if the weather is bad. I think in both the Chatham and Coal City games this year it rained heavily at halftime. Their choice as the visitors was to get soaked on-site or to trek to the old HS gym while getting rained on coming and going.
Coal City has literally the worst away team facilities/amenities in the state for schools over 500 kids.

2004 4A semi's, QND Coach Bill Connell told the CC AD to piss right off when he suggested we take the half mile walk to the "locker room facilities" on the other side of their complex. Told our driver to park the bus directly behind the home stand. The AD eventually found a guy with keys and opened up a "locker room" the size of a broom closet just behind the main stand. Our starters and a few subs got ready shoulder to shoulder in there while the other 50 players got ready on the bus, in front of the CC tailgaters out in the cold, wherever they could. Those tailgaters, obviously lifted by some "spirit"ual courage, told us all about how terrible we were and how Jesus couldn't stop them and how God only heard our prayers on Sundays. Our AT was taping on a piece of wood we laid on top of some trash cans. It had rained a lot that week, so the field was pretty saturated to begin with, but we enjoyed a good mud bowl back in those days. Probably bc our home field at the time was still dirt on top of landfill and remained a muddy mess hash to hash from week 1 on. Any who, we sent one of our team managers out to inspect the field and "get it ready" as we all liked to mud slide prior to kickoff. One of our captains, Sam Dancer, especially enjoyed sliding through any painted areas at midfield or endzones. And that day we were in the mood to mess up anything pretty they had on that pitch. He got caught adding a little moisture to the grass for us. We thought that was pretty comical considering the accommodations we were currently preparing for a game with. They proceeded to beat us, and rightfully so, they were a good team. Solid program, terrible hosts. We were also some a-holes. So perhaps we deserved the 22-0 beatdown.

QND's until more recently was awful, a girls (tiny) locker room, but we did give away teams the whole gym if needed. Macomb is also a pain, up 30 stairs and a quarter mile walk to the opposite side of the field. Always enjoyed that one though, Bomber faithful are a salty bunch! Canton's walk from the gym to the field used to be fun in Week 9 while it was downpouring.

Last edited:
Per the Decatur Herald and Review, standout Decatur MacArthur Freshman RB Myson Johnson Cook has transferred to Katy (Texas) High School.

Tough news for the Mac program.

Conference defensive coordinators breathe a little easier.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT