ADVERTISEMENT

The latest on LWE Week 2

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Again not a ton of inside scoopage here....East was indeed dropped by the Florida school.....leaving the Griffins with a Week 2 opening with literally a handful of weeks left. Timing was very interesting since the Florida school cancelled the game one day after Jonas Williams committed to Oregon. Anyway....

ESTL will not play LWE because they are on a contract with the team from Georgia and my understanding is they will not break that agreement....and that makes sense since the Classic always tries to attract OOS teams. Very doubtful LWE will find a game this quickly and my guess is LWE will seek a forfeit win since they had a contract in place and then was dropped at the last minute. ESTL had to do this a few years ago when a very similar situation happened. If I hear more I will post it here.

What is sad here is my guess is this leaves a bad taste for LWE and would be very surprised if they try to go this route again anytime soon. Hope I'm wrong on this as well but it's just a guess/hunch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.