ADVERTISEMENT

The fallout in Lake Zurich begins.................

Blanket statements that include an entire class of football teams being inferior is ignorant. Schools play the hand that they have been dealt based on enrollment and geographic location......at least in the Public School sector.
Or in the private school sector they play the hand a school about twice its size has been dealt.

Reactions: krock the house
you said moral victories not me my friend. It's funny coming from a fenwick guy that the blue is pimped up.
Your friars have been dodging the blue for years and actually threat to leave for escc each time it's brought up. Lawless is spinning in his grave knowing that's the attitude at fenwick.

We lose focus here? Start a new thread if you want to talk recruiting.
This thread has run its course. Here's a recap, everyone thinks it's disgusting and they should be punished except one special kind of moron he thinks we shouldn't cast stones until we hear everyone's story. Then some arguing happened Society vs One it's played out as no one is changing their mind and there isn't anything else to say, but then I found something else in here to keep my attention.

Well unless all the sudden gifts to recruits are deemed legal yes there is an issue. Just because the whole south side turns their eyes to it doesnt make it right.
gifts? Come on brother
Folders
Pens
What are we talking about here.
Let me know when cars, girls and cash are involved and then we have an issue until then stop complaining and go to work

gifts? Come on brother
Folders
Pens
Let me know when cars, girls and cash are involved and then we have an issue until then stop complaining and go to work
No I was talking about the custom Rice jersey they sent him.

you said moral victories not me my friend. It's funny coming from a fenwick guy that the blue is pimped up.
Your friars have been dodging the blue for years and actually threat to leave for escc each time it's brought up. Lawless is spinning in his grave knowing that's the attitude at fenwick.
I don't claim Fenwick to be some powerhouse. You're a little out of touch with what Br Rice actually is. One state title way back in '81 and disappointment after disappointment don't make you a powerhouse, take them out of the blue and they're completely irrelevant. You sound like a Mississippi St fan talking crap and taking credit for Bama's titles. SEC/CCL Blue same overrated nonsense.

Fenwick is an academic school that occasionally has a good season. We picked Fenwick knowing that, success on the field is simply a bonus for us. I am very proud to say my kids go to Fenwick and it was the same thing during the 2015 3-6 season as it was this past season.

Lawless would find your boy Badke's recruiting tactics to be quite pathetic and frankly he wouldn't want a part of playing in a conference like that. There is a reason NO ONE wants to join that conference. We don't have the recruiting budget you do and don't have a win at all costs mentality. Two different ways of playing the game I guess, just a shame you have to live vicariously through the other Blue teams.

gifts? Come on brother
Folders
Pens
It's 8:00 pm on Sunday where do you think he works?

One thing I will say....you CCL Blue guys are passionate about your teams. I love it!

I don't claim Fenwick to be some powerhouse. You're a little out of touch with what Br Rice actually is. One state title way back in '81 and disappointment after disappointment don't make you a powerhouse, take them out of the blue and they're completely irrelevant. You sound like a Mississippi St fan talking crap and taking credit for Bama's titles. SEC/CCL Blue same overrated nonsense.

Fenwick is an academic school that occasionally has a good season. We picked Fenwick knowing that, success on the field is simply a bonus for us. I am very proud to say my kids go to Fenwick and it was the same thing during the 2015 3-6 season as it was this past season.

Lawless would find your boy Badke's recruiting tactics to be quite pathetic and frankly he wouldn't want a part of playing in a conference like that. There is a reason NO ONE wants to join that conference. We don't have the recruiting budget you do and don't have a win at all costs mentality. Two different ways of playing the game I guess, just a shame you have to live vicariously through the other Blue teams.
And once no one said rice was a powerhouse besides you.

Is there cotton candy and puppy dogs all over fenwick. What a beautiful picture you just painted of fenwick and an ugly one of the blue, both not true

Now let me give you a history lesson in the catholic league and tony lawless before you continue to run your mouth about Badke not knowing a damn thing about him
Lawless hand picked Badke father in the late 70s/80s to be the head coach at fenwick
Coach lawless mentor him on getting kids in the doors of fenwick and how recruiting was the only way to survive.
Badke father has mentored him in the same way.
Tony lawless created the conference that you see now

I know all about Badke, he's done a good job there but not a great job. I don't think he's a great coach but he's a good salesman. That's my opinion, I might be wrong, it won't be the first or last time. Southside recruiting is like the wild Wild West, I don't like their tactics and Badke is right there in the middle of it. That's a personal opinion again and may be way off base. For a guy like Badke to come into a struggling program and inject what he has is great, if guys like Frank Lenti and Pat Dunne are upset enough to despise you that means you're doing damage to him. Badke isn't a bad person, he's doing what it takes to be successful in an arms race. That's not my cup of tea but to each his own. I can understand why you like Badke and why you'd defend him and I admire it. I like ruffling your feathers because we are pretty different but also pretty similar, I love the way you defend your coach and team no matter what and I wish more guys were like that, kudos!

And once again no one said rice was a powerhouse besides you.
I know all about Badke, he's done a good job there but not a great job. I don't think he's a great coach but he's a good salesman. That's my opinion, I might be wrong, it won't be the first or last time. Southside recruiting is like the wild Wild West, I don't like their tactics and Badke is right there in the middle of it. That's a personal opinion again and may be way off base. For a guy like Badke to come into a struggling program and inject what he has is great, if guys like Frank Lenti and Pat Dunne are upset enough to despise you that means you're doing damage to him. Badke isn't a bad person, he's doing what it takes to be successful in an arms race. That's not my cup of tea but to each his own. I can understand why you like Badke and why you'd defend him and I admire it. I like ruffling your feathers because we are pretty different but also pretty similar, I love the way you defend your coach and team no matter what and I wish more guys were like that, kudos!

I appreciate that.
Wins and loses are important but how these coaches influence these young men is what matters. Badke does that better than anyone and that's why I respect and stick up for him

I appreciate that.
Wins and loses are important but how these coaches influence these young men is what matters. Badke does that better than anyone and that's why I respect and stick up for him
As you should, and I have no first hand knowledge of that but I've never heard a bad thing from someone that's played for him. Your right character is what counts and if that's what he's instilling he'll never be overrated where it matters. I can't say that about every winning coach...

This thread has run its course. Here's a recap, everyone thinks it's disgusting and they should be punished except one special kind of moron he thinks we shouldn't cast stones until we hear everyone's story. Then some arguing happened Society vs One it's played out as no one is changing their mind and there isn't anything else to say, but then I found something else in here to keep my attention.

The thread has run its course because you said so. The story and the thread and the story are long from over.

Meanwhile, for the thousandth time, I have to listen to a couple of guys hijack a thread to give their positions on the state of Catholic League football.

As I politely suggested, please start your own thread.

Reactions: ClownBaby
The thread has run its course because you said so. The story and the thread and the story are long from over.

Meanwhile, for the thousandth time, I have to listen to a couple of guys hijack a thread to give their positions on the state of Catholic League football.

Dude that was 4 days ago

You have been around here long enough to know every thread is two posts away from becoming another CCL pissing contest. It sucks and has taken a lot of the fun out of this place.

Start your own message board you can ban all Catholic school representation! When you get sworn in as the board police I'll start listening to you. When there is no new info (to which there is not) there is really nothing new to add to this thread. Therefore this thread has run its course. I LOVE when people complain about something being in the wrong thread and then they compound the problem and waste their own time by attempting to police things. It's a damn free message board I'll respond to people and engage in converstion where it may be sparked. I read a lot of stupid crap that I don't care about on this board but I don't dare try and tell people where and how they can discuss it. Sorry not sorry.

Start your own message board you can ban all Catholic school representation! When you get sworn in as the board police I'll start listening to you. When there is no new info (to which there is not) there is really nothing new to add to this thread. Therefore this thread has run its course. I LOVE when people complain about something being in the wrong thread and then they compound the problem and waste their own time by attempting to police things. It's a damn free message board I'll respond to people and engage in converstion where it may be sparked. I read a lot of stupid crap that I don't care about on this board but I don't dare try and tell people where and how they can discuss it. Sorry not sorry.

The Daily Herald released more information today and it's pretty interesting stuff I'm sure the thread will start up again.

Dude that was 4 days ago

First of all, I am not dude. Second, I work for a living not just as a writer, but as a salesman as well. I don't always have time to check in on here, especially in the football offseason.

And TPF523: As far as Catholic League representation on this board, there has always been more than enough here. You are right, I am not the police. All I was asking was for some consideration here. And I believe I asked politely. Twice.

This is a very fluid story and new information will be coming, as it did today. And there will be other info coming out very soon.

And the super intendant is a real piece of work. Victim shaming

All I know, is that if some teacher or security guard walked in a couple of kids having sex in the school, those kids would be in the principal's office and most likely suspended.

First of all, I am not dude.
film-the_big_lebowski-1998-the_dude-jeff_bridges-tops-pendleton_shawl_cardigan.jpg

Nope, this is Dude.

First of all, I am not dude. Second, I work for a living not just as a writer, but as a salesman as well. I don't always have time to check in on here, especially in the football offseason.

And TPF523: As far as Catholic League representation on this board, there has always been more than enough here. You are right, I am not the police. All I was asking was for some consideration here. And I believe I asked politely. Twice.

This is a very fluid story and new information will be coming, as it did today. And there will be other info coming out very soon.
This thread has become long and cumbersome. You seem to have your finger on the pulse of the situation. I'm going to suggest start a new thread with the cliff notes version of whats going on so people can add as new stuff becomes available. Not that this thread is bad just a new one might be easier to navigate and stay on point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT