ADVERTISEMENT

The CCL/ESCC Prognostication Thread - Week XIII

ignazio

Oct 25, 2007

Aside from the Prep Bowl playoff game, the widest spread we have this week is 14 on the usually reliable Gambletron. And congrats once again to the Epicenter of the Prep Gridiron: the South Side, unfortunately not the Football-palooza we had a couple years ago with 4 games possible, but a double-header is do-able.

Prep Bowl:
DLS (5-6) @ SL (6-5), Fri., Nov. 22, 6 pm
neutral field
[2019] St. Laurence (Burbank, IL) 35, [2019] De La Salle (Chicago, IL) 10

5A:
Rockford (Boylan Catholic) (12-0) at Chicago (St. Rita) (9-3), Sat., Nov. 23, 2:30 pm
neutral field
[2019] St. Rita (Chicago, IL) 31, [2019] Boylan (Rockford, IL) 17

7A:
Chicago (Mt. Carmel) (12-0) at Villa Park (Willowbrook) (11-1), Sat., Nov. 23, 1:00 pm
neutral field
[2019] Mount Carmel (Chicago, IL) 28, [2019] Willowbrook (Villa Park, IL) 14

LaGrange Park (Nazareth Academy) (12-0) at Rolling Meadows (12-0), Sat., Nov. 23, 1:00 pm
neutral field
[2019] Nazareth Academy (LaGrange Park, IL) 31, [2019] Rolling Meadows (IL) 20

8A:
Chicago (Brother Rice) (8-4) at Gurnee (Warren) (12-0), Sat., Nov. 23, 4:00 pm
neutral field
[2019] Warren Township (Gurnee, IL) 26, [2019] Brother Rice (Chicago, IL) 13

Frankfort (Lincoln-Way East) (12-0) at Chicago (Marist) (8-4), Sat., Nov. 23, 1:00 pm
neutral field
[2019] Lincoln-Way East (Frankfort, IL) 28, [2019] Marist (Chicago, IL) 14

Last edited:
Wow, some big spreads. That usually means, take the dog with the points!

PREP BOWL
DLS +25

5A
Boylan +14

7A:
Mount Carmel -14
Rolling Meadows +11

8A:
BR +13
Marist +14

Just like last week, DLS' record is inaccurate. Meteors are 5-6. Please change at your convenience.

And a 25-point dog? Wow. That's all I'll say.

Thanks.
Massey has it at 23.5, CalPreps at 25 with the home-adjusted line as well. The week 9 running clock is probably the biggest factor in the number.

Prep Bowl

DLS +25 Vikings will win and move on to a possible intriguing Prep Bowl matchup vs Simeon

5A

SR -14 I’ll stay on the Mustangs because of KB. But they’ll cover if their D stays on fire and they can move the ball through the air as needed.

7A

WB +14 I make no apologies again this week for taking the points vs MC. They are just a dominant can’t-cover-the-number-doesn’t-matter team I’ve ever seen. It’s crazy, like last week, game’s never necessarily in peril, 24-8, number was 17.

Naz -11 Fair number, RM hangs in until the middle of the third and then Naz takes over and moves onto the finals vs MC where the whole LGP will have to be on gfather watch for the week.

8A

BR +13 This one will be in between the 20s all afternoon. Need to flip the field when you get a chance. Both teams stay within a score of each other the whole game. You’ll be able to hear the hitting in this one on the Superman ride.

Marist +14 LWE has had their troubles on the road in Semis vs Blue division teams. Marist May be the hottest team right now. Comes down to the wire and LWE has an excellent kicker.

STL -25- Vikes won by 43 a few weeks ago. I'll give De La Salle 14 back, Vikes still in by 29.

Rita -14- Rita keeps rolling big

WB +14- As Rock stated above, MC sucks at covering the spread. I don't care if they win by 1, Just Win MC!!!

NAZ -11- Decent game but Naz covers by a few points

BR +13- I'm thinking Warren 24-13

Marist +14- LWE wins by 10.

STL -25
Rita -14
MC -14
NAZ -11
BR 13
Marist 14 (Feeto Special for the Home Dog)

Prep Bowl

DLS +25 Vikings will win and move on to a possible intriguing Prep Bowl matchup vs Simeon

5A

SR -14 I’ll stay on the Mustangs because of KB. But they’ll cover if their D stays on fire and they can move the ball through the air as needed.

7A

WB +14 I make no apologies again this week for taking the points vs MC. They are just a dominant can’t-cover-the-number-doesn’t-matter team I’ve ever seen. It’s crazy, like last week, game’s never necessarily in peril, 24-8, number was 17.

Naz -11 Fair number, RM hangs in until the middle of the third and then Naz takes over and moves onto the finals vs MC where the whole LGP will have to be on gfather watch for the week.

8A

BR +13 This one will be in between the 20s all afternoon. Need to flip the field when you get a chance. Both teams stay within a score of each other the whole game. You’ll be able to hear the hitting in this one on the Superman ride.

Marist +14 LWE has had their troubles on the road in Semis vs Blue division teams. Marist May be the hottest team right now. Comes down to the wire and LWE has an excellent kicker.
I won't even eat the Turkey cause it'll be brown.

Reactions: RockSoup
STL -25- Vikes won by 43 a few weeks ago. I'll give De La Salle 14 back, Vikes still in by 29.

Rita -14- Rita keeps rolling big

WB +14- As Rock stated above, MC sucks at covering the spread. I don't care if they win by 1, Just Win MC!!!

NAZ -11- Decent game but Naz covers by a few points

BR +13- I'm thinking Warren 24-13

Marist +14- LWE wins by 10.

MC will PUSH

St Laurence -25
Rita -14
Willowbrook +14
Naz -11
Rice +13
Marist +14

Where’s Dusty? He’s been fairly confident all year by this part of the week. I’m picturing him still breaking down film in his laboratory ( and I’m pronouncing it the funny way). Is this good news for Willowbrook?

Reactions: Oop-dee-oop_4
I'm picking all the dogs to beat the spread ... but not to win.

I could be wrong as there's no innate value to losing close in a playoff game, thus a team might be going for it on 4th down in the 3rd quarter and putting themselves further in the hole. But if that's true, a team must be in reach, so the games will be close. Unless they're down early, then it won't be close . . .

1KaAUOh.jpg

Reactions: ESCC Alum

Aside from the Prep Bowl playoff game, the widest spread we have this week is 14 on the usually reliable Gambletron. And congrats once again to the Epicenter of the Prep Gridiron: the South Side, unfortunately not the Football-palooza we had a couple years ago with 4 games possible, but a double-header is do-able.

Prep Bowl:
DLS (5-6) @ SL (6-5), Fri., Nov. 22, 6 pm
neutral field
[2019] St. Laurence (Burbank, IL) 35, [2019] De La Salle (Chicago, IL) 10

5A:
Rockford (Boylan Catholic) (12-0) at Chicago (St. Rita) (9-3), Sat., Nov. 23, 2:30 pm
neutral field
[2019] St. Rita (Chicago, IL) 31, [2019] Boylan (Rockford, IL) 17

7A:
Chicago (Mt. Carmel) (12-0) at Villa Park (Willowbrook) (11-1), Sat., Nov. 23, 1:00 pm
neutral field
[2019] Mount Carmel (Chicago, IL) 28, [2019] Willowbrook (Villa Park, IL) 14

LaGrange Park (Nazareth Academy) (12-0) at Rolling Meadows (12-0), Sat., Nov. 23, 1:00 pm
neutral field
[2019] Nazareth Academy (LaGrange Park, IL) 31, [2019] Rolling Meadows (IL) 20

8A:
Chicago (Brother Rice) (8-4) at Gurnee (Warren) (12-0), Sat., Nov. 23, 4:00 pm
neutral field
[2019] Warren Township (Gurnee, IL) 26, [2019] Brother Rice (Chicago, IL) 13

Frankfort (Lincoln-Way East) (12-0) at Chicago (Marist) (8-4), Sat., Nov. 23, 1:00 pm
neutral field
[2019] Lincoln-Way East (Frankfort, IL) 28, [2019] Marist (Chicago, IL) 14
StL - 25
Rockford +14
Willowbrook +14
Naz -11
Rice +13
East -14

Lawrence covered.
Laurence up 7-0 at half and remained that way until late third quarter.

STL running back had two TD runs over 50-plus. He and the Laurence QB are excellent football players. They're legit.

Our kids battled. Proud of the effort. Looking forward to next season. Jason Moore is going to have a hell of a senior season. Go Meteors.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT