Prep Bowl:
St. Ignatius (5-5) at DeLaSalle (4-6) Fri., Nov. 15, 6:30 pm
neutral field
[2019] De La Salle (Chicago, IL) 22, [2019] St. Ignatius (Chicago, IL) 21

St. Laurence (5-5) at St. Pats (5-6) Fri., Nov. 15, 6:00 PM
neutral field
[2019] St. Laurence (Burbank, IL) 31, [2019] St. Patrick (Chicago, IL) 13

5A:

#8 Chicago (St. Rita) (8-3) at #4 Country Club Hills (Hillcrest) (10-1), Sat., Nov. 16, 3:00 pm
neutral field
[2019] St. Rita (Chicago, IL) 27, [2019] Hillcrest (Country Club Hills, IL) 21

#12 Mascoutah (8-3) at #9 Joliet (Catholic Academy) (8-3), Sat., Nov. 16, 6:00 pm
neutral field
[2019] Joliet Catholic Academy (Joliet, IL) 38, [2019] Mascoutah (IL) 19

6A:
#2 Chatham (Glenwood) (11-0) at #11 New Lenox (Providence Catholic) (8-3), Sat., Nov. 16, 2:00 pm
neutral field
[2019] Glenwood (Chatham, IL) 31, [2019] Providence Catholic (New Lenox, IL) 22

7A:
#8 Chicago (Phillips) (9-1) at #1 Chicago (Mt. Carmel) (11-0), Sat., Nov. 16, 1:00 pm
neutral field
[2019] Mount Carmel (Chicago, IL) 31, [2019] Phillips [Wendell] (Chicago, IL) 14

7 Batavia (9-2) at #2 LaGrange Park (Nazareth Academy) (11-0), Sat., Nov. 16, 1:00 pm
neutral field
[2019] Nazareth Academy (LaGrange Park, IL) 28, [2019] Batavia (IL) 27

8A:
#1 Minooka (11-0) at #24 Chicago (Brother Rice) (7-4), Sat., Nov. 16, 5:00 pm
neutral field
[2019] Minooka (IL) 21, [2019] Brother Rice (Chicago, IL) 19

#23 Chicago (Marist) (7-4) at #18 Wilmette (Loyola Academy) (8-3), Sat., Nov. 16, 12:30 pm
neutral field
[2019] Loyola Academy (Wilmette, IL) 24, [2019] Marist (Chicago, IL) 14

Last edited:
Reactions: IgorStL
I'm just picking the winners...

St Rita
JCA
Glenwood
Mt Carmel
Batavia
Minooka
Loyola

Prep Bowl

Saint Ignatius
@ De La Salle: This one has me confused in that Ignatius' season ended 2 weeks ago, but they are back here playing. I'm going to take DLS only because this "means more" to them as a long time football school. DLS 23 Iggy's 17

Saint Pat's @ Saint Laurence: And for this game, my logic for the other prep bowl game does not apply here. Pat's has had a few good weeks in a row here, but Larry's will take these extra practice/game opportunities very seriously and will work the Shamrocks into submission. Larry's 34 Pat's 13

5A:

#8 St. Rita @ #4 Hillcrest: Great match up here that will be a tight battle for 3 quarters, but the Ponies will wear them down and advance. SR 28 Hillcrest 19

#12 Mascoutah @ #9 Joliet Catholic Academy: Sorry Mascoutah, you have entered the terror dome which is Joliet Catholic in November. JCA 42 Mascoutah 7

6A:

#2 Chatham Glenwood
@ #11 Providence Catholic: From the little that I know about Glenwood, it's that they are very good, but Provi really made a statement with a dominant win last week. Going with my Faith on this one: Provi 30 Glenwood 28

7A:

#8 Phillips at #1 Mount Carmel:
The Caravan got exactly who they want and they aren't going to let this opportunity pass up. MC 35 Phillips 19

7 Batavia @ #2 Nazareth Academy: Sheesh.....talk about a contest. I think the RoadRunners will in the end, run away with this simply due to their athletes, but Batavia will make them earn it. Naz 24 Batavia 21

8A:
#1 Minooka @ #24 Brother Rice:
Minooka is really playing the "no one respects us" card well and playing very quality ball in the process. I have Rice picked in my bracket, but I'm just feeling Minooka this week. Minooka 25 BR 23

#23 Marist @ #18 Loyola Academy: Sorry Marist, you don't beat Loyola twice in 4 weeks and especially in Wilmette on a Saturday afternoon in November with Pemberton back in the lineup. Loyola 35 Marist 17

PREP
Iggy +1 vs DLS
Pat's +18 vs StL

5A
Rita -6 vs Hillcrest
JCA -19 vs Mascoutah

6A
Providence +9 vs Glenwood

7A
Mount Carmel -17 vs Phillips
Naz -1 vs Batavia

8A
Minooka -2 vs BR
Loyola -10 vs Marist

Ignatius +1....like the Wolfpack's toughness
Laurence -18....more experience for STL's talented juniors

Rita -6....what is the status of Irving?
JCA -19.....the Hilltoppers need to bounce back after a very sloppy 2nd half against Mt. Zion
Provi +9....can't pass up the points in New Lenox
MC -17....seems as if the Caravan will be highly motivated for this game
Naz -1....one of the best match ups of the quarters. Speed edge to Naz.
Minooka -2....physical, senior-laden team overcomes the youthful Crusaders. Great match up
LA -10...the spread gives one pause, but can't see Marist hanging with the Ramblers in Wilmette for a second time

Reactions: RockSoup
Iggy +1
Pat's +18
Hillcrest 6
JCA -19
Glen wood -9
Mount Carmel -17
Naz -1
BR 2
Marist 10

Prep Bowl

DLS -1 D and StL seem to be on a collision course for the Catholic final.

StL -18 see above

5A

SR -6 The number is right and I can’t pick a push so I’ll just go with my faith here to plagiarize Digital Cy’s phrase

Masc +19 3 TDs is a lot this time of year bc if you’re up by 3 scores, wouldn’t you maintain the rest of the game and go into the semis healthy allowing a back door cover

6A

PC -9 I consider it an upset if PC covers the number bc this game screams one score game but it seems PC’s mid season slump is over and they have found their way on Offense or they just got healthy on offense.

7A

Phil +17 Again, big number for this time of year. And it’s not an insult to say MC does enough to win. It seems this year, they play it by the book and let their Defense control the game and let the offense and Justin loose as needed in the second half. At 11-0 vs a tough schedule, I’d say the recipe is more than working.

Naz -1 Bat has to take the air out of this game. Playing ESL was a great move and they have improved all year. Shorten the game by working the whole clock, stack 1st downs, bend but don’t break on defense and take the game into the 4th quarter. Two great and proud programs in an excellent matchup.

8A

Nook -2 Two excellent teams that do everything well but nothing exceptionally well. Look up the word slugfest or slobber knocker in the dictionary and a picture of this game will be there.

LA +10 Holecek and LA doing Holecek and LA things in November.

PREP
Iggy +1 vs De
StL -18 vs Pat's

5A
Hillcrest +6 vs Rita {off if Irving doesn't play)
JCA -19 vs Mascoutah

6A
Providence +9 vs Glenwood

7A
Mount Carmel -17 vs Phillips
Naz -1 vs Batavia

8A
BR +2 vs Minooka
Loyola -10 vs Marist

Out of MC 11 wins , 6 were 7 points or less

Plagued by penalties all year, Carmel's still limping in the playoffs from self-inflicted injuries. If they keep hurting themselves, they could remove themselves from contention, but that won't happen this week.

Last edited:

Did you see last week's game against GBN? As sivada2001 pointed out, Carmel must have been penalized for 200 yards. Except for the Eisenhower game, they've done much the same all year. Could cost them in the semis or the final.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT