ADVERTISEMENT

Televised and Streaming Games

Does the IHSA prevent live televising of playoff games? Only thing I have found on Comcast is replays of Benet.

www.nfhsnetwork.com/associations/ihsa

There were more than a dozen games last weekend - you can stream multiple games on different devices at a time.

This weekend's games include:
Minooka vs. Barrington
Nov 03, 2017 | 8:00 PM EDT | Barrington, IL

Red Hill vs. Cumberland
Nov 03, 2017 | 8:00 PM EDT | Toledo, IL

Hoffman Estates vs. Lake Forest
Nov 04, 2017 | 12:50 PM EDT | Lake Forest, IL

Lincoln-Way East vs. St. Charles East
Nov 04, 2017 | 2:00 PM EDT | Palatine, IL

Al Raby vs. Richmond-Burton
Nov 04, 2017 | 2:00 PM EDT | Richmond, IL

Plainfield N. vs. Lake Zurich
Nov 04, 2017 | 2:00 PM EDT | Lake Zurich, IL

Central Cath. vs. Williamsville
Nov 04, 2017 | 3:00 PM EDT | williamsville, IL

Danville vs. Nazareth Aca.
Nov 04, 2017 | 3:00 PM EDT | La Grange Park, IL

Eldorado vs. Maroa-Forsyth
Nov 04, 2017 | 3:00 PM EDT | Maroa, IL

Richwoods vs. Morton
Nov 04, 2017 | 3:00 PM EDT | Morton, IL

Monticello vs. Byron
Nov 04, 2017 | 3:00 PM EDT | Byron, IL

Edwardsville vs. Palatine
Nov 04, 2017 | 4:00 PM EDT | Palatine, IL

Effingham vs. Highland
Nov 04, 2017 | 4:00 PM EDT | Highland, IL

Althoff vs. Rochester
Nov 04, 2017 | 5:45 PM EDT | Rochester, IL

Sterling vs. Kaneland
Nov 04, 2017 | 6:30 PM EDT | Maple Park, IL

Lakes vs. Lemont
Nov 04, 2017 | 7:00 PM EDT | Lemont, IL

Reactions: tinman6500
No shenanigans from me, Crusader. Serious questions and comments:

Does Althoff play ok on grass? At least based on the Rochester/SHG game, the Rockets like their grass long. It did seem to affect SHG's speed, at least for a time. I was always of the impression that the Crusaders love turf. Comments or thoughts?

I know you are high on some of the Althoff players and that may indeed stand them in good stead. I just think that this Rochester team is too talented this year to be challenged. No slam against Althoff, just a statement on how I view this year's version of the Rockets. To me, Nick Baker is another coach on the field, in addition to his play.

How is Althoff at holding the ball and eating up clock? Given the fact that Rochester can score so fast, any team that is able to eat up clock against them would be advised to score at the end of those drives. Otherwise, they are using up clock against themselves.

That's all. Bye.

Does Althoff play ok on grass? At least based on the Rochester/SHG game, the Rockets like their grass long. It did seem to affect SHG's speed, at least for a time. I was always of the impression that the Crusaders love turf. Comments or thoughts?
Turf is preferred, but in Houston, they played on grass - as they did a few times during the regular season. Drive blocking on grass - cleats digging in - should be better than turf.

I just think that this Rochester team is too talented this year to be challenged. No slam against Althoff, just a statement on how I view this year's version of the Rockets. To me, Nick Baker is another coach on the field, in addition to his play.
Going into the season, Rochester had to be considered the favorite. Going into the playoffs, Rochester or Highland have to be the favorites. Baker is like another coach on the field, but what they gained in an even-better Nic Baker, they give up in terms of "elite" receivers. The twins are gone.

And Althoff's defense is much better this year than last.

How is Althoff at holding the ball and eating up clock? Given the fact that Rochester can score so fast, any team that is able to eat up clock against them would be advised to score at the end of those drives. Otherwise, they are using up clock against themselves..
Althoff is a running team, they move the chains some ... and then break a 60 yarder. They've done it all year. As far as eight-minute, clock eating drives, they've not done that once this year because someone breaks a big one. Quite honestly, that might be a handicap if the clock needs to be eaten up.

I think this will be a good game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT