sporthog9er

Jun 9, 2001
LWW (4-3) at Bradley (3-4)
LWE (7-0) at Sandburg (2-5)
Bolingbrook (6-1) at HF (6-1) WCIU Game of the Week
Stagg (1-6) at LWC (1-6)
Lockport (2-5)
at Andrew (6-1)

Picking Lockport upset for the hell of it, maybe Andrew overlooks them a bit. Brook HF on tv, should be fireworks and a win for either team can play a large role come playoff seeding time.

LWW has an absolute must win game at Bradley to qualify for playoffs (face East next week). Pulling for the Knights to get another victory in a real rough year....

Stagg (1-6) at LWC (1-6)
Lockport (2-5)
at Andrew (6-1)

Picking Lockport upset for the hell of it, maybe Andrew overlooks them a bit. Brook HF on tv, should be fireworks and a win for either team can play a large role come playoff seeding time.

LWW has an absolute must win game at Bradley to qualify for playoffs (face East next week). Pulling for the Knights to get another victory in a real rough year....

LWW at Bradley I am picking Bradley because they are tough at home. Really it’s a toss up. Should be a great game

LWE at Sandburg LWE Big!
Brook at HF picking HF at home but should be close game

Stagg at LWC LWC gets their 2nd win.

Lockport at Andrew. Andrew at home and they will not look past the Porters. I still don’t believe in LP yet. New Coach needs more time to fill the holes in this sinking ship.

LWW 7 at Bradley 10 -The hometown refs are the difference here with Bradley beating another Lincoln-Way in OT.

LWE 42 at Sandburg 0 -LWE just too much for a struggling Sandburg team.

Bolingbrook 13 at HF 21 -HF's ability to have a balanced offense and a solid defense will frustrate the Raiders. However, if the Brook can sustain drives and control the T.O.P. they can win this one.

Stagg 0 at LWC 35 -Is LWC the best 1-6 team in the state? All of their funky formations and shifts seem to hold them back from having a true offensive identity. They should be much better than 1-6 IMO. They have the talent.

Lockport 7 at Andrew 21 -Senior night for the Tbolts, chance to clinch a home playoff game with the Brook looming next week. Think Andrew's speed will be the difference against a much improved Lockport team.

Home town refs at Bradley...it is sorta funny how many people reference that when talking about how tough it is to play there. Seems to cross over with basketball, baseball, etc. Why is that?

Home town refs at Bradley...it is sorta funny how many people reference that when talking about how tough it is to play there. Seems to cross over with basketball, baseball, etc. Why is that?

I was not a believer until this year. It's a real thing.

I remember a couple years ago down at Bradley... There were some interesting calls on our TD plays. But I would say I haven't noticed it historically. Now Sandburg on the other hand, lotta cheatcodes there.

There are two times when it just seems like stuff happens against LWE. When they play BB and when they play a CCL team at their home. Historically

Reactions: EastBaby2022
I read that when Andrew went down to B-B 2 weeks ago, they were flagged 13 times for 120 yards.

You guys realize that Bradley doesn’t have their own refs, right? What I mean is, one of the officials there on Friday could be from Elk Grove.
Yea I think we know that. It's just odd that's all, it's a common trend from many opponents that have games there. It is often discussed by a lot of SWSC fans, coaches, etc.

LWW 17 at Bradley 14 -LWW has their backs to the wall and they are well coached, so I can not envision them not making the playoffs. Plus Soucie has them in the playoffs so they have to win this game, which makes me a believer or an idiot depending on thoughts on Soucie.

LWE 42 at Sandburg 7 -LWE gets back ups a lot of playing time.

Bolingbrook 14 at HF 28 -HF's ability to have a balanced offense and a solid defense puts a lot of pressure on teams because they are a TEAM. Bolingbrook can eat some clock but won't score enough.

Stagg 0 at LWC 35- LWC gets their 2nd win of the year in their disappointing season.

Lockport 7 at Andrew 14 -Lockport has their dudes back, plus 4,000 kids, plus massive size difference to their advantage, however Bolts want a home playoff game and this can get them one step closer with a W on senior night.

Good question? They have 2 wins really what dudes? Dudes didn’t show up for 5 games?
I am sorry. I should not of said dudes but they are getting their QB they lost week one when they had their best offensive production of the year. I apologize for not explaining.

I am sorry. I should not of said dudes but they are getting their QB they lost week one when they had their best offensive production of the year. I apologize for not explaining.

Ok
That’s 1 dude but it is an important dude. It will still be a tough game at Andrew.

Called the Lockport upset! Had a feeling the one dimensional offense for Andrew would eventually have an off day.

Congrats to LWW for getting a tough 5th win. Appears it cost them starting RB and multiple defensive players to injuries.

Stagg (1-6) at LWC (1-6)
Lockport (2-5)
at Andrew (6-1)

Lockport beat Andrew which wasn’t a upset.Andrew playing in the other conference goes 2-7 at best

Lockport beat Andrew which wasn’t a upset.Andrew playing in the other conference goes 2-7 at best

It’s not Andrew and the Red’s fault they’re playing against schools 1.5-2x as big as them. Lockport and any school in the Blue should never lose to a Red team according to the numbers. However, Andrew would beat Sandburg like LWW did IMO.

Reactions: Cross Bones
Going forward, it is not likely you would be seeing a SWSC Red team host a Round 1 playoff game in the foreseeable future with the current division set-up by enrollment. You now have 2 non-con games, 4 in your smaller division and 3 cross-overs with the bigger Blue side. A Red team will take probably take 2 cross-over losses annually (from LWE, HF, Brook, resurgent Lockport) and probability dictates one loss either in the division or in the non-con games to produce 6-3.

Reactions: SWsuburbs4
It’s not Andrew and the Red’s fault they’re playing against schools 1.5-2x as big as them. Lockport and any school in the Blue should never lose to a Red team according to the numbers.
The enrollment disparity (some 700 students at the minimum) shows up in regard to personnel. At most every position and one-on-one matchup the Blue team will have a player that is bigger, faster and/or stronger than the Red team player. That seems to be in evidence as crossover records (on the way to a 2-13 edge for the Blue projected after next weekend) are compared in this first season of SWSC play with the present format.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT