ADVERTISEMENT

SWSC Chat

DocOC23

Gold Member
Jul 30, 2019
Not a ton of SWSC fans, of course we have Bones and Corey and a few other East guys, but the Red has been better recently and Brook and the Porters look solid early…
Can the Red make any kind of run this year in the playoffs? Will Brook or Lockport challenge the Griffin?

Some good early season wins so far from most of these league….
Thoughts?

Not a ton of SWSC fans, of course we have Bones and Corey and a few other East guys, but the Red has been better recently and Brook and the Porters look solid early…
Can the Red make any kind of run this year in the playoffs? Will Brook or Lockport challenge the Griffin?

Some good early season wins so far from most of these league….
Thoughts?
IMHO, the Red side will go 2-3 or 3-2 in Week 3 non-cons. The division is relatively balanced so all could take 1 loss in those 4 games. In their 2 Blue cross-overs they will each take 1 or 2 losses as recent history tells us. So you look at 7-2 or 6-3 playoff entry. Given the general softening of everyone's 1st 3 non-cons, the playoff points from those opponents look marginal. However, the playoff points of division opponents notch up due to the same reason. For points from their Blue cross-overs, they are 8-2 collectively in the first 2 weeks, but Week 3 vs the DVC might not produce such a winning percentage. So ... tough to expect to host a 1st round playoff game under these conditions, but revisiting the situation weekly will result in more clarity. Just a guess at this point in time.

IMHO, the Red side will go 2-3 or 3-2 in Week 3 non-cons. The division is relatively balanced so all could take 1 loss in those 4 games. In their 2 Blue cross-overs they will each take 1 or 2 losses as recent history tells us. So you look at 7-2 or 6-3 playoff entry. Given the general softening of everyone's 1st 3 non-cons, the playoff points from those opponents look marginal. However, the playoff points of division opponents notch up due to the same reason. For points from their Blue cross-overs, they are 8-2 collectively in the first 2 weeks, but Week 3 vs the DVC might not produce such a winning percentage. So ... tough to expect to host a 1st round playoff game under these conditions, but revisiting the situation weekly will result in more clarity. Just a guess at this point in time.
Good observation and I agree. This week will tell us more about all the Lincoln-Ways. A side from the Lincoln-Way teams I wouldn’t fall a sleep on Lockport or Bolingbrook.

Bradley seems to be clicking twitch Kohl at QB, Andrew dropped one to a very good Oswego team but they are an 8 A school as it stands…I should have mentioned johndoe with the red blue stuff…
Conferences are set to give opportunities, not to set you up to win…that’s on the school.

Lockport was not very good a few years back, regardless of red or blue…

Just trying to stir some conversation about some other schools…
T-Bolt fans? Warriors…what are your thoughts about the Brook leaving?
What will happen next year?

Bradley seems to be clicking twitch Kohl at QB, Andrew dropped one to a very good Oswego team but they are an 8 A school as it stands…I should have mentioned johndoe with the red blue stuff…
Conferences are set to give opportunities, not to set you up to win…that’s on the school.

What happens next year? Get used to seeing the DVC opponents on a more regular basis.🤫

Can anyone beat LWE? Maybe Sandburg or Bradley, they seem to be the teams capable. Even when other conference foes win state championships....they don't beat LWE.

LWW and LWC look to have the best chances at going into the playoffs 7-2 or better. Whatever that means for the post season.

Reactions: johnndoe
Can anyone beat LWE? Maybe Sandburg or Bradley, they seem to be the teams capable. Even when other conference foes win state championships....they don't beat LWE.

LWW and LWC look to have the best chances at going into the playoffs 7-2 or better. Whatever that means for the post season.
Let us recall Bradley taking East into OT last year down south in Week 8.

Playoff points will be very high for the SWSC with their non-con performances. The Red should be a very fun conference this year. Bradley, LWW, LWC, and Andrew are all pretty equal IMO. The LWC-Evanston score was an eye-opener. Bradley's offense will be tough to stop. LWW has some dangerous speed and should bounce back from last year. Andrew is very young but talented.

If LWC can knock off O'Fallon then I think they could realistically got 8-1 or 7-2 at worst. Would be a huge turnaround for the Knights. LWW vs LWC week 4 looms LARGE for the Red.

Like @SWsuburbs4 said, the Red could actually be very fun this year. Bradley is no joke and Andrew should play anyone tough.

Reactions: SWsuburbs4
Porters improved from last year but don't think they are built to challenge the Griffins. Games vs HF and Brook are more intriguing than I anticipated them to be at the start of the season. Every team in the Red seems improved from last year (possible exception: Stagg)

Bradley is never a joke. Everytime they play the Griffins they are a very tough out. Everyone has that one team that causes you problems. For LWE is is Bradley.

Reactions: corey90
As for leaving the SWSC, its going to be a process. Ever since I've followed football we've been playing SICA/SWSC teams. logistically I suppose it was inevitable as I've always felt we're more West Suburbs than South and the only close SWSC foe is Lockport.

We have to beat HF and never schedule them again to make sure we keep the Alec Anderson Trophy for all times. Closest thing we have to rivals are LWE and HF, so it'll be interesting to see what sprouts out of the change. Maybe Plainfield E since they sit at the edge of town on the Bolingbrook Golf Course. Who knows? Hoops will be obviously Joliet West and Oswego East.

As for leaving the SWSC, its going to be a process. Ever since I've followed football we've been playing SICA/SWSC teams. logistically I suppose it was inevitable as I've always felt we're more West Suburbs than South and the only close SWSC foe is Lockport.

We have to beat HF and never schedule them again to make sure we keep the Alec Anderson Trophy for all times. Closest thing we have to rivals are LWE and HF, so it'll be interesting to see what sprouts out of the change. Maybe Plainfield E since they sit at the edge of town on the Bolingbrook Golf Course. Who knows? Hoops will be obviously Joliet West and Oswego East.

Be honest Bones... you guys are just trying to escape from Andrew.

• Haha
Reactions: Cross Bones
Be honest Bones... you guys are just trying to escape from Andrew.
The biggest regret is not being able to pummel Andrew the way they should be done. From 2005 to 2018 no Andrew on the schedule somehow. Then in 2019 I was going to really savor the beating one would have to assume was coming, then we lose that game. Next year? COVID. I think we played and won, but I didn't see it and it would be unsatisfying.

Might have to let the new GM know about our thirst for revenge for future scheduling.

Reactions: SWsuburbs4
What happens next year? Get used to seeing the DVC opponents on a more regular basis.🤫
I'm very interested to see what happens with the long rumored DVC/SWSC merge. Will this happen just for football? All sports? Football it make sense. I'm not sure the conferences need each other for basketball and/or baseball. Baseball in particular could do away with the red/blue divisions in SWSC and just have one conference. Would be a bloodbath with the baseball talent in the area duking it out for a conference title.

I'm very interested to see what happens with the long rumored DVC/SWSC merge. Will this happen just for football? All sports? Football it make sense. I'm not sure the conferences need each other for basketball and/or baseball. Baseball in particular could do away with the red/blue divisions in SWSC and just have one conference. Would be a bloodbath with the baseball talent in the area duking it out for a conference title.
Sophomore kickoffs scheduled for 4:30 on a Friday afternoon could be a reach between many of the schools in the 2 conferences.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT