ADVERTISEMENT

Sterling 50 - Payton 0 FINAL

Swansa01

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2017
Opening kick off starts with Sterling getting a safety...very weird start.

Sterling gets a stop on 4th and methodically drives down for a score. 20ish yard pass. 14 plays - 79 yards.

Nothing against Payton but I can’t believe this team is 9-0 the CPL is at a totally different level to be getting beat this bad by a 4-5 team

It's looks like a varsity football team vs. a mediocre J-V squad. ... It's been a while since I have watched a game this lopsided. Is there no more running clock once the margin between teams reaches 35 points or don't they do it in the playoffs?

Sterling's back ups take the opening drive right down the field...10 yrd TD run.

Nothing against Payton but I can’t believe this team is 9-0 the CPL is at a totally different level to be getting beat this bad by a 4-5 team
Payton 9-0 would be like having a conference with Berwyn Cicero Morton,Urbana,Joliet Central,Thornridge,Proviso West,Walther Lutheran & Westmont & winning that conference & going 9-0(playing 3 even weaker teams than you non conference) It wouldn't bode well

Reactions: rjjtwest
Is this a Feeto upset? and you ppl think the CPL Blue don't belong in the playoffs? Couldn't do any worse & another CPS team lost 71 or 72 to 0

Is this a Feeto upset? and you ppl think the CPL Blue don't belong in the playoffs? Couldn't do any worse & another CPS team lost 71 or 72 to 0
The 72-0 made sense because it was 9-0 Byron who has hammered people all season. This one did not make sense to me at least...I figured it would have been like 35-14...not a 50-0 game at wasn't even that close.

Ok, found a vid of it. Kick hit the returner, ball went into the endzone, returner picked it up and was tackled in the endzone.
Based on this description it should have been a touchback. I really hope the refs didn’t screw this up.

Payton needs to be in the Public - Red. They certainly wouldn't be 9-0 and likely wouldn't even be in the playoffs, but it beats running through an inferior conference and getting absolutely embarrassed like this.

Makes me long for the 2019 payton team that beat tinely park to start the season and then played Fenwick to 4 points in a first-round barnburner.

Best of luck to Sterling next week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT