ADVERTISEMENT

State Playoff Semifinals(CPL Style), Part 1

Thereturnofcmonman

Oct 4, 2019
It's just another Saturday night (or day) and I ain't got nobody...I got some money cause I just got paid(time to buy NFHS for a week!!!), how I wish I had someone to talk to(nah, I'm good), I'm in an awful way(no more games at Winnemac, Stagg, Eckersall, Rockne and Lane....)

We have reached the semi-finals!!!!!!!!! Let's get to the picks(8A thru 5A)!

Lockport Porters @ Loyola Ramblers
"The old hometown, it looks the same(Nah, I'm not from Wilmette)..as I step down from the train(nah, I got my recliner so I'm good this weekend), and there to meet me is my mama and papa(they're bringing the pizza and wings!), Down the road I look and there runs Mary(she wants to watch the game!!!), hair of gold and lips like cherries(damn it, I forgot to pick up cherry pie for dessert), it's good to touch the green, green grass of home!" Good ol Porter Wagoner sang about the green grass of home, the problem for the Porters is that Loyola has field turf. Lockport may win if it was on grass, but I'll take Loyola on the turf. Ramblers!!!!

Maine South Hawks @ Marist RedHawks
"When the moon is bright on a Saturday night, there's a thousand stars in the sky(thank you daylight savings time)..On a winding road(Keeler is not a winding road), their memory flows, they'll face the facts, they wanna go back(to the state finals!!!!!) They open their hearts to an old memory (of state title games), they close their eyes and they smile...Just ask them if they still think about me(I hope not), and they'll say every once in a while...every once in a while!" That was a deep cut by a country group named Blackhawk...Great group, look them up...I'm taking the team that has hawks in their nickname!!!!!! Wait, that isn't good enough? Oh well, Maine South has to travel South and they love travelling south(especially to places with numbered streets)..Take Maine South!

Brother Rice Crusaders @ Wheaton North Falcons
"There's an endless road to rediscover(not too many endless roads in Wheaton, they all lead to a church)...Hey sister, know that water's sweet, but blood is thicker(see, church again, it's communion time)...Oh, if the sky comes falling down(please, no rain) for you...there's nothing in this world I wouldn't do(to watch this game!). Hey BROTHER, do you still believe in one another?" Well, I believe in Brother Rice and all of the other church brothers that reside in Wheaton. The Lord will be watching over Brother Rice and lead them to victory.

Prospect Knights @ St. Rita Mustangs
"Met a man wearin a t-shirt that said Chicago is for Lovers. Had a bible in his left hand and a bottle in the other(water of course). He said all you're really given is the sunshine and your name(Yes, no rain!!!!!!!!)..We both started laughing as the sky started to rain(damn it, this wasn't in the forecast!)...Get along, on down the road(Western Avenue), we've got a long, long way to go(should've left earlier)....Scared to live, scared to die, we ain't perfect, but we try!!!" Kenny Chesney forecasted this game years ago on his album Songs for the Saints. Prospect will have to play perfect to win this game, and I don't think they will. Rita!!!!!

Lake Forest Scouts @ Cary-Grove Trojans
"Once I rose above the noise and confusion(come on referees, why don't you use your mics!), just to get a glimpse beyond this illusion(that this game will be close), I was soaring ever higher, but I flew too high(that ball sailed, stick to running the ball)..Though my eyes could see, I still was a blind man(Jameis Winston?), Though my mind could think, I still was a mad man(can we get a call????), I hear the voices when I'm dreaming, I can hear them say!!!! Cary-Grove, my Wayward Son! They'll be peace when you are done(dominating this game), lay your weary head to rest(you worked hard today), don't you cry no more(Lake Forest can do that)." Cary-Grove wins big!!!

East St. Louis Flyers @ Crete-Monee Warriors
"Let's go an see the stars(prospects all over the place), the Milky Way or even Mars(the game is at a chocolate factory???? Yes!!!!!!), where it could just be ours(chocolate bars for everyone!!!!!). Let's fade into the sun(at 4:30 PM), and let your spirit fly...I want to get away, I want to get away, I'll FLY away!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, Yeah!!!!!!" Crete-Monee should've went to the chocolate factory instead of the football field this week, because they would have been much happier. East St. Louis in a landslide!

Sycamore Spartans @ Fenwick Friars
"Well I was raised up beneath the shade of a Georgia Pine(well, more like an Oak in the Park....), and that's home you know. Sweet Tea(unsweet is better), pecan pie(pumpkin pie is better), and homemade wine(trust me, you don't want me making your wine), where the peaches(or apples) grow, and my house it's not much to talk about(sounds like you've been there), but it's filled with love that's grown in city ground....and a little bit of Chicken Fried!!!!!!!!!!!" I make a motion that fried chicken be served at this game, when that happens I will take the Fryers(or Friars)..Until then, give me the Spartans!!!!

Morton Potters @ Kankakee Kays
"Get your motor running, head out on the highway(we are going south!), looking for adventure in whatever comes our way...Yeah Darlin, go make it happen(I want a soft pretzel please!), take the world in a love embrace(no embrace needed, just a soft pretzel), fire all of your guns at once and explode into space9I want my pretzel before you go!)...Like a true nature's child, we were born, born to be wild!!!!!!!!!!" The music trivia fans will know that Steppenwolf knows who to take in this game...they like their lead singer John Kay, so we will take the Kays!!!!!!

It's just another Saturday night (or day) and I ain't got nobody...I got some money cause I just got paid(time to buy NFHS for a week!!!), how I wish I had someone to talk to(nah, I'm good), I'm in an awful way(no more games at Winnemac, Stagg, Eckersall, Rockne and Lane....)

We have reached the semi-finals!!!!!!!!! Let's get to the picks(8A thru 5A)!

"The old hometown, it looks the same(Nah, I'm not from Wilmette)..as I step down from the train(nah, I got my recliner so I'm good this weekend), and there to meet me is my mama and papa(they're bringing the pizza and wings!), Down the road I look and there runs Mary(she wants to watch the game!!!), hair of gold and lips like cherries(damn it, I forgot to pick up cherry pie for dessert), it's good to touch the green, green grass of home!" Good ol Porter Wagoner sang about the green grass of home, the problem for the Porters is that Loyola has field turf. Lockport may win if it was on grass, but I'll take Loyola on the turf. Ramblers!!!!

"When the moon is bright on a Saturday night, there's a thousand stars in the sky(thank you daylight savings time)..On a winding road(Keeler is not a winding road), their memory flows, they'll face the facts, they wanna go back(to the state finals!!!!!) They open their hearts to an old memory (of state title games), they close their eyes and they smile...Just ask them if they still think about me(I hope not), and they'll say every once in a while...every once in a while!" That was a deep cut by a country group named Blackhawk...Great group, look them up...I'm taking the team that has hawks in their nickname!!!!!! Wait, that isn't good enough? Oh well, Maine South has to travel South and they love travelling south(especially to places with numbered streets)..Take Maine South!

"There's an endless road to rediscover(not too many endless roads in Wheaton, they all lead to a church)...Hey sister, know that water's sweet, but blood is thicker(see, church again, it's communion time)...Oh, if the sky comes falling down(please, no rain) for you...there's nothing in this world I wouldn't do(to watch this game!). Hey BROTHER, do you still believe in one another?" Well, I believe in Brother Rice and all of the other church brothers that reside in Wheaton. The Lord will be watching over Brother Rice and lead them to victory.

"Met a man wearin a t-shirt that said Chicago is for Lovers. Had a bible in his left hand and a bottle in the other(water of course). He said all you're really given is the sunshine and your name(Yes, no rain!!!!!!!!)..We both started laughing as the sky started to rain(damn it, this wasn't in the forecast!)...Get along, on down the road(Western Avenue), we've got a long, long way to go(should've left earlier)....Scared to live, scared to die, we ain't perfect, but we try!!!" Kenny Chesney forecasted this game years ago on his album Songs for the Saints. Prospect will have to play perfect to win this game, and I don't think they will. Rita!!!!!

"Once I rose above the noise and confusion(come on referees, why don't you use your mics!), just to get a glimpse beyond this illusion(that this game will be close), I was soaring ever higher, but I flew too high(that ball sailed, stick to running the ball)..Though my eyes could see, I still was a blind man(Jameis Winston?), Though my mind could think, I still was a mad man(can we get a call????), I hear the voices when I'm dreaming, I can hear them say!!!! Cary-Grove, my Wayward Son! They'll be peace when you are done(dominating this game), lay your weary head to rest(you worked hard today), don't you cry no more(Lake Forest can do that)." Cary-Grove wins big!!!

"Let's go an see the stars(prospects all over the place), the Milky Way or even Mars(the game is at a chocolate factory???? Yes!!!!!!), where it could just be ours(chocolate bars for everyone!!!!!). Let's fade into the sun(at 4:30 PM), and let your spirit fly...I want to get away, I want to get away, I'll FLY away!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, Yeah!!!!!!" Crete-Monee should've went to the chocolate factory instead of the football field this week, because they would have been much happier. East St. Louis in a landslide!

"Well I was raised up beneath the shade of a Georgia Pine(well, more like an Oak in the Park....), and that's home you know. Sweet Tea(unsweet is better), pecan pie(pumpkin pie is better), and homemade wine(trust me, you don't want me making your wine), where the peaches(or apples) grow, and my house it's not much to talk about(sounds like you've been there), but it's filled with love that's grown in city ground....and a little bit of Chicken Fried!!!!!!!!!!!" I make a motion that fried chicken be served at this game, when that happens I will take the Fryers(or Friars)..Until then, give me the Spartans!!!!

"Get your motor running, head out on the highway(we are going south!), looking for adventure in whatever comes our way...Yeah Darlin, go make it happen(I want a soft pretzel please!), take the world in a love embrace(no embrace needed, just a soft pretzel), fire all of your guns at once and explode into space9I want my pretzel before you go!)...Like a true nature's child, we were born, born to be wild!!!!!!!!!!" The music trivia fans will know that Steppenwolf knows who to take in this game...they like their lead singer John Kay, so we will take the Kays!!!!!!
Nicely done!

Reactions: GhostOfTheGhhost
For the first week in IHSA competition without the CPL. It will be tough, but we will persevere.

Porters put luggage away. Ramblers keep all of their belongings in one of those little bags on a stick. Socks in the top drawer, sir?
Porters!

I can't get by the fact that both of these schools use virtually the same logo. Tough to watch. Of course, I'd feel different if it was Oklahoma State vs Wyoming...
South!

Does the Wheaton North announcer pronounce the H in wHeaton ? Now that would be something.
wHeaton!

When I think Rita, I think JJ Fish right next to the school on Western. Catfish nuggets and wing combo for the win.
Rita!

Pinkies out! You didn't hear it from me, but the Rumor is that the Starbucks inside of Lake Forest High has more square footage than the Panera inside Carey-Grove High. Probably will dominate the valet line conversation after the game.
Scouts!

Sure it's a long bus ride, but ESL could walk to the game and still win by 40.
Flyers!

Game at Triton College? Gene and Jude's before AND after the game!
(French) Friars!

Potter vs Kay. Sounds like the final of the Rummy tournament at the local senior center!
Kays!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT