ADVERTISEMENT

St. Rita 28 at St. Charles North 7 Final

Nevada Dude said SCN is "absolutely dominating," so Rocksoup had every right to be concerned.
Final score is what matters. Turnovers and special teams are part of the game. 2nd Half North was blanked. Rita moves on. Good season SCN.

Drew Surges - Should he player of the year.
I figured it was him. I saw his "Player of the Year" type run against Batavia. That was something. Well, your gut feeling initially was spot on with the 21 point victory by Rita, but she didn't dominate, like you initially thought.

I just saw the last few minutes of the 4th quarter. Great year for your North Stars and I'm sure you'll be spending quality time with your son.

I figured it was him. I saw his "Player of the Year" type run against Batavia. That was something. Well, your gut feeling initially was spot on with the 21 point victory by Rita, but she didn't dominate, like you initially thought.

I just saw the last few minutes of the 4th quarter. Great year for your North Stars and I'm sure you'll be spending quality time with your son.
I said it would be close and Rita would win by 14. The second half Rita dominated the game. If you
get in the red zone you have to score points. Second half score was 18-0. What more do they have
to do?

Reactions: chakazulu89
I said it would be close and Rita would win by 14. The second half Rita dominated the game. If you
get in the red zone you have to score points. Second half score was 18-0. What more do they have
to do?
I didn't watch the game.

I was going by Nevada Dude's assessment that SCN was dominating and that SCN "did it to themselves."

Again, Rita moves on, and your point is duly noted.

STN did it to themselves. Kinda sad…

At least I don’t have to come back to this weather!

Congrats Rita. Nice year STN
SR has lost plenty of playoff games in my lifetime where they were the more talented team, so I’m not going to feel bad about this one. Great job by Kuska and the team. It is only fitting that they play MC in Kuska’s last year with a state final birth on the line. I was there in 88.; maybe this time will be different. Regardless, great year for SR and congratulations Kuska on a great career.

Reactions: Gene K.
SR has lost plenty of playoff games in my lifetime where they were the more talented team, so I’m not going to feel bad about this one. Great job by Kuska and the team. It is only fitting that they play MC in Kuska’s last year with a state final birth on the line. I was there in 88.; maybe this time will be different. Regardless, great year for SR and congratulations Kuska on a great career.
Did MC win already?

I didn't watch the game.

I was going by Nevada Dude's assessment that SCN was dominating and that SCN "did it to themselves."

Again, Rita moves on, and your point is duly noted.
SCN dominated what?? You have to play 4 qtrs. And rita took control in the 2nd half. I’m going to say it again, defense wins championships!!

Who is #6 on SCN? Coach Kuska made sure he got a postgame handshake with him, and then the whole Rita team followed suit.
The young man is one best/toughest players I have seen all season. I was worried he was going to get hurt when he wouldn't go down and there were several slow whistles in the second half. Also # 33 for SCN is a very good player.

SR’s defense really was stout the whole game. The D was on the field for 10 of the 12 minutes of the 1st quarter. They forced turnovers and held # 6 in check pretty much the whole game. 1st TD was a gift for SR but I’ll take it any day. Rita spent most of the first half with field position inside their 10 yard line with numerous 3 and outs. But that drive before half got the offense moving and they were driving. 2nd half the Oline was impressive and Stewart and Middleton ran better. Rita’s pass defense was very solid other than the 1 pass with a couple missed tackles that got them into Rita’s red zone. Special teams were huge with a blocked punt and blocked field goal. #6 has some serious jets when he ran down Middleton from 20 yards away. Very impressed with his ability to wait out the holes and make cuts to get positive yards.

Reactions: Wittymoniker1
SCN dominated what?? You have to play 4 qtrs. And rita took control in the 2nd half. I’m going to say it again, defense wins championships!!

Was referring the Q1….Rita didn’t get a 1st down until the 5 min mark of Q2. Anyone who was watching could see it was STN vs STN…. Lol

Rita is a very, very well coached team. They played the game they were in…took what was given… and capitalized on that. STN had questionable play calling throughout. They seemed panicked from the get go on offense.

Long and short…STN GREATLY helped Rita. Rita won and that makes RITA the better team.

I’ve enjoyed this season a lot!! I’ve enjoyed posting on this board more this year than any other because of many of you. Thanks for that!

It’s been a hoot…. Unlike my delayed flight back to Nevada. Thank god O'Hare doesn’t have slot machines like LAS does! It could only get worse if they did!

I guess this is my official sign off. Be well all and enjoy these times!

Rita caught a break last year with an easier bracket, so things tend to balance out.

I am just very happy Rita got to this point. Now, she will be an obvious underdog, but it's worth the damn shot. With some good game planning and Cascia giving it her best, who knows?

Btw, not that MC needed any motivation, but last year's defeat to BR in the quarters in addition to BR almost pulling off an upset this year actually may have given the Caravan that extra motivation.

First SCN has a great facility. Felt a little poor pulling out of the parking lot looking at the houses. I checked the first house out across the street from the school - 975K. I don’t think I could handle the taxes on my pension.

To the game. The 1st half really felt out of sync. Both defenses stymied the other teams offenses. SR had horrible field position the whole 1st half. #6 for SCN had some nice runs and the QB completed a couple of nice passes to #33. Some horrible 1st half tackling by SR allowed SCN some field position.

2nd half has been the same modus operandi the last 9 weeks shutting down the other teams running game and relentless pressure on the QB. Yards per run for SCN in the 2nd half were about a third of what they were in the 1st half. SR’s front 7 on defense put a lot more pressure on the QB in second half and took away the escape runs he had early in the game. The SR secondary had a nice game and has showed steady improvement since week three.

Special teams stood out for SR. Blocked FG and Punts helped set up the SR offense. But excellent kickoff coverage and punts inside the SCN’s 15 flipped the field position from what it was in the 1st half. Talty and the coverage teams had a good day.

Middleton had a nice run But SCN’s #6 has some jets and was able too catch him from behind. I think SCN defense wore out some in the 2nd half. Holes on the running plays for SR opened up more as the game went along. RB Ethan Middleton, RB/WR DJ Stewart and QB Jett Hilding are all back next year. Watching them grow over the last two years has been fun.

SR’s first three playoff games this year have been tougher that last year. Geneva, Prospect and St Charles North are ALL very good teams.

First SCN has a great facility. Felt a little poor pulling out of the parking lot looking at the houses. I checked the first house out across the street from the school - 975K. I don’t think I could handle the taxes on my pension.

To the game. The 1st half really felt out of sync. Both defenses stymied the other teams offenses. SR had horrible field position the whole 1st half. #6 for SCN had some nice runs and the QB completed a couple of nice passes to #33. Some horrible 1st half tackling by SR allowed SCN some field position.

2nd half has been the same modus operandi the last 9 weeks shutting down the other teams running game and relentless pressure on the QB. Yards per run for SCN in the 2nd half were about a third of what they were in the 1st half. SR’s front 7 on defense put a lot more pressure on the QB in second half and took away the escape runs he had early in the game. The SR secondary had a nice game and has showed steady improvement since week three.

Special teams stood out for SR. Blocked FG and Punts helped set up the SR offense. But excellent kickoff coverage and punts inside the SCN’s 15 flipped the field position from what it was in the 1st half. Talty and the coverage teams had a good day.

Middleton had a nice run But SCN’s #6 has some jets and was able too catch him from behind. I think SCN defense wore out some in the 2nd half. Hole on the running plays for SR opened up as the game went along. RB Ethan Middleton, RB/WR DJ Stewart and QB Jett Hilding are all back next year. Watching them grow over the last two years has been fun.

SR’s first three playoff games this year have been tougher that last year. Geneva, Prospect and St Charles North are ALL very good teams.
Good thing you guys have an easy game next week.

Lastly looking at SR stats. Yesterday the SCN announcer kept calling out tackle by "Kingsbury" but was not calling out first names. The three Kingsbury brother all were in the game and had 17 tackles between them and 5 assists between them. The two older brothers have been a pleasure to watch. And the younger one may be the best of the three.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K. and eireog
Lastly looking at SR stats. Yesterday the SCN announcer kept call out tackle by "Kingsbury" but was not calling out first names. The three Kingsbury brother all were in the game and had 17 tackles between them and 5 assists between them. The two older brothers have been a pleasure to watch. And the younger one may be the best of the three.
The apples don’t fall far from the tree.

Reactions: RockSoup
I swear I thought Matt Kingsbury was involved in every single big play on Saturday. Blocked punt on one and scored on the other? Interception. Knocked ball out of Surges hands at goal line. Couple big hits on Surges as well. Big hit on special teams punt defense. Anything I missed?

It really stings today. I can’t believe STN completely screwed themselves.

It’s not sour grapes at all. At this time
Of the year… you need to be BOTH good and lucky.

After all the miscues on the part of STN, I felt they would pull out the win. At 7:00 remaining in the 4th with Rita up 13-7, there was a 3rd and 5 at midfield for STN. This was a good drive that started on their 10yd line. It was obviously 2-down territory seeing how Rita was limited to six offensive points.

STN was able to spread the Rita defense out some on this drive. You had the best player in Illinois in the backfield, but
The OC chose to try and run a TE seam which was overthrown.

4th and 5…. I would’ve still gone for it, but STN punted…. Bad snap again… blocked punt for a TD…. Game over.

Nobody knocked the ball out of surges hands for the record. It was a bad RB/QB mesh on the goal line. The QB held on too long and they put it on the ground.

Two bad snap blocked punts for TDs… missed FG, Blocked FG, fumble on the goal line… and a horrible 3rd and 5 play all. That all accounted for 27 missed pints or points for Rita. That’s the story of this game.

Horrible way to end. This will eat STN alive all year. They had issues with the snaps before. They just screwed up.

STN beat STN… period. You cannot ever do that against a quality opponent who is as well coached as Rita is.

Now… Rita… go beat MC… slow that game down to a crawl…. No turnovers (or blocked kicks) and play your game.

Reactions: steve_stiffler
Surges isn't the best player in the state. There are many great players in the state.
Get over it, they lost 28-7.

It really stings today. I can’t believe STN completely screwed themselves.

It’s not sour grapes at all. At this time
Of the year… you need to be BOTH good and lucky.

After all the miscues on the part of STN, I felt they would pull out the win. At 7:00 remaining in the 4th with Rita up 13-7, there was a 3rd and 5 at midfield for STN. This was a good drive that started on their 10yd line. It was obviously 2-down territory seeing how Rita was limited to six offensive points.

STN was able to spread the Rita defense out some on this drive. You had the best player in Illinois in the backfield, but
The OC chose to try and run a TE seam which was overthrown.

4th and 5…. I would’ve still gone for it, but STN punted…. Bad snap again… blocked punt for a TD…. Game over.

Nobody knocked the ball out of surges hands for the record. It was a bad RB/QB mesh on the goal line. The QB held on too long and they put it on the ground.

Two bad snap blocked punts for TDs… missed FG, Blocked FG, fumble on the goal line… and a horrible 3rd and 5 play all. That all accounted for 27 missed pints or points for Rita. That’s the story of this game.

Horrible way to end. This will eat STN alive all year. They had issues with the snaps before. They just screwed up.

STN beat STN… period. You cannot ever do that against a quality opponent who is as well coached as Rita is.

Now… Rita… go beat MC… slow that game down to a crawl…. No turnovers (or blocked kicks) and play your game.
There are many ways to lose a game, none of them much fun.

Surges isn't the best player in the state. There are many great players in the state.
Get over it, they lost 28-7.
Respectfully disagree. Surges should be… no question.

They lost… correct. Rita and their fans shouldn’t be beating their chests over this one.

Can’t wait for next week when I tell you to “they lost… get
Over it”.

But, they (Rita) won’t lose to a team they should’ve beaten.

Got anymore stupid comments?

Respectfully disagree. Surges should be… no question.

They lost… correct. Rita and their fans shouldn’t be beating their chests over this one.

Can’t wait for next week when I tell you to “they lost… get
Over it”.

But, they (Rita) won’t lose to a team they should’ve beaten.

Got anymore stupid comments?
"Rita and their fans shouldn’t be beating their chests over this one."

Why not? Rita played poorly and still beat SCN by 21 points. Could've been 28 points but TK decided to kneel at the goal line.

"Can’t wait for next week when I tell you to “they lost… get
Over it”."

Are you referring to Rita losing here? If so, I find it ironic how you were encouraging Rita to beat MC in Post #115, and then you post this. LOL.

Might be right that it was SCN vs SCN, but that only because it was SR vs the refs. Heavily one sided and definitely not called equally. Towards the end of the game SCN player landed a right hook to SR #48 helmet and no flag.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT