ADVERTISEMENT

St. Rita 28 at St. Charles North 7 Final

So to recap,

Thor came in and had 2 decent posts about conferences and weather, and 2 worn out posts about recruiting radii and Rich kids vs south side. Poor attempts to rile up the crowd.

Nevada dude is a good dude and I have read his excellent takes all season

I don’t know about DJ offers, someone mentioned Wisconsin but when I looked at DJs twitter page, I saw a retweet of safety Johnny Schmitt’s Wisconsin offer.

Everyone clear? Jeez, it’s only Tuesday, hold yourself together out there! :D

Luv u guys….thanks!

This weekend will make it 22,400 miles of football for me. I’m wondering if that’s an IHSA record? Edgy?

Incase anyone is looking for me… I’ll be the extremely handsome tan dude freezing his balls off!

Go Dukes… Go STN

WSS went 17-1 in non conf games. Yes 2/3 i believe were against a weak WSG but they beat a handful of playoff teams outside the WSC as well.

Only loss was HC losing to a solid Naperville Central team.
I honestly forgot about the 17-1 Non-Conference Record… great point!

I watched the SCN / Hoffman Estates game on YouTube this morning. Weather (wind) played a big role in the game. SCN looked strong in all facets of the game. Their pass defense looked very good. They swarm to the ball on defense. It's no secret the SR likes to run the ball a lot. Against Prospect when their defense overloaded the box SR threw over the top for three TD's. SR only punted one time last week. If SR finishes their drives like last week it should be a good game. SCN QB likes to roll out on his passes. SR needs keep him from having a lot of time to pass and in the pocket. Kicking I give SR a slight edge. This time of the year turnovers and penalties decide most games. But these seem to both be very disciplined teams. The teams that sustains the most drives should prevail. I pick SR by a FG in a very close game.

Good luck to the six SR regular season opponents playing this weekend in the quarter finals: MC, BR, LA, NAZ, PC, and NND.

Last edited:
One of the concerns I have is when the new "15 mile radius" proposal is passed by the IHSA. Wouldn't that eliminate about half of St. Rita's roster? I know they break the 30 mile radius rule already, so what good would the 15 mile radius do? The IHSA already doesn't check in on the fake addresses, fake transfer reasons..etc. Seems like a waste of time to pass that 15 mile radius rule. Regardless, St. Rita should be able to "man-ball" St. Charles North

So asking you for a donation for the heliport at SR is out of the question?

My post of the week so far...

I watched the SCN / Hoffman Estates game on YouTube this morning. Weather (wind) played a big role in the game. SCN looked strong in all facets of the game. Their pass defense looked very good. They swarm to the ball on defense. It's no secret the SR likes to run the ball a lot. Against Prospect when their defense overloaded the box SR threw over the top for three TD's. SR only punted one time last week. If SR finishes their drives like last week it should be a good game. SCN QB likes to roll out on his passes. SR needs keep him from having a lot of time to pass and in the pocket. Kicking I give SR a slight edge. This time of the year turnovers and penalties decide most games. But these seem to both be very disciplined teams. The teams that sustains the most drives should prevail. I pick SR by a FG in a very close game.

Good luck to the six SR regular season opponents playing this weekend in the quarter finals: MC, BR, LA, NAZ, PC, and NND.
Great write up loner!

Six opponents still in the playoffs? STN only has three….and there’s your line! I have it at SR -3.5.

Only thing I have to say…and proudly btw…size matters (Lol)…. Rita has a lot of big athletic kids. This comes down to speed vs size.

Can’t wait…. This is my most exciting 3200 mile trip yet!

I have enough miles for one more trip after this…. so help me spend em STN!

Btw… how did STN get stuck in the Catholic League North Playoff Division?… kidding…. But kinda funny to look at the bracket.

Good luck to both… and stay healthy!

Winner plays rice!

Reactions: Gene K.
Quick question. I see that the other Rita running back, Ethan Middleton, has an offer from Penn State is this true? Also, looks like DJ is your primary back and why are you not starting Middleton at receiver? Their probably are valid reasons he’s not, but just seems like a natural spot for the kid and to maximize your weapons

Great write up loner!

Six opponents still in the playoffs? STN only has three….and there’s your line! I have it at SR -3.5.

Only thing I have to say…and proudly btw…size matters (Lol)…. Rita has a lot of big athletic kids. This comes down to speed vs size.

Can’t wait…. This is my most exciting 3200 mile trip yet!

I have enough miles for one more trip after this…. so help me spend em STN!

Btw… how did STN get stuck in the Catholic League North Playoff Division?… kidding…. But kinda funny to look at the bracket.

Good luck to both… and stay healthy!

Winner plays rice!
SR has played Geneva, Prospect and this Saturday St. Charles North. All quality programs. To be honest I'd rather play a program I disliked. It's hard not to like these teams. SR has a monthly luncheon for Alumni who have graduated more than 40 years ago or more. I was there yesterday (and no I did not sign my will over to the school). NO one is talking the MC/BR game at all. Looking to the next week only leads into turning your equipment on Monday. SR realizes that SCN is a very good team.

And I totally agree: Good luck to both… and stay healthy!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jenny27 and Gene K.
What uniform is SR wearing Saturday?
Since tomorrow is Veterans day maybe these

63173fda346e4.image.jpg

What uniform is SR wearing Saturday?
Why don’t you just ask us for the game plan too?!?!?! :D

I hope it’s the 1980 Bears Thanksgiving David Williams’ walk off kick return TD, white on white uniform. Wore it last week tho. And at Geneva last year in the playoffs. With the Danny Golden/First Responders American Flag Fat SR logo helmet for MS4evs and Mrs. Soup. @Wittymoniker1 is going to have to get the flag fat SR decal for you if he can.

Quick question. I see that the other Rita running back, Ethan Middleton, has an offer from Penn State is this true? Also, looks like DJ is your primary back and why are you not starting Middleton at receiver? Their probably are valid reasons he’s not, but just seems like a natural spot for the kid and to maximize your weapons
You’re not the first one to ask. Ethan blew by ‘according to Prospects announcers’ Prospects fastest player but the pass missed by 10 yards. He’s a game breaker that hasn’t got the reps early in the game to show off everything, then gets a pass in the first series vs Prospect and coughs it up in the redzone. Can’t have that at all in the playoffs.

But if you read my previous posts in this thread and others since I’ve gotten on complaining about it, the split backfield is their most dangerous formation and we’ve seen it only a dozen to 20 times this year. I’ve heard it invites too many it the box, ok motion him out and see the defense declare their coverage. I’ve heard the H Back affords a better block, but splitting the Ds attention can help a play too and it’s not like E or DJ can’t block.

I hope not doing it, not wanting to do it, not able to do it, not strategically wanting to do it because us fans are dumb does not hurt the team this week as the competition stiffens or any week they are fortunate to play

Last edited:
What uniform is STN wearing
As home team any combo they want. SR has a lot of options. Two different helmets, three different pant colors, and five or six different jerseys. The US Army sponsored a game at which police officer Danny Golden was honored. Hence the camo Jersey's.

Last edited:
Another 1600 miles in my rear view mirror.

It’s cold as balls here! Why do you people live in this crap? How did I ever Live in this crap?

Let’s roll STN!

• Haha
Reactions: Gene K.
Another 1600 miles in my rear view mirror.

It’s cold as balls here! Why do you people live in this crap? How did I ever Live in this crap?

Let’s roll STN!
It literally was 75 on Thursday. How soon you forget Chicago weather.

Boy, it sure would be nice to be able to watch this game on NFHS - a “service” I pay for. Currently, no games in the state of Illinois are working. When you go to the game, it starts from the beginning and there is no way to skip to live. IHSA and NFHS are crooks.
I got about 15 minutes of the SR game and then it went out.

Reactions: dweise
Congrats to Rita. CCL semi next week. I believe Rita will be hosting either way, correct me if I’m wrong.

Reactions: chakazulu89
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT