ADVERTISEMENT

St. Rita 28 at St. Charles North 7 Final

RockSoup

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2009
Another step up in class for the Mustangs on the road vs a team that beat 2 other 7A state quarterfinalists in Batavia and Lake Zurich and I am concerned.

My concerns are:

1) Can the Mustangs stop patting themselves on their back long enough to prepare correctly for the Stars who are physical enough to take them on? You don’t beat Batavia and Lake Zurich if you are not a physical team.

2) 30 266 . That’s what Chris Childers ran for St. Rita at St. Charles North in the second round in 2017. So everyone expects DJ Stewart to run all over the Stars. I don’t think that can happen without matching the intensity and tenacity they showed vs Prospect Friday night. Recency Bias makes one think they can replicate the execution they displayed this past weekend.

3) I don’t know if we’ll ever see the split backfield with Ethan Middleton and DJ Stewart pulling the Ds attention two ways and with the way QB Jett Hilding can tuck it 3 ways but so far it looks like their content with how things are and I don’t know if that’s good enough as the competition stiffens.

4) Speaking of QB Jett, great game vs Prospect. I’ll gladly eat the crow soup but if a post or fly pattern gets as open as Ethan did vs Prospects fastest defender, the play has to be made. The weather gets worse and the competition gets better and windows get tighter. Can’t leave points on the field. Beautiful job all game Friday but darn it, incredible job in the red zone. Now they know, teams will adjust.

5) BR at MC Are teenagers talking about the winner of that one already? Because the Stars and Drew Surge have something to say about that and will do everything humanly possible, trick plays, fake punts, onsides. It don’t matter. St, Rita has ended the Stars season twice? In the playoffs and they’ll be darned if you think your going to waltz into their house thinking about your neighborhood rivals

Good Luck Mustangs, Good health to the Stars, strap it up, knock the crap out of each other and may the best team win

Size matters. The line size on both sides of the ball for Rita will win his game .
North is physical, but so is Rita. Eventually talent will take over. I have seen both
teams play and I will take Rita in his game.

Another step up in class for the Mustangs on the road vs a team that beat 2 other 7A state quarterfinalists in Batavia and Lake Zurich and I am concerned.

My concerns are:

1) Can the Mustangs stop patting themselves on their back long enough to prepare correctly for the Stars who are physical enough to take them on? You don’t beat Batavia and Lake Zurich if you are not a physical team.

2) 30 266 . That’s what Chris Childers ran for St. Rita at St. Charles North in the second round in 2017. So everyone expects DJ Stewart to run all over the Stars. I don’t think that can happen without matching the intensity and tenacity they showed vs Prospect Friday night. Recency Bias makes one think they can replicate the execution they displayed this past weekend.

3) I don’t know if we’ll ever see the split backfield with Ethan Middleton and DJ Stewart pulling the Ds attention two ways and with the way QB Jett Hilding can tuck it 3 ways but so far it looks like their content with how things are and I don’t know if that’s good enough as the competition stiffens.

4) Speaking of QB Jett, great game vs Prospect. I’ll gladly eat the crow soup but if a post or fly pattern gets as open as Ethan did vs Prospects fastest defender, the play has to be made. The weather gets worse and the competition gets better and windows get tighter. Can’t leave points on the field. Beautiful job all game Friday but darn it, incredible job in the red zone. Now they know, teams will adjust.

5) BR at MC Are teenagers talking about the winner of that one already? Because the Stars and Drew Surge have something to say about that and will do everything humanly possible, trick plays, fake punts, onsides. It don’t matter. St, Rita has ended the Stars season twice? In the playoffs and they’ll be darned if you think your going to waltz into their house thinking about your neighborhood rivals

Good Luck Mustangs, Good health to the Stars, strap it up, knock the crap out of each other and may the best team win
If I remember right in that 2017 game SR was an underdog. Because of an injury/concussion to the QB SR had to play their backup QB. Chris Childers basically carried the team on his back. There were two plays in which he jumped over the tackler. Chris had 266 yards on 30 carries and 40 yards receiving for 306 total. Lake Zurich ended SR's season the following week.

Last edited:
Reactions: RockSoup
Size matters. The line size on both sides of the ball for Rita will win his game .
North is physical, but so is Rita. Eventually talent will take over. I have seen both
teams play and I will take Rita in his game.
I don’t see it. The DuKane is way more smash mouth than the mid-suburban. The last DuKane champ to play St. Rita beat them 35-6. I retain my right to be concerned.

One of the concerns I have is when the new "15 mile radius" proposal is passed by the IHSA. Wouldn't that eliminate about half of St. Rita's roster? I know they break the 30 mile radius rule already, so what good would the 15 mile radius do? The IHSA already doesn't check in on the fake addresses, fake transfer reasons..etc. Seems like a waste of time to pass that 15 mile radius rule. Regardless, St. Rita should be able to "man-ball" St. Charles North!

One of the concerns I have is when the new "15 mile radius" proposal is passed by the IHSA. Wouldn't that eliminate about half of St. Rita's roster? I know they break the 30 mile radius rule already, so what good would the 15 mile radius do? The IHSA already doesn't check in on the fake addresses, fake transfer reasons..etc. Seems like a waste of time to pass that 15 mile radius rule. Regardless, St. Rita should be able to "man-ball" St. Charles North!
Who do you guys think plays in a tougher conference? The CCL is legendary, but the DuKane is a bloodbath every week.

DJ Stewart is absolute handful.
Yeah he is. Wish he would be a little more decisive when he hits the hole though. At times, he tries to find a hole or his first couple steps are slow and he gets bottled up in the backfield. He's a big boy, just get those pads going north/south. Should be a great game.

Reactions: Alexander32
So asking you for a donation for the heliport at SR is out of the question?

Yeah he is. Wish he would be a little more decisive when he hits the hole though. At times, he tries to find a hole or his first couple steps are slow and he gets bottled up in the backfield. He's a big boy, just get those pads going north/south. Should be a great game.
When the QB doesn't do the RPO and hands it straight off to DJ similar to an I-formation, he hits that hole very well.

I would like to see that more often because it's a semi barreling through there and more yardage is gained.

Who do you guys think plays in a tougher conference? The CCL is legendary, but the DuKane is a bloodbath every week.
CCL Blue
DuKane
Southwest Suburban Blue
CCL Green
WSS

All quality football played in those conferences above and a little bit in order. Different years play out differently but I can watch many games in those conferences and see good football

The CCL is a strong conference obviously but with the 4 team conferences, you do get plenty of crossovers.

Now the old 5 team or 6 team Blue that was wild. And around the 2000s the Chicago Catholic Metro Conferences, yikes, that was a game of the year every week!

He’s so strong though. His ability to shed tacklers more than makes up for his purported indecision. I was real impressed watching the SR/Prospect tape. I don’t think Prospect was known for their defense this year but Stewart was still impressive nonetheless.

I hope the Mustangs can get out of St Charles alive to face either of their former Blue nemeses. (Rita outside of the Blue is still, and will always be, an unmitigated abomination in my humble opinion).

CCL Blue and WSS are 1-2 any order at the top, but the Dukane probably has the most depth imo.

I don’t see it. The DuKane is way more smash mouth than the mid-suburban. The last DuKane champ to play St. Rita beat them 35-6. I retain my right to be concerned.
Great work Rock! What I saw out of Rita and STN last week gives me great concern for STN.

STN plays “fast” more than “physical”…. But they are still physical.

If STN stands a chance, they need to get Out to a lead early using their speed….and milk it all the way to the finish line. Rita will wear down their 3-front as the game goes on. Rita has a HUGE size advantage and I’m honestly worried about the O-Line for STN.

I think we’re all struggling with this because it’s a nightmarish matchup for both teams.

Coaching will be the reason one Of these teams moves on, and the other doesn’t. I’ll give that “nod” to STN and their staff because of this season and the performance of this team.

Rita -3.5 o/u 43.5 (respectfully of course)

CCL Blue and WSS are 1-2 any order at the top, but the Dukane probably has the most depth imo.
WSS is a story of the “haves” and “have nots”. It’s not solid top to bottom like DuKane or CCL Blue

With that…. The “haves” are doing great!

Go Dukes!

What role will weather play in the game? With a high of 35 on Saturday, which team is more acclimated to bear weather?

I think Rita wins by 14. Rita also has speed, and I can't see North moving the ball on Rita. North has an
average offensive line. North isn't as good as Prospect (tons of offensive talent) on offense and
Rita did a nice job on them in the second half.

SCN may just have too many rich kids that lack the grit to overcome the tough kids from the South Side!

If STN stands a chance, they need to get Out to a lead early using their speed….and milk it all the way to the finish line. Rita will wear down their 3-front as the game goes on. Rita has a HUGE size advantage and I’m honestly worried about the O-Line for STN.
Now back to some breaking down of the game. Yes, I agree 100%. And can St. Rita replicate the intensity and execution they displayed last week right from the get-go? Because all season long their first half’s left a lot to be desired. If STCN comes out hair on fire like I expect, St. Rita cannot give them short fields or give up big plays. Who sets the tone, the pace will be a fun game to watch within the game.

I’d give an A for effort if it was good trolling because I enjoy a good troll but It’s been low quality trollin. F
Ok…. When I get an “F”, I want
To understand why!?

Also… I am as dumb as I look. How am I “Trollin”?

I am being honest and sincere. From my desk in Henderson NV, it’s how I see it.

My son plays for STN. A lot of these kids who play there and go there are anything but privileged. I had custody and removal of my son through my divorce. I sent him back because he didn’t like it here. It’s tough for a 16 yr old to make friends here. Glad I did it for his sake (I miss him) and it’s really difficult to do the right thing most of the time. Illinois HS FB is honestly one of the best states for it. Sux here!

I’ve been pretty glued in with STN. I’ve flow 19,200 miles since July to see him and to see him play. He and I speak everyday… and during the season, it’s about football which is awesome. He’s a big kid…and he watched the Rita film after I told him what I saw. He agrees that they are in trouble if they aren’t coached up well and they don’t get out of the gates fast.

I hope STN can take on this biggest challenge of the season and do what they do. They have beaten good teams that still remain. I’m still shocked by how well Lake Z has done since they played week 2. After that game, I would’ve bet my last dollar that Lake Z wouldn’t make the playoffs. Good for Lake Z and Ron Planz.

If “trollin” is me giving you my opinion on a team I know well and their next matchup, then trollin I be!!!! I was involved in this game for 32 years so I do have an fair opinion.

This game will get away from one of these teams. That I do know! One of these teams will have to eventually have to play outside of their “norm” due to desperation. When you have to play in that manner… the game becomes unwinnable.

I also told my son that he playing against a legend and that team is motivated.

To understand why!?

My son plays for STN. A lot of these kids who play there and go there are anything but privileged. I had custody and removal of my son through my divorce. I sent him back because he didn’t like it here. It’s tough for a 16 yr old to make friends here. Glad I did it for his sake (I miss him) and it’s really difficult to do the right thing most of the time. Illinois HS FB is honestly one of the best states for it. Sux here!

I’ve been pretty glued in with STN. I’ve flow 19,200 miles since July to see him and to see him play. He and I speak everyday… and during the season, it’s about football which is awesome. He’s a big kid…and he watched the Rita film after I told him what I saw. He agrees that they are in trouble if they aren’t coached up well and they don’t get out of the gates fast.

I hope STN can take on this biggest challenge of the season and do what they do. They have beaten good teams that still remain. I’m still shocked by how well Lake Z has done since they played week 2. After that game, I would’ve bet my last dollar that Lake Z wouldn’t make the playoffs. Good for Lake Z and Ron Planz.

If “trollin” is me giving you my opinion on a team I know well and their next matchup, then trollin I be!!!! I was involved in this game for 32 years so I do have an fair opinion.

This game will get away from one of these teams. That I do know! One of these teams will have to eventually have to play outside of their “norm” due to desperation. When you have to play in that manner… the game becomes unwinnable.

No. I was talking about Thor. You’re a good dude. Good luck to your son.

Per his twitter page just got one from University of Wisconsin-Madison. But let's remember he hasn't finished his junior season yet.
He retweeted safety Johnny Schmitt’s offer to Wisconsin

So to recap,

Thor came in and had 2 decent posts about conferences and weather, and 2 worn out posts about recruiting radii and Rich kids vs south side. Poor attempts to rile up the crowd.

Nevada dude is a good dude and I have read his excellent takes all season

I don’t know about DJ offers, someone mentioned Wisconsin but when I looked at DJs twitter page, I saw a retweet of safety Johnny Schmitt’s Wisconsin offer.

Everyone clear? Jeez, it’s only Tuesday, hold yourself together out there! :D

Jett Hilding lives in Hinsdale, so..

To understand why!?

Nevada Dude,

Rocksoup was typing about thor, not you.

WSS is a story of the “haves” and “have nots”. It’s not solid top to bottom like DuKane or CCL Blue

With that…. The “haves” are doing great!

Go Dukes!
Aside from Proviso West, the conference was pretty strong. OPRF beat the brakes off Fenwick. HC was down but never a cakewalk. The other 4 made the playoffs with DGN giving MC a good game for 3 quarters and the rest still alive.

Reactions: RD_Watcher
Aside from Proviso West, the conference was pretty strong. OPRF beat the brakes off Fenwick. HC was down but never a cakewalk. The other 4 made the playoffs with DGN giving MC a good game for 3 quarters and the rest still alive.
WSS went 17-1 in non conf games. Yes 2/3 i believe were against a weak WSG but they beat a handful of playoff teams outside the WSC as well.

Only loss was HC losing to a solid Naperville Central team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT