ADVERTISEMENT

St. Francis @ Wheaton Academy 20-9 final SF wins

Cat Box

Sep 23, 2012
September 14th.
The (private school) "Battle of Wheaton".
Wheaton Academy shows actual enrollment of 642 (1059 multiplied).
Francis shows multiplied enrollment of 1206.
Wheaton Academy wins the tuition battle $15,115 vs. $12,250.
Francis wins the ACT battle 27 to 25.

All joking aside, I am sincerely interested in this being an annual game with home town bragging rights. I love the Catholic vs. Protestant school match-up, just like ACC vs. AC in Aurora.

Would love to get some inside information on how these teams match up. I like Wheaton Academy in this one until Francis can show they've emerged from their football coma.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Reactions: dkowalczyk
Then maybe the “5A Affluent Catholic - Protestant DuPage County College Prep Bowl”

I wonder why they didn't name them West Chicago Academy instead of Wheaton Academy? Wheaton is just short of 6 1/2 miles of Wheaton Academy.It's like when the news would talk about the great years of St.Laurence football saying Chicago St.Laurence.Nope.Burbank

I have to imagine it is one of the oldest high schools in the state.

I wonder why they didn't name them West Chicago Academy instead of Wheaton Academy? Wheaton is just short of 6 1/2 miles of Wheaton Academy.It's like when the news would talk about the great years of St.Laurence football saying Chicago St.Laurence.Nope.Burbank

If you have ever visited West Chicago you will know why they named it Wheaton Academy/.

The school was at Wheaton College for decades.

In 1945 when they moved the campus to the current location, I have to believe this was "in the country". Neighborhoods have sprung up around the Wheaton Academy campus, but it was likely all corn field and woods. As suburbs expanded, I'm sure the land where Wheaton Academy was located was incorporated into West Chicago.

Doesn't sound so bad to me. 4 guys back on the oline in an offense with a returning back. Lang is good. Offense looks good to me. Not sure about the defense, but I have a bit more confidence in the team than you do.

Reactions: SiuCubFan8
Reactions: Simon "GHOST' Riley
I’ve been told the Sophomore QB has some skills.

Yes they do. I think there are about 18 freshman playing this year BUT I also know SF won't have a freshman team. I think they will have a F/S team and varsity.

As much as I don't like SF not having 3 levels of football, I like the fact they are going with a F/S team instead of dumping F/S and having only a freshman team. I don't think it's a good idea to take a small number of sophomores and moving them up to varsity when you can have freshmen playing on a F/S team. This way sophomores will play instead of sitting on the varsity bench.

Reactions: Gene K. and Cat Box
Clown,

Things in the rear view mirror may be larger than they appear.

Is WWS going to be relevant this year now that they don’t have to play the Villes and Valleys?

Wait so your telling me the Jwar’s trusted source was wrong? He insisted the SF fans who were only expecting 18 freshman were wrong since it would clearly be more.

Reactions: Cat Box
Clown,

Things in the rear view mirror may be larger than they appear.

Is WWS going to be relevant this year now that they don’t have to play the Villes and Valleys?

WWS will be relevant as long as you have to keep asking the question, find some new material.

If the list is complete and accurate yes, I did notice one Freshman on the varsity roster not on the freshman roster so I guess it’s possible not everyone is on yet. Be that as it may if there are quality players and success the program will grow as the win totals increase.

On a different topic PJJP, did you hear Mt Carmel is adapting their offense, I honestly think that was the biggest or most shocking news this week re Illinois football.

Are you surprised at only 16 Freshmen? Looks like a multi-year process eh?

On a different topic PJJP, did you hear Mt Carmel is adapting their offense, I honestly think that was the biggest or most shocking news this week re Illinois football.
I did see that. Honestly, not too surprised. Lynch played in a much more sophisticated offense at NIU. It stands to reason he would bring some of those principles to MC.

September 14th.
The (private school) "Battle of Wheaton".
Wheaton Academy shows actual enrollment of 642 (1059 multiplied).
Francis shows multiplied enrollment of 1206.
Wheaton Academy wins the tuition battle $15,115 vs. $12,250.
Francis wins the ACT battle 27 to 25.

All joking aside, I am sincerely interested in this being an annual game with home town bragging rights. I love the Catholic vs. Protestant school match-up, just like ACC vs. AC in Aurora.

Would love to get some inside information on how these teams match up. I like Wheaton Academy in this one until Francis can show they've emerged from their football coma.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Here you go Cat Box....
I have to take WA in this one.

Bobby Mac's Spartans are 3-0 - seems like they're emerging from their "football coma." In last 2 games offense scores 35 each game and defense gives up only one TD. Are the WA Warriors still aching from the IC bruising?

I think SF wins.

Looking ahead I think SF will win three more games and make the playoffs. McNamara, IC and AC worry me, but even if SF loses to Wheaton Academy, I think they will make the playoffs.

SF wins a real tight game.

CatBox at Wheaton Academy tonight. The WASP-iest environment I’ve been to in a while. Parked next to a sweet Bentley.

Huge WA crowd. Not sure where all the Spartan fans are.

WA driving. QB fumbles on the 4 yard line. SF recovers. Two plays later WA scores a safety.

Halftime score SF 6 WA 2.

WWS will be relevant as long as you have to keep asking the question, find some new material.
WWS has too many titles to ever not be relevant. A few down seasons doesn't make you irrelevant. People still talked about them even when they were down.

Reactions: Gene K.
Neither of these teams impressed me. SF had a better executed offense that eliminated mistakes. WA was missing a few offensive players due to concussion protocol from the IC game. Thorson has a strong arm but not real accurate, made some poor choices. Throwing a 30 yard pass on 3rd and 3 in the 4th quarter. WA running game was not present this week so heavy emphasis on pass and SF did a very nice job in coverage. WA just couldn’t finish drives.

All in all, two average teams. No superstars. SF executed better. Congrats to them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT