ADVERTISEMENT

St. Francis replacing turf

SiuCubFan8

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2007
Arlington Heights
SFHS is replacing their turf and remedied the issues and will be ready for summer camps (if any). Great news that they will be able to play at home, the new stadium with new building is a very nice facility. The turf appears to be blue now, for what its worth.

Reactions: Gene K.
Looks Terrible...I just am too much of a traditionalist....give me green Turf

Over under 3 years before another massive flood.

I don't see any issue with the Blue turf. Bloom's field looks nice. The issue I see is building on what is essentially a flood plain.

I don't see any issue with the Blue turf. Bloom's field looks nice. The issue I see is building on what is essentially a flood plain.
That's the issue I have. You can pitch the field and all the drainage you want. That creek spills its banks where and when it damn well pleases.

Agree with some of yall, I’m not a fan of the blue turf... what’s wrong with green?

Edit: Not a fan of any colored turf other than green, call me a traditionalist as well from above poster lol.

Regardless, good thing that they seem to have remedied the prior issues.. only thing left is to get back on the field, hopefully soon.

That's the issue I have. You can pitch the field and all the drainage you want. That creek spills its banks where and when it damn well pleases.
I don't disagree, I don't know enough to know if they have remedied the flooding or just remedied the issues with the field that was deemed unplayable. Spring is here so we will see......

Reactions: epicbret
It appears heavy rain is coming this weekend. This may be its first test

Did a freshmen game at Bloom last year. My partner had blue bean bag, tough finding it. I Thought it was hilarious
Schools should really check with us first before making these decisions. After all, everyone is there to see us.

Rittenhouse just got his 1st offer from Missouri State...good for him. Kid can play, his height is hurting him on recruiting trail.

Hope he gets other offers since I doubt Bobby Petrino will be at Missouri State long before moving on to the next gig.

The coach at Hope Academy is going to bust his appendix when he hears this.

What’s the story with the field? Reffed there are a few times, but not really from the area.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT