ADVERTISEMENT

St. Francis 35 Burlington Central 7 final

35-7 final.

Is Burlington Central that bad or is SF that good? The 35-7 score is lopsided.
Sparty is off to a 2-0 start. Good for them.

I can see wins vs. Fenton week 3 and ACC week 9.
Games vs. Wheaton Academy, Aurora Christian and Bmac will be a coin flip. They need to find 2 wins amongst that crowd to get to 6 wins.

Is Burlington Central that bad or is SF that good? The 35-7 score is lopsided.
Sparty is off to a 2-0 start. Good for them.

I can see wins vs. Fenton week 3 and ACC week 9.
Games vs. Wheaton Academy, Aurora Christian and Bmac will be a coin flip. They need to find 2 wins amongst that crowd to get to 6 wins.

I think a combo of SF being better and Burlington not being good.

Last edited:
Good for Sparty. My son's senior season (2 seasons ago) was an abomination for all things St. Francis football. Great to see them getting a real coach back in the saddle. Hopefully they can now tap the Naperville Patriot youth program for talent.

Reactions: Gene K.
Do I like it? No. Can I do a thing about it? No.
This whole conference won’t exist in its current form anyways in a few years. I think we will see a reunited SCC (but never MCC) down the road.....

I agree. I believe the public schools in the Metro will eventually bail. The Metro Suburban has great potential in its future.

I think the CCL Red schools (not including Ignatius) would also be a good fit in the Metro. I see Metro as a 5A and under conference for private schools.

I agree. I believe the public schools in the Metro will eventually bail. The Metro Suburban has great potential in its future.

I think the CCL Red schools (not including Ignatius) would also be a good fit in the Metro. I see Metro as a 5A and under conference for private schools.
How does Iggy get such a free pass in the CCL? Do they have an “ACT Divider”?

Reactions: Cat Box
Good for Sparty. My son's senior season (2 seasons ago) was an abomination for all things St. Francis football. Great to see them getting a real coach back in the saddle. Hopefully they can now tap the Naperville Patriot youth program for talent.

My nephew was on that team. The guy they hired was a total idiot and an embarassment. He completely ruined my nephews senior season.

Reactions: NapervilleBuck

Had two other nephews play for Purnell and Fitzgerald........ the second one played for Fitz in 2014. WHat a year!

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
Had a colleague who had sister-in-law whose third cousin was a team Mom under those three coaches that could write Friday Night Lights ll

To SiuCubFan8 and Simon "Ghost" Riley...
I fully expect Startan to beat Fenton this week and go 3-0 for the first time since...
I also think they will lose the next 3 vs. Wheaton Academy, Bmac and Aurora Christian.
But a 3-0 start would be very exciting for the program!

To SiuCubFan8 and Simon "Ghost" Riley...
I fully expect Startan to beat Fenton this week and go 3-0 for the first time since...
I also think they will lose the next 3 vs. Wheaton Academy, Bmac and Aurora Christian.
But a 3-0 start would be very exciting for the program!

I agree they should beat Fenton.
I don’t know enough about WA/BMac/AC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT