ADVERTISEMENT

South Elgin home games

Catch--22

Sep 29, 2006
Lombard
The school is just 12-years old. I see a football field next to the school and plenty of land on Google Earth. I also see that they played one regular season home game at Streamwood H.S. The not-yet-official site for their playoff game this weekend is rumored to be Streamwood H.S. as well.

Why????

Isn't this the district with only a few FB fields for games and they share them?

Yes. Elgin and Larkin both play at Elgin, and Streamwood and Bartlett play at Streamwood. South Elgin built their own field a few years back(used to play at Streamwood too) and play home games on Saturdays because they have no lights. It is all one district so I am guessing they are playing Streamwood because of the turf and lights.

Yes. Elgin and Larkin both play at Elgin, and Streamwood and Bartlett play at Streamwood. South Elgin built their own field a few years back(used to play at Streamwood too) and play home games on Saturdays because they have no lights. It is all one district so I am guessing they are playing Streamwood because of the turf and lights.

If you remember that was the day we had huge rain and lightning and they wanted to save the grass field so they made it up on that Sunday at Streamwood. South Elgin is a nice story of parents and supporters wanting to have it's own home field so they fundraised for it themselves with no district support (multiple schools in that district etc.)

The school is just 12-years old. I see a football field next to the school and plenty of land on Google Earth. I also see that they played one regular season home game at Streamwood H.S. The not-yet-official site for their playoff game this weekend is rumored to be Streamwood H.S. as well.

Why????

It's now the official site. Palatine vs South Elgin, 1:30pm Saturday at Streamwood High School.

Personally I'm glad because Streamwood's stadium is beautiful. Never been to South Elgin's, but it seems pretty "meh" and bereft of visitors grandstand.

If/when the Pirates get by South Elgin, next up might be Huntley...now THAT'S a beautiful stadium. Pirates won a playoff game there in 2014 and that place is nicer than alot of D2/D3 college stadiums. (Though I think that matchup would be at Palatine based on Huntley being home in first round)

It's now the official site. Palatine vs South Elgin, 1:30pm Saturday at Streamwood High School.

Personally I'm glad because Streamwood's stadium is beautiful. Never been to South Elgin's, but it seems pretty "meh" and bereft of visitors grandstand.

If/when the Pirates get by South Elgin, next up might be Huntley...now THAT'S a beautiful stadium. Pirates won a playoff game there in 2014 and that place is nicer than alot of D2/D3 college stadiums. (Though I think that matchup would be at Palatine based on Huntley being home in first round)

Trying to make that game on Saturday 2PM start doesn't help but I'm trying to make it work....also trying to get to Oswego and NN at 630PM

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT