ADVERTISEMENT

South Elgin 7 BR 25 4th

Picture is terrible for this stream. Terrible equals a view from the Goodyear blimp, the players look like ants.

Game - nice 2nd half - so do they play at home vs Minooka or on the road?

Game - nice 2nd half - so do they play at home vs Minooka or on the road?
I’m thinking it’ll be at Rice because Minooka has already had two home games and rice has only had one. Could be wrong though.

Giacomo Iraci is a great football player name and a very good football player. Congrats to the Crusaders!! Also, is the safety that made the tackle for the safety the coaches kid? Sounded like it was Badke?

Giacomo Iraci is a great football player name and a very good football player. Congrats to the Crusaders!! Also, is the safety that made the tackle for the safety the coaches kid? Sounded like it was Badke?
Yes

Reactions: eireog
He made a nice play on the play right before the safety too. The safety was a big play, the game was very even to that point. The safety turned momentum to BR after that tackle.

The entire D played well outside of one series in first half. The O also performed ok too. Next week will be a tough one but overall a pretty evenly matched game between Minooka and Rice.

Totally agree with that sentiment. Though Rice’s D came out to play tonight, the game was pretty flat up until those two plays. The offense showed flashes of what it could be, the defense flat-out won the game. Don’t know much about Minooka. Interested to hear more.

Rice 35 Nooks 13

seriously, great day to be a Crusader, Mustang, Caravan and a Rambler! How did our boys from the Emarald Isle?

Rice is not putting up 30 points on any team moving forward.

Going to have to be 17-10

14-10 type of games moving forward.

Good news is Myles Jones was back and the D played strong.

Reactions: Bowie50
Rice is not putting up 30 points on any team moving forward.

Going to have to be 17-10

14-10 type of games moving forward.

Good news is Myles Jones was back and the D played strong.
Rice is good. Been saying it all year.

Reactions: dweise
Sorry about your Dons, brother! I can assure you that everyone in Ramblerville were pulling for your boys. The Griffins are badass, but so are the Dons! No shame! Reload next year!
It was a fun run for the Dons this year. I’m beyond excited for the future. I really think the new conference presents great opportunities for the Dons. I look forward to seeing the LA/ND series renewed. For those old enough to remember, the game was played on the second weekend of the season. I think playing against the best brings out your best.
I’ll be cheering on the CCL/ESCC teams the rest of the way as I usually do. I hope the Dons can get themselves to the point that they’re regularly playing deep into November.

Bowie says nice things about every team.

Keeps it classy
Most ESCC /CCL guys I know will talk shit til they’re blue in the face to each other all day long, but when they get outside the conference rivalries they back each other. It’s like your family, you fight your brother tooth and nail until someone outside the family takes your brother on. Then you love your brother with all your heart.

I’m surprised you think that as a Loyola fan given what Loyola did to rice earlier in the year
Any given Saturday afternoon. Rice is good and so is LA. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a rematch of last year’s 8A final. Remember, Rice beat the Ramblers 35-3 during the regular season last year.

Most ESCC /CCL guys I know will talk shit til they’re blue in the face to each other all day long, but when they get outside the conference rivalries they back each other. It’s like your family, you fight your brother tooth and nail until someone outside the family takes your brother on. Then you love your brother with all your heart.
I’m proud to be a CCL/ESCC guy! Just a kid from palatine who knows how hard those CCL / ESCC boys hit!

Any given Saturday afternoon. Rice is good and so is LA. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a rematch of last year’s 8A final. Remember, Rice beat the Ramblers 35-3 during the regular season last year.
LA entire team was hurt

Second half of MC was the best thing for BR
Their first opponents and now minooka is because of that lose. They're better than all 3 no matter the seeding. Which is because of the Laurence game not a good half of football after a terrible half of football.

Reactions: mc140
1) QB change that started 2nd half of MC game gave the team a much needed spark going into 8A.

2) The Bartlett game was the first time the whole D played together.

I’ll take 5-4 every year if they’re playing their best ball and healthy in November.

1) QB change that started 2nd half of MC game gave the team a much needed spark going into 8A.

2) The Bartlett game was the first time the whole D played together.

I’ll take 5-4 every year if they’re playing their best ball and healthy in November.

Both things can be true. But a spark can be put out real quick if you're playing a better team.
Ok with 5-4 every year? If it turns into trophies than yes but unlikely, thats alot of loses every year to just win a playoff game or two.

We forget Rice was replacing all 11 starters from their O and 8 on Defense. Couple that with the QB controversy at the beginning of the season and Warren's 6 game suspension, yada yada, I am glad to see them jelling a little more. Minooka is going to be a big test. But I feel a lot better about Rice than I did after the Laurence trainwreck

Sometimes a bad loss helps you out playoff wise and sometimes a good win ends burying you come week 10. If you are around long enough with teams that usually make the playoffs, you will eventually see both.

Both things can be true. But a spark can be put out real quick if you're playing a better team.
Ok with 5-4 every year? If it turns into trophies than yes but unlikely, thats alot of loses every year to just win a playoff game or two.

I’ll take 5-4 every year if they’re playing their best ball and healthy in November. Competing for a state title is the goal. 9-0/8-1 doesn’t guarantee an easy path. Win at least 5 and hope you’re healthy and peaking (or continue dominance in some teams’ cases) in November.

I remember way back in 2018 when Loyola and Joliet Catholic went 5-4 and then...

BR achieved their first 9-0 in school history last year. Pretty cool. But after the state title loss, it really settled in for me (as a fan) that winning it all has to be the main goal. Fairly certain it is for Loyola, Mount Carmel and Nazareth. And Marist has been there twice in recent history, too, so I’d guess it is for them.

Even after BR’s 5 wins, I never left the game feeling all that optimistic. They were missing something on both sides of the ball and wasn’t sure if it would click for them.

Regardless of their 8A opponents, they still changed and executed their offensive strategy after week 9 and their defense shutdown both offenses. No apologies for winning 8A playoff games by 3 scores.

I’ll take health, peak performance and, sure, luck of the draw in November over an impressive SEP/OCT.

Now on to being a huge underdog against the #1 seed...

I’ll take 5-4 every year if they’re playing their best ball and healthy in November. Competing for a state title is the goal. 9-0/8-1 doesn’t guarantee an easy path. Win at least 5 and hope you’re healthy and peaking (or continue dominance in some teams’ cases) in November.

I remember way back in 2018 when Loyola and Joliet Catholic went 5-4 and then...

BR achieved their first 9-0 in school history last year. Pretty cool. But after the state title loss, it really settled in for me (as a fan) that winning it all has to be the main goal. Fairly certain it is for Loyola, Mount Carmel and Nazareth. And Marist has been there twice in recent history, too, so I’d guess it is for them.

Even after BR’s 5 wins, I never left the game feeling all that optimistic. They were missing something on both sides of the ball and wasn’t sure if it would click for them.

Regardless of their 8A opponents, they still changed and executed their offensive strategy after week 9 and their defense shutdown both offenses. No apologies for winning 8A playoff games by 3 scores.

I’ll take health, peak performance and, sure, luck of the draw in November over an impressive SEP/OCT.

Yes nothing is ever guaranteed. There's nothing to apologize for, just stating a fact it was a good draw.
Know you dont want to jinx things but huge underdog idk know about, #1 seed or not. I'd be shocked if it's a clean game and Rice loses. Now when it comes to warren then maybe huge underdog.

I could be wrong and only time will tell but I think be is where they are at because of the playoff draw not because they are all of a sudden clicking. As far as the goal winning state your not being realistic because be has done that once in 40 years . I wouldn't go comparing yourself to loyola mc or Nazareth br is not in there class as far as being an elite program

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT