ADVERTISEMENT

So who's already in trouble???

The good news is the the ESL game is now a lock win.
I'd be a little concerned if I was ESL and couldn't stop NV's passing game. NC unloosed the reigns from Sam Jackson in the 2nd half vs Pickerington, something they hadn't done all year. You should see the comments from the Pick folk.

Last edited:
Reactions: NapervilleBuck
Sadly for the players, consider Rich South (0-3) and Thornridge (0-3). The aggregate scores total 0-162 and 6-159, respectively. The 6 opponents have all been from their Southland conference - and only 1 has been Crete/Monee.

Sadly for the players, consider Rich South (0-3) and Thornridge (0-3). The aggregate scores total 0-162 and 6-159, respectively. The 6 opponents have all been from their Southland conference - and only 1 has been Crete/Monee.
Argo,Joliet Central,Joliet West & Romeoville too_Oak Lawn also

Btw are they playing night ball at Thornridge?Heard it’s really bad out there.They were one of the big ones crying about the Sica split up so what are they doing to keep people safe?

Btw are they playing night ball at Thornridge?Heard it’s really bad out there.They were one of the big ones crying about the Sica split up so what are they doing to keep people safe?
All 5 home games for T-ridge list night starts, but only 1 of 4 at night for Thornton. It has absolutely become dangerous to travel to those sites although the actual stadium safety remains acceptable. I was last in each location 2 seasons ago.

Also on Rich South I know Southland Charter is doing well.I wonder why they aren't playing football?

Don't know, I've been to games over the past couple years at Thornton and Thornridge and didn't see anything dangerous or out of the ordinary. Sure the communities may be struggling like a lot of communities, but the local football game remains uneventful.

Did have an unfortunate event a while back while walking to the field at Downers South (who may also be in trouble)

Reactions: Bwm57
Reactions: flyerforlife
That game is week 9. There is a lot of football to be played before then. As far as ESL pass defense, I am not concerned at all.
Facts. There is plenty time to address it. I'm just saying there are levels to this and Pickerington C is a legit nationally ranked foe.

Don't know, I've been to games over the past couple years at Thornton and Thornridge and didn't see anything dangerous or out of the ordinary. Sure the communities may be struggling like a lot of communities, but the local football game remains uneventful.

Did have an unfortunate event a while back while walking to the field at Downers South (who may also be in trouble)
Last year Joliet West didn't have night games and this year they only have Varsity night games starting at 6:30. No money at the door, you must have e-tickets to enter, metal detectors and heavy police presence. I will say there were no problems at all.

Last year Joliet West didn't have night games and this year they only have Varsity night games starting at 6:30. No money at the door, you must have e-tickets to enter, metal detectors and heavy police presence. I will say there were no problems at all.
I hate going to basketball games at JW with all the scanning of IDs and whatnot. And I've only been to Saturday day games for football. Are they just being proactive or has there been issues?

I hate going to basketball games at JW with all the scanning of IDs and whatnot. And I've only been to Saturday day games for football. Are they just being proactive or has there been issues?
I honestly do not know, last year when we played on Saturday, I just chalked it up to not having lights, but then I saw the lights and asked.

I have been to Harvey and Dolton multiple Friday nights over the years and have never had a problem or worried for my safety. Rich South is the only place I go where I worry about that.

Facts. There is plenty time to address it. I'm just saying there are levels to this and Pickerington C is a legit nationally ranked foe.

By name, not by skill. A lot of teams get the benefit of the doubt based on their name. ESL sometimes fit this category as well.

Reactions: Gene K.
St Laurence & Reavis
it is a shame about St L - the JCA loss will come back to haunt them - too good of a team not to be playing in the 5A playoffs - I see them with W's over DLS and Gordon Tech but that elusive 5th ?? Maybe upset over Benet? Maybe a year away from a deep run in 5A?

Reactions: USD24
it is a shame about St L - the JCA loss will come back to haunt them - too good of a team not to be playing in the 5A playoffs - I see them with W's over DLS and Gordon Tech but that elusive 5th ?? Maybe upset over Benet? Maybe a year away from a deep run in 5A?

They are a solid team today, with good size.
6 weeks is a lot of time in which to improve.
If they strive to improve each week, you never know.

Loser of Marist vs Rice. Loser would have 2 losses already with MC and Loyola to play. Marist would be more in trouble as they have NAZ as well.

Marist is a Rice loss away from joining this list with MC, Naz and Loyola left.
I agree but also think rice is a loss to marist as well. They have MC and Loyola as well plus JCA and Larry which wont be a walk in park. Marist and Rice have neither looked great this year so the loser could be in trouble. This is a HUGE rivalry game.

Joliet West had at least one night game for football vs Minooka last year. A few years ago there was a shooting after one of the basketball games at Joliet West. but they have been doing the metal detectors for at least 6 years for basketball.

That's going to be a great game - at DLS. Could be win and get in...

Reactions: tmjgrady
It makes me very sad.I’m a Illini 8/Sica homer & some schools were a bit shady but very safe.Soph games before Varsity on a Friday night!!! Maybe some kids smoking cigarettes & some fights.Nothing serious.Went to a Rich South game years ago & it blew my mind the changes from the 70’s/80’s and now.

Last edited:
The big thing was being asked what side i was going to sit on.I said Kankakee first half Rich South the 2nd.They told me I had to choose 1.A big metal prison type fence separated the sides.I was like when did this happen? It wasn’t like this back in the day.They told me oh you haven’t been up here in awhile.Things have changed

And the area around the school is not a bad area at all.
I asked a guy a few years ago about why no night games.He laughed at me & said you want ppl to get shot? I said it’s a nice area & if it’s that bad ppl can get shot in the day on Saturday.He said it’s easier for police to spot ppl in the day.This was a West guy

Rich Township is voting on the future of the district tonight. Rich South is not the same look that George Egofske created in the early 70’s. Ironic that the last good team the Stars had was with Hud Venerable at the helm and he left for an all star career and came back to LWC many years later.

Reactions: eireog
Rich Township is voting on the future of the district tonight. Rich South is not the same look that George Egofske created in the early 70’s. Ironic that the last good team the Stars had was with Hud Venerable at the helm and he left for an all star career and came back to LWC many years later.
Very little in this world has "the same look ... as the early 70s."

I was watching that on WGN last night. It seemed like quite a kerfuffle down there. Tom Negovan was trying to squeeze himself into the meeting facing a sturdy group of resistance and squealing that they were hurting him. Worth a chuckle imo if you can find the coverage online.

I was watching that on WGN last night. It seemed like quite a kerfuffle down there. Tom Negovan was trying to squeeze himself into the meeting facing a sturdy group of resistance and squealing that they were hurting him. Worth a chuckle imo if you can find the coverage online.

A chuckle, but it was no match for the famous John Drummond post game live scene

the kids on NC didn’t make the schedule.
Check again. Schedule sign-off. It’s in their contracts. Stop by any of the three or four separate parent sections. They’ll tell you. Three or four different stories. Just don’t let one know you were over with the others.

Reactions: pjjp
Did he do sports much? Seems to me he spent most of his time going after guys with nicknames like "Big Tuna" or "Lucky"...

He actually loved doing sports.

He took me to the criminal courts building with me once. He came up to my desk to ask me to go with and said, "Quags, let's go catch us some bad guys."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT