ADVERTISEMENT

Simeon

Schwab54

Nov 13, 2016
First Robert Smith announces he’s done at the end of basketball see and now Dante is leaving! What’s going on at Simeon? Who are the front runners for either job?

Hopefully the new coach sticks with the scheduling for next year since it would really suck if WWS lost a home game a year after only having three.

I’m not seeing anything on this....is this confirmed or just rumor?

Hopefully the new coach sticks with the scheduling for next year since it would really suck if WWS lost a home game a year after only having three.
If there is a signed contract I think the Chicago Board of Education would have to honor it. Interesting to see who the new hire is. If he has enough juice he will be the flavor of the month, if not I'm guessing it will be Morgan Park High School. They just put in a lot of money to their athletic complex. It looks sharp.

Why is this a story? Dante announces his retirement before the season started so…..
I must have missed that, so todays job positing was first I saw off it and then he’s asking for assistants, it had me confused.

If there is a signed contract I think the Chicago Board of Education would have to honor it. Interesting to see who the new hire is. If he has enough juice he will be the flavor of the month, if not I'm guessing it will be Morgan Park High School. They just put in a lot of money to their athletic complex. It looks sharp.
Morgan Park facility does look great, and they hired a new principal
last year who was a D1 athlete…things looking positive there for sure. As far as the CPL ”having“ to honor a contract with another team…..hahahahahahahahahahahaha

last year who was a D1 athlete…things looking positive there for sure. As far as the CPL ”having“ to honor a contract with another team…..hahahahahahahahahahahaha
Yeah. A few years ago we had a CPS team cancel on us a couple months before we played. When our AD mentioned there was a contract, the reply was, "Take the forfiet if you want, we are not showing up."

Reactions: GhostOfTheGhhost
"honoring" the contract doesnt necessarily mean the game has to be played. There is usually some monetary penalty if a team decides they don't want to play. Or some other concession.

Reactions: Schwab54
"honoring" the contract doesnt necessarily mean the game has to be played. There is usually some monetary penalty if a team decides they don't want to play. Or some other concession.
One thing I know about CPL. Contracts like these are simply things that suburban schools sign and adhere to. If Simeon pulls out of that contract, the CPL won't think twice about it, nor will they ever think about paying any sort of penalty.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT