ADVERTISEMENT

Simeon/Naz controversy

People are losing it on his FB page. Literally stating the refs cheated and wanted Naz to win. Cmon!?

Said multiple times naz needed him and he did what he needed to do. Guy wasn’t reffing but having a ref parent on the field talking to refs during and before the game is a bad look and then throw in the comments, not good. But then again this is a guy who talks shit about high school kids.

Reactions: Gene K.
Said multiple times naz needed him and he did what he needed to do. Guy wasn’t reffing but having a ref parent on the field talking to refs during and before the game is a bad look and then throw in the comments, not good. But then again this is a guy who talks shit about high school kids.
You’re last line is all that matters. You can question his integrity, that’s deserved, but not the officials who didn’t make a stink, who called the game to the best of their abilities. It wasn’t good. They missed a Naz fumble recovery that would have ended it, they took a Naz touchdown off the board before half for a phantom ineligible downfield. The crew had a tough day but I won’t accept the belief they were out to screw Simeon or even worse that they made racially charged calls.

Lastly if you know someone you say hello, that doesn’t mean he was able to manipulate guys who earned that assignment by IHSA to lose their ethics.

It’s an idiot being ignorant, that’s all it is.

The ref guy is clearly a jerk. Regardless of that, or the supposed punch of the ball, or whether the ref called the guy in or out on the touchdown at the pylon, it comes down to some simple clock management. Every time Simeon loses in the playoffs (See Glenbrook North) they complain that the referees screwed them. Every time. It was a good season. You lost a tough game. It hurts. Move on.

Sounds like a lot of twists and turns are developing and coming to light after the fact?

The fact is - Naz won. Nothing is going to change that now (just ask the Fenwick lawyers)

The highlight of the game including the entire ending sequence will be shown on CN100 Sports Weekly Wednesday at 6:30pm and 9:30pm. Watch and judge for yourself.

Reactions: GhostOfTheGhhost
Simeon looked disorganized and confused, but it also looks like that Naz player may have helped to create more confusion and the ref didn't help the situation either. Plenty of blame to go around in this one.

Reactions: Naz5405
[QUOTE="
Lastly if you know someone you say hello, that doesn’t mean he was able to manipulate guys who earned that assignment by IHSA to lose their ethics. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, like when your an ex president and you see the attorney general's plane on the tarmac. Dammit, you stop by and say hello!

This is all ridiculous! The only person showing any class is the Simeon QB. The kid is just amazing!
FACTS:

1) Referees aren't perfect. They miss things at every level. It happens.
2) Simeon called a running play with no time outs left. Nevermind the fact that your receiver had been abusing NAZ all day. Throw the jump ball. He has a 50/50 chance of getting it or you may get a pass interference or worst yet incomplete pass and clock stops.
3) If you are going to run the ball, is there a reason your all state QB is not the one running the ball? (don't get it)
4) Send in two plays- QB begging for next play( look at the video). QB was not even close to line of scrimmage to take snap anyway.
5) Simeon players were not even hustling back to line of scrimmage to attempt another play. One of the players was on the order side of the ball behind NAZ players ( look at the video)

Win or lose with class! It was a great game by both teams. It could have went either way. It happens! There is not a conspiracy theory every time for everything!

This is all ridiculous! The only person showing any class is the Simeon QB. The kid is just amazing!
FACTS:

2) Simeon called a running play with no time outs left. Nevermind the fact that your receiver had been abusing NAZ all day. Throw the jump ball. He has a 50/50 chance of getting it or you may get a pass interference or worst yet incomplete pass and clock stops.
3) If you are going to run the ball, is there a reason your all state QB is not the one running the ball? (don't get it)
4) Send in two plays- QB begging for next play( look at the video). QB was not even close to line of scrimmage to take snap anyway.
5) Simeon players were not even hustling back to line of scrimmage to attempt another play. One of the players was on the order side of the ball behind NAZ players ( look at the video)

Win or lose with class! It was a great game by both teams. It could have went either way. It happens! There is not a conspiracy theory every time for everything!

What he said!

FACTS:

You and I called the fade twice from the stands when it worked LOL, then when they needed it again... draw with the RB and not QB.

So you saw the fumbles on 1st AND 2nd down?
I'm talking about the bedlam on the FB page. Only new footage I saw was the play at the pilon which I think is an easy play to miss as a ref.

There is definitely an aspect here that no one really wants to address. And as one can see from the comments the frustration isn't all a result of this one game. I sympathize with Simeon fans on this one. I also think Naz played a little better.

I'll just say that I think in all facets of life we make decisions and come to conclusions based on our perceptions whether fair or unfair. Due to these perceptions some teams get called certain ways consistently. Then it becomes a vicious cycle.

Wow. Simeon coach on Facebook calling out a ref who is a Naz fan and made some pretty bold comments regarding the game. Racki better get the posse quiet or it may get ugly.

I'm talking about the bedlam on the FB page. Only new footage I saw was the play at the pilon which I think is an easy play to miss as a ref.

There is definitely an aspect here that no one really wants to address. And as one can see from the comments the frustration isn't all a result of this one game. I sympathize with Simeon fans on this one. I also think Naz played a little better.

I'll just say that I think in all facets of life we make decisions and come to conclusions based on our perceptions whether fair or unfair. Due to these perceptions some teams get called certain ways consistently. Then it becomes a vicious cycle.
I did not watch all of this game but quite a bit and the end live.

Live.

There was chaos - and Time was ticking and the QB looking and linemen on both sides of the ball ... and then it was over.

Does this distraction impact Naz’s play Going forward? I hope not, but they’re kids.

We would be talking about this issue on the collegiate and professional levels.

Wow. Simeon coach on Facebook calling out a ref who is a Naz fan and made some pretty bold comments regarding the game. Racki better get the posse quiet or it may get ugly.
What does Coach Racki have to do with another adult's Facebook page? Serious question.

That call was made by a replacement ref who happens to be black and a CPS ref to boot.

The posts claiming that pylon ref should be less fair to both sides and make calls for CPS teams are more disconcerting than him missing a tough call.

Reactions: IgorStL and USD24
That call was made by a replacement ref who happens to be black and a CPS ref to boot.

Which call? I'm not referring to any specific call. Instead how teams are generally perceived and called. My old man, the consumate Oak Parkian (is that a word) all but forced me to watch some episodes of the Starz documentary America to Me, one of the episodes had a quote from Coach Hoerster;

https://www.chicagotribune.com/subu...oak-oprf-hinsdale-football-tl-0913-story.html
Late in the “America to Me” episode, OPRF coach John Hoerster speaks on how he once talked to an official, asking why his team had been more heavily penalized than the opposing team. The official says his team was “aggressive,” and Hoerster said “it sounded like there was something else behind that coded language.”

Clearly speculation from the coach, but he's been on either side of the coin. I imagine Coach Ivlow and Coach Mosel could tell similar stories.

East Saint got bent over in a game we both watched and commented about live.

I did not see that this game.

Did you, Bones?
Being there i didn't think either team was penalized more or less than the other. There definitely was plenty of questionable calls and both teams had TDs called back.

Being there i didn't think either team was penalized more or less than the other. There definitely was plenty of questionable calls and both teams had TDs called back.

I don’t understand why having a TD called back makes something more questionable. I’ve seen multiple people say it here(not specifically picking on your post)as if we are throwing the flag after he scores because we want to effect the game that way. Hopefully the foul being called is what allowed for that TD to happen, in which case that needs to be called because somebody was impacted in the biggest way possible

Some teams foul more than others, that’s not bias or officials being unfair, its reality. If you play an “aggressive” man to man, you’re gonna have more defensive holds and DPI than a team who plays zone and is ok with you catching the ball and making a tackle If you’re playing a superior team, there might be more fouls against you. These are realities, not bias against a team. We honestly don’t give a sh!t who wins your team’s game, we just want to call a good game. Stop with the stupid conspiracies.

I don’t understand why having a TD called back makes something more questionable. I’ve seen multiple people say it here(not specifically picking on your post)as if we are throwing the flag after he scores because we want to effect the game that way. Hopefully the foul being called is what allowed for that TD to happen, in which case that needs to be called because somebody was impacted in the biggest way possible

Some teams foul more than others, that’s not bias or officials being unfair, its reality. If you play an “aggressive” man to man, you’re gonna have more defensive holds and DPI than a team who plays zone and is ok with you catching the ball and making a tackle If you’re playing a superior team, there might be more fouls against you. These are realities, not bias against a team. We honestly don’t give a sh!t who wins your team’s game, we just want to call a good game. Stop with the stupid conspiracies.

Best comment on this thread.

Has Simeon ever lost a game they did not bellyache about? They have been doing this for at least the last 30 years. Why anybody listens at this point is beyond me. They've never looked at themselves in the mirror. The coach never says "Yes, I was an idiot for calling a running play with no timeouts." They never take personal responsibility for anything. Not one single time. Glad they lost. Sounds like the quarterback was classy. Too bad the adults can't be. Ever.

Reactions: ThunderPapa
East Saint got bent over in a game we both watched and commented about live.

I did not see that this game.

Did you, Bones?

I didn't watch much after the 2nd fumble. It was clear ESL was going to lose and I was busy stat tracking KAR in the East game. From what I did watch it was nothing like that Ohio game but that game could be attributed to a few things concurrently.

This is interesting. I saw it elsewhere in regards to a team ESL was demolishing and superior to. The person asked (I'm paraphrasing) isn't it more likely that team x (I forgot who it was) would be holding the better DL from ESL? Makes sense to me, but doesn't mean it's true. Maybe ESL is undisciplined every year and poorly coached and yet are somehow good to great every year. Perhaps they resort to holding and other infractions simply because ESL or Simeon. And the inferior opponents they face don't hold or block in the back or pass interference and they all have great coaching.

Some people were discussing the Marist/HF game. I said it all season HF didn't have the athletes they typically do, they were just playing well this season despite it. Then when the results came in the narrative was that the better coached more disciplined team won. I'll be honest, I've never seen HF play undisciplined or be heavily penalized under the current coaches. I haven't seen every game clearly, but that is just not the adjectives used to describe what actually goes on on the field, win or lose. Something else is the reason HF was viewed to have this abundant athleticism and undisciplined play.

You aren't a good program and undisciplined at the same time. Football doesn't work that way.

This is interesting. I saw it elsewhere in regards to a team ESL was demolishing and superior to. The person asked (I'm paraphrasing) isn't it more likely that team x (I forgot who it was) would be holding the better DL from ESL? Makes sense to me, but doesn't mean it's true. Maybe ESL is undisciplined every year and poorly coached and yet are somehow good to great every year. Perhaps they resort to holding and other infractions simply because ESL or Simeon. And the inferior opponents they face don't hold or block in the back or pass interference and they all have great coaching.

This is a good philosophy and game management conversation. If ESL for example is superior and demolishing someone later on in a game/outcome is decided, you probably arent gonna see many holding calls go against David when Goliath has decided the outcome. Early on in that game however you would think they may be getting more of those. Sometimes kids are so good that they get held and we dont call it because it doesnt have a material effect on the play. I remember doing a game with that kid from GBW, Schutt maybe, and he had 2 o-linemen hanging off him like small children. There was no flag because he was making the tackle, the holds didnt effect the play. I dont think you consistently make your way into mid-November being poorly coached and undisciplined. When you start to play better opponents, thats where you may start to see some of your flaws in technique, talent, or whatever it is and that is likely gonna lead to more fouls. When you play Nazareth, ESL, LWE you are probably gonna see more fouls against the opponent in a close game, vs when you play teams that dont have much talent and competition. Im not speaking to any game or team specifically, just general thoughts.

Good point Bones, In my many years of officiating football I have not seen many good programs that were undisciplined.
Do the good programs commit stupid penalties ? Of course after all these are 16-17-18 year old young men. Every one does something stupid some time. Do they commit them as often as the not so good programs. Probably not.

To back up Chiefs comment. There are five people at a high school football game who don't give a $hit who wins the games. They all have on a striped shirt.

Coaching does make a difference too. You need to be more skilled/trained to race a Ferrari then you do to drive a Kia on a country road. If you have great athletes who are bigger and faster and have the mentality to hit hard, they need to be coached to hit/play properly. Go watch an HF/Bolingbrook game and then go watch Maine East/Niles West. One game is gonna have some big hitting, which may lend itself to more fouls just by the nature of the rules, the other probably not so much. More athleticism and aggressiveness can lead to more penalties if the technique isnt there

You’re last line is all that matters. You can question his integrity, that’s deserved, but not the officials who didn’t make a stink, who called the game to the best of their abilities. It wasn’t good. They missed a Naz fumble recovery that would have ended it, they took a Naz touchdown off the board before half for a phantom ineligible downfield. The crew had a tough day but I won’t accept the belief they were out to screw Simeon or even worse that they made racially charged calls.

Lastly if you know someone you say hello, that doesn’t mean he was able to manipulate guys who earned that assignment by IHSA to lose their ethics.

It’s an idiot being ignorant, that’s all it is.

it is simply the Hillary syndrome. nowadays everybody can question and make false accusations, just so they can be heard over and over again.
and if you say it long enough, and claim racism, people actually start to believe it.

Reactions: juschill
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT