ADVERTISEMENT

Simeon/Naz controversy

Naz player knocked the ball away from officials and was not given delay of game penalty. Video has surfaced.

Hmm I guess - well never mind. It doesn’t matter because it’s Simeon. Right?

Looks like one of the Simeon coaches putting the film on Twitter. Not going to comment on the refs but why is Jim Rose going on the news saying they got robbed

Per the coaches own words the ball was spotted with 3 seconds left, half of Simeon’s team was in meltdown mode. Their QB was half way to the sidelines complaining to his coaches. No play was going to be run there.

At the end of the day they ran a handoff into the middle of the field with no timeouts. Simeon can blame everyone else but really should look into a mirror.

Regardless very tough way to end the game, season and career for many, very tough indeed.

You have no clear point or position based on the word vomit above

As I told the girls when they were young; use your words.

Why so butt hurt here Crusader? Are you completely dismissing the even remote chance that this didn’t end correctly?

If it were Nazareth that suffered a similar fate to Simeon the board would not view this as simply as most here have.

Doesn’t look terrible.

I will say that Naz player number 7 knew exactly what he was doing. Not only did he bat the ball away but he wouldnt go back to the other side of the ball when Simeon was trying to get a play off.

Reactions: Skins93
Why so butt hurt here Crusader? Are you completely dismissing the even remote chance that this didn’t end correctly?

If it were Nazareth that suffered a similar fate to Simeon the board would not view this as simply as most here have.
You do realize with 3 seconds left simeon players will all scattered and nowhere near LOS. They would have needed to score a td and then line up and convert a 2 point play.

Reactions: Naz5405
I watched the Edgy version and it seems to me Simeon was disorganized on the would be last play and is looking for an excuse after the fact. Any controversy is much ado about nothing.

Based on what I saw - a disorganized offensive unit - I am dismissing any claim the game did not end properly.

Just to play devil's advocate here. If a penalty was called on the defense, that stops the clock here. Gives the offense one more play no matter where they were standing at the time.

That wasn't a swipe. He raised his arms...

People reaching because they couldn't call a proper play.

Again, this is all null and void with better red-zone play-calling and clock-management.

Granted that's not a much fun for you all as going at Nazareth. It's amazing how people can make a HS sports board so vitriolic. I enjoyed it more when it was just me against JCA fans, at least I knew any grief was deserved because I probably typed something stupid. Now people just pile on anything with an N.

I dont have anything against the Naz player for doing that, my issue was the coach tweeting about it and Jim Rose making such a big deal about it

Reactions: Gene K.
Ok Bill Clinton.

Classy move. Delay of game in any circle except the INP?
I'm more offended of you calling me that liberal than anything you've said about Naz.
FWIW. The only circle that seem to have a problem with the ending is Simeon nation.

I am from the city, I root for CPS to win every game they don't play Nazareth. I wish there were more strong CPS programs like Simeon.

Re: the tweeting and such, deflections are easier than looking at the context of the two-second slow-mo clip. Analyze the prior 22 seconds as well.

Has anybody checked out the Simeon coach facebook page? It appears there is some more controversy (not just the video of the pylon and last play) but with a referee, text messages, and allegations that things were done with the refs to ensure a Naz victory. Crazy.

Doesn’t look terrible.

I will say that Naz player number 7 knew exactly what he was doing. Not only did he bat the ball away but he wouldnt go back to the other side of the ball when Simeon was trying to get a play off.

Didnt really look like Simeon was trying to get the play off. Half their kids were wandering around. They couldnt have snapped the ball anyway. No where near everybody was set.

The QB #3 was still looking to the sideline 10 seconds after the previous play ended. Simeon not close to being set up on O. No way were they going to get off another play.

Reactions: Irish LB
Has anybody checked out the Simeon coach facebook page? It appears there is some more controversy (not just the video of the pylon and last play) but with a referee, text messages, and allegations that things were done with the refs to ensure a Naz victory. Crazy.
He was being trolled hard

Some crazy parent who watched the game like everyone else. Not condoning his actions, they were incredibly stupid but he apologized and admitted he was trying to rile people up. Not sure who does that in their free time after a game like that but also not the conspiracy Simeon people are trying to make it out to be.

I don’t believe in twisting the knife in deeper but maybe he was threatened unprovoked like I was leaving that stadium. Some very interesting things said to me by some of the same people crying foul now. Moral of the story is every team has some whackos loosely associated with their fan base. My bad encounters were just chalked up at that as most of the Simeon people were very classy and very aware that it’s just a high school football game at the end of the day.

Reactions: Gene K.

People are losing it on his FB page. Literally stating the refs cheated and wanted Naz to win. Cmon!?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT