ADVERTISEMENT

Sideline Wide Screen TV

woody6

Jun 24, 2016
I saw, for the first time, a large monitor located on the home side of a field at the apex of where the V-shaped benches are placed for use as offensive/defensive units de-brief after leaving the field. How common of a site is this these days? This was seen at a CCL Blue home field.

I saw, for the first time, a large monitor located on the home side of a field at the apex of where the V-shaped benches are placed for use as offensive/defensive units de-brief after leaving the field. How common of a site is this these days? This was seen at a CCL Blue home field.
I've known teams to use a bunch of iPads since its much easier than bringing a TV to the game

First person to ever mention it was a problem. It was brought out at the end of last year if I remember correctly.

It allows the coaches to show immediate film to the players. We at warren use it. I know they use live action tablets a lot of other places

Reactions: emdee91
Saw it for the first time in a conference game (NIBXII school). Everyone else we’ve played used iPads

Should be banned.

A team shouldn’t be able to gain an in game advantage since they have a few thousand dollars to spend that their opponent doesn’t.

Should be banned.

A team shouldn’t be able to gain an in game advantage since they have a few thousand dollars to spend that their opponent doesn’t.
What defines an in game advantage? Better cleats or turf shoes members of one team could afford? Tighter new gen jerseys? Stronger, yet smaller pads?

What defines an in game advantage? Better cleats or turf shoes members of one team could afford? Tighter new gen jerseys? Stronger, yet smaller pads?

Jerseys and pads are regulated so everyone is on equal footing as for the shoes I always found the only thing that makes an expensive pair better is the marketing campaign.

Don’t you think one team being to watch film in game while the other can’t is an advantage?

Jerseys and pads are regulated so everyone is on equal footing as for the shoes I always found the only thing that makes an expensive pair better is the marketing campaign.

Don’t you think one team being to watch film in game while the other can’t is an advantage?
I think smaller, lighter pads make a big difference in surface area to grab and tackle and how one feels in the 4th quarter. Some programs still have to rotate pads from the 90s. Try on a 20 year old set and a current set. Nothing against the uniform requirements. Try a streamlined hip girdle and an old belt through the hip pads type. We are usually faced with two options, be forced to align under someone's interpretation of fairness or be more creative in our efforts to fund extracurriculars as the director's and communities see fit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT