ADVERTISEMENT

SF 33 Hilltoppers 28 FINAL

Just wondering, how Rita would matchup against St. Francis. Any insights from anyone who saw both JCA play SF and SR?

Would love to see Rita get to five wins with a huge upset against LA, but that will be tough. SF is next game after LA.
SF run D was awful in 1st half. They did better in 2nd but still struggled. Rita with depth will wear them down. SF has speed and good playmakers on O with a DI QB.
Rita will win.

Reactions: Wittymoniker1
Any JCA guys attend? I think SF has a solid set up other than parking. Great place to watch a fall game.
Tucked away in back of the school with the woods on 3 sides make it a unique setting.
I can imagine what it must look like when the trees turn colors!
A nice concession and restroom set up too.
The blue field was a little much for me but if the people of SF like it, so be it.
The announcer called a good game (JCA staff were you listening?).
Now in the CCL/ESCC, SF might consider more visitor seating beyond the 12 rows of bleachers set between the 42 yard lines.
Alessio Milivojevic is the real deal and his accuracy reminded me of Payton Thorne.
Williams & Ransom complement him well.
I was very impressed with the stamina and heart that the SF two-way linemen showed.
A few balls that were dropped could have given SF the upper hand far earlier in the game.
The Hilltoppers had their chances and again did some ill-advised things at critical times.
I believe the Hilltoppers will get to 5 wins and make the playoffs however next week may tell their fate for the rest of the rest of the year .
Both of their losses were winnable games in which they let the opponent hang around and were undone by various breakdowns when stepping up was needed.
I read the Herald News article on the game and Jaws appears frustrated by the recurring poor decisions at critical times.
The SF schedule has some tough sledding ahead and they have the talent to succeed.
Hopefully for them after such an emotional two weeks, they do not come out flat because they will need all of the good within them to defeat IC next week.
From my vantage point it seemed the refs blew the first Intentional Grounding call as Milivojevic surely appeared to be in the Endzone when he threw the ball to no one and yet no Safety was called.
Placing the ball at the one-inch line seems to suggest that the refs admitted that they missed the call.
If they could not account for where he was when he released the ball it is the right call as you cannot award points on something that you did not see/process.
Best of luck to the Spartans the rest of the way.

Tucked away in back of the school with the woods on 3 sides make it a unique setting.
I can imagine what it must look like when the trees turn colors!
A nice concession and restroom set up too.
The blue field was a little much for me but if the people of SF like it, so be it.
The announcer called a good game (JCA staff were you listening?).
Now in the CCL/ESCC, SF might consider more visitor seating beyond the 12 rows of bleachers set between the 42 yard lines.
Alessio Milivojevic is the real deal and his accuracy reminded me of Payton Thorne.
Williams & Ransom complement him well.
I was very impressed with the stamina and heart that the SF two-way linemen showed.
A few balls that were dropped could have given SF the upper hand far earlier in the game.
The Hilltoppers had their chances and again did some ill-advised things at critical times.
I believe the Hilltoppers will get to 5 wins and make the playoffs however next week may tell their fate for the rest of the rest of the year .
Both of their losses were winnable games in which they let the opponent hang around and were undone by various breakdowns when stepping up was needed.
I read the Herald News article on the game and Jaws appears frustrated by the recurring poor decisions at critical times.
The SF schedule has some tough sledding ahead and they have the talent to succeed.
Hopefully for them after such an emotional two weeks, they do not come out flat because they will need all of the good within them to defeat IC next week.
From my vantage point it seemed the refs blew the first Intentional Grounding call as Milivojevic surely appeared to be in the Endzone when he threw the ball to no one and yet no Safety was called.
Placing the ball at the one-inch line seems to suggest that the refs admitted that they missed the call.
If they could not account for where he was when he released the ball it is the right call as you cannot award points on something that you did not see/process.
Best of luck to the Spartans the rest of the way.
Well said, I think the jca play calling could’ve been better too!

Just wondering, how Rita would matchup against St. Francis. Any insights from anyone who saw both JCA play SF and SR?

Would love to see Rita get to five wins with a huge upset against LA, but that will be tough. SF is next game after LA.
Honestly, SF has more talent at the skill positions than either SR or JC.

They are more explosive and more dangerous. But they also shoot themselves in the foot a lot. I would expect a SR-SF game to be close and I believe Rita would close it out 7 out of 10 times largely due to penalties and things like that.

Similar to JC. I think JC likely beats SF more than half the time. Fumbling the ball inside the 10 yard line and giving up more than a few 3rd/4th and longs was all it took to let SF stick around.

All three teams are fairly even. Rita and JC better on the lines. SF more dynamic across the board in terms of skill position personnel. They seem to have developed a reputation of poorly timed penalties and decisions. If they can mature beyond that, they can be a real dangerous playoff team.

Honestly, SF has more talent at the skill positions than either SR or JC.

They are more explosive and more dangerous. But they also shoot themselves in the foot a lot. I would expect a SR-SF game to be close and I believe Rita would close it out 7 out of 10 times largely due to penalties and things like that.

Similar to JC. I think JC likely beats SF more than half the time. Fumbling the ball inside the 10 yard line and giving up more than a few 3rd/4th and longs was all it took to let SF stick around.

All three teams are fairly even. Rita and JC better on the lines. SF more dynamic across the board in terms of skill position personnel. They seem to have developed a reputation of poorly timed penalties and decisions. If they can mature beyond that, they can be a real dangerous playoff team.
Not if they play in 4A. Mighty Rochester might have something to say about it, maybe not the team but the delusional fans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT